Dagestan is not a country.
Crimea is not a country.
Lombardy is not a country.
Scotland is not a country.
Ukraine is a country.
Russian Federation is a country.
Italy is a country.
UK is a country.

I think regular people is getting tired of imperialism of their govs.
Not just in Russia but everywhere in the world.
Internationally recognized borders are not perfect but continuously contesting them would mean persistent war.

Your idea of peace is simply to appease Putin, annex parts, or all of Ukraine and allow him to continue unabated thereafter in his quest to turn the clock back to the glory days of the Soviet Union.
c_v,
No, this is your idea of peace, it has nothing to do with what I think. As usual, you're just projecting your views onto other people. That's one of your many faults you might want to correct in 2023.

Be that as it may, you're welcome to your deluded, baseless, irrational fears if they don't harm anyone else. As it is, tens of thousands - if not hundreds of thousands - of people are dying because of them. And that number could quite easily escalate into millions if this thing turns nuclear - which it very easily could. I'm absolutely serious when I say that I regard you and CV as dangerous extremists who pose a far greater threat to my life and that of my family and friends than Putin and Russia.
:mad:
Tim.

Last edited:
c_v,
No, this is your idea of peace, it has nothing to do with what I think. As usual, you're just projecting your views onto other people. That's one of your many faults you might want to correct in 2023.

Be that as it may, you're welcome to your deluded, baseless, irrational fears if they don't harm anyone else. As it is, tens of thousands - if not hundreds of thousands - of people are dying because of them. And that number could quite easily escalate into millions if this thing turns nuclear - which it very easily could. I'm absolutely serious when I say that I regard you and CV as dangerous extremists who pose a far greater threat to my life and that of my family and friends than Putin and Russia.
Tim.

:ROFLMAO:

Why don't you tell us all what you really think.

Perhaps you could start with, how to get Russia and Ukraine round the table for "peace talks" whilst Russia continues de-nazifying Ukraine.

Just as a place marker, I think the first day of the new year is a good place to remind everyone what this war is really all about, how the scam is being played and who the beneficiaries of it are. Sadly, those of you who most need to watch it probably won't, because you refuse to listen to anyone who tells the truth. The rest of you - enjoy . . .

Just as a place marker, I think the first day of the new year is a good place to remind everyone what this war is really all about, how the scam is being played and who the beneficiaries of it are. Sadly, those of you who most need to watch it probably won't, because you refuse to listen to anyone who tells the truth. The rest of you - enjoy . . .

Yeah I watched it.

Pure unadulterated guff.

:ROFLMAO:

Why don't you tell us all what you really think.

Perhaps you could start with, how to get Russia and Ukraine round the table for "peace talks" whilst Russia continues de-nazifying Ukraine.
c_v,
You might well want to laugh off my comments and treat them as a joke. Sadly, they're anything but, I meant every syllable.

Regarding peace talks, Putin isn't the one blocking them, it's Zelensky:
Five conditions for peace talks
To be fair to Zelensky, as unreasonable as these five conditions are, they are a step forward from his previous position which stipulated that negotiations could not take place while Putin remained Russia's President.
Biden admin nudge led Ukraine to drop Putin condition for peace talks
😲
Tim.

Pure unadulterated guff.
Your usual top notch, intelligent, reasoned and well thought out analysis. Not!
Please tell me: what is the point of posting this? Surely you realise it makes you look very silly indeed? Not least because it represents a complete U-turn from your position a few pages back when you posted this response to the exact same interview with Col. Douglas Macgregor : ". . .The system is of course totally corrupt. . ."
You agreed with him then - but now you think he's talking "unadulterated guff".
😲

Last edited:
Your usual top notch, intelligent, reasoned and well thought out analysis. Not!
Please tell me: what is the point of posting this? Surely you realise it makes you look very silly indeed? Not least because it represents a complete U-turn from your position a few pages back when you posted this response to the exact same interview with Col. Douglas Macgregor : ". . .The system is of course totally corrupt. . ."
You agreed with him then - but now you think he's talking "unadulterated guff".
😲
I didn't agree with him. I didn't watch it.

I don't need him or you or anyone else to tell me how the US govt system works. It's totally corrupt and always has been.

That doesn't mean to say that he is right on this issue. Far from it. As for the presenter, well, lets just say, he would have no problem impersonating a screaming drama queen.

I didn't agree with him. I didn't watch it.

I don't need him or you or anyone else to tell me how the US govt system works. It's totally corrupt and always has been.
c_v,
There's nothing in my comment that accompanies the first Macgregor interview in this post that relates in any way, shape or form to your subsequent comment about corruption. Therefore, it must be in response to one (or both) of the videos, as they each outline how the corruption works. To expect us to believe that you didn't listen/watch a video which explains how the system is corrupt and that your reply saying pretty much exactly the same thing is pure coincidence - is a big ask. Huge, massive.
:rolleyes:
So, Col. Douglas Macgregor explains how the system is corrupt and how the military industrial complex, politicians, lobbyists etc. all benefit from what is essentially a massive scam. You accept that this is going on (even though you say you didn't watch the video), but you don't condemn it or call it out for what it is. That's tantamount to condoning it; just so these elites can make obscene amounts of money while thousands die. Your moral compass - if you have one - needs a major overhaul.
That doesn't mean to say that he is right on this issue. Far from it. As for the presenter, well, lets just say, he would have no problem impersonating a screaming drama queen.
Fine. If Macgregor (and Russell Brand) are wrong, kindly enlighten us as to how and why? Your arrogance in expecting people to accept your opinions as fact without ever offering a single shred of evidence to support your stance is simply breathtaking. There's really no point in you responding to my posts if you don't provide something, anything, that even vaguely resembles a logical and reasoned argument. In fact c_v, if you can't do that, I suggest you do us all a favour and don't post at all.
Tim.

