Ukraine invasion

Excellent. Cleaning up and eradicating corruption is front and center of Ukraine's journey towards accountable democracy.

It's all been outlined and detailed in Zelensky's roadmap for Ukraine. Servant of the people.
Watch it, you might learn something. :ROFLMAO:

Excellent. Cleaning up and eradicating corruption is front and center of Ukraine's journey towards accountable democracy.

It's all been outlined and detailed in Zelensky's roadmap for Ukraine. Servant of the people.
Watch it, you might learn something. :ROFLMAO:

Is Zelensky 100% honest?
I dont' know, I think there are no 100% honest politicians.
Zelensky made his money as a professional comedian.
What matters is that Zelensky risked his life and remained in Kiev for the first 2 weeks of the invasion, despite he was suggested to flee by US and France.
That decision made the difference.
He is not Mother Theresa and he makes mistakes like everyone.

It looks like Ukraine has lost the 2022 International Corruption Competition to ...
1671207204999.png
:)

Russia has always been corrupt. Which is why their military doesn't work !
Corrupt or not, Russia's military appears to be working extremely well. As those of us on the right side of the argument have been saying for months now, the situation for Ukraine will only go from bad to worse to totally unbearable. And there's absolutely sweet FA the collective west can do about it. All they can do is to trumpet the latest wonder weapon which, supposedly, will change the course of the war. It won't, of course. At best, it'll delay the inevitable - nothing more. The flavour this month is Patriot missiles. Only thing is, for the reasons outlined in the two videos I posted earlier, they will make matters worse for Ukraine - not better. The Russians must be pissing themselves laughing. Time to