If Macgregor (and Russell Brand) are wrong, kindly enlighten us as to how and why? ... without ever offering a single shred of evidence to support your stance
Speaking to Fox News three days after the Ukraine invasion began, Macgregor suggested that the conflict was already nearing an end:

"The battle in eastern Ukraine is really almost over, all of the Ukrainian troops there have been largely surrounded and cut off. You have a concentration down in the Southeast of 30 or 40,000 of them, and if they don't surrender in the next 24 hours, I suspect Russia will ultimately annihilate them."

Russell Brand is wrong about the first point: Maidan, also called the Revolution of Dignity, wasn’t a far-right revolution organized by America.

Ukraine’s Maidan Revolution was an extraordinarily democratic moment. During that winter revolution, the people in the streets stood their ground demanding self-determination. Initially, people protested because they feared Ukraine was turning toward Russia, away from liberal Europe. This is hardly a neo-Nazi stance.

When Yanukovych’s secret police, the Berkut, began to beat and eventually kill the protesters, it awakened the nation, who came to stand against tyranny.

But the people didn’t flinch and the then-president, Viktor Yanukovych, a pal of Putin, fled to Russia, afraid of the people. He didn’t believe in an idea called Ukraine enough to stay.

the Donetsk People's Republic (DPR) ...
does not exist anymore.
1672589547524.png

And I though "pravda" meant "truth" in Russian.:p

Very interesting R_L, but it has absolutely sweet FA to do with the current topic under discussion.
:rolleyes:
Ditto, as above.
I suggest you leave well alone but, if you really want to dig yourself into a deep hole like c_v has done, then dust off your shovel and address the video and article below . . .

Leaked phone call on Ukraine lays bare Washington’s gangsterism
". . . The real political significance of the phone conversation between Nuland and Pyatt is left largely in the shade. This is no accident, as the call provides a devastating exposure of the criminal and imperialist character of US policy in Ukraine and debunks the phony “democratic” pretensions of the Obama administration.

In his State of the Union speech last month, Obama declared: “In Ukraine, we stand for the principle that all people have the right to express themselves freely and peacefully, and to have a say in their country’s future.”

What the tape makes clear, however, is that Washington is employing methods of international gangsterism, including violence, to effect a political coup aimed at installing a regime that is fully subordinate to US geo-strategic interests."

Tim.

There seems to be a theme here.

All those who picked the wrong side in the first week, like Tim and Macgregor, "but not Brand, as he was very late jumping on the alternative band waggon" have kept on doubling down because they don't know how to back down and get on the right side.

The smarter ones like Att have executed a cunning ploy by inventing a terminal falling out with a mod, so as not needing to continue on this thread. :ROFLMAO:

There seems to be a theme here.

All those who picked the wrong side in the first week, like Tim and Macgregor, "but not Brand, as he was very late jumping on the alternative band waggon" have kept on doubling down because they don't know how to back down and get on the right side.
Oh the irony! You're writing about yourself c_v - not me. You're the one with the massive ego who is always right about absolutely everything and never admits to being wrong - not me.

Let me repeat for the umpteenth time: I'm not on any side - as in being for or against the U.S. or Russia. Ask the other CV, he'll tell you, as he's made the same mistake in the past and I had to correct him 'back along' as they say in the west country. The only 'side' I'm on is the side of peace. If that's the wrong side - please tell me how and why? Whereas, you, CV and R_L actively want war which will result in nothing but senseless death and destruction on a massive scale and prove ruinous to western economies and result in unnecessary financial hardship for millions of people throughout Europe. All to fight a war that the head of Ukrainian armed forces has admitted can't be won without massive intervention from NATO. Seemingly, and shockingly, you appear to be quite happy at that prospect and, with it, the very real risk that the conflict turns nuclear. Just so Ukraine can retain a patch of land you didn't even know existed eighteen months ago, let alone point to on a map. Absolute insanity. I mean truly fcuking mad. Yet I'm the one that's somehow on the wrong side of the argument, all because I'm trying to end the current disaster and to prevent an even bigger one from happening. What a truly fcuked up place the world is! I despair, I really do.
Tim.

Last edited:
Let's recap a little bit.
Ukraine is an independent country and has the right to defend its legal borders.
There were no genocide of Russians in Ukraine.
Putin started to grab land from Ukraine in 2014 (Crimea) to protect the black sea fleet and to boost his image.
US and Russia have been always meddling with Ukraine politics just like the politics of 90% of the countries in the world.
Politics is one thing, invasions are another.
With support Ukraine can win the war in 1 year, without support they will win in 3-6 years.

Is US always trying to rule the world? YES
Does this give the right to Putin to invade his neighbours? NO

Last edited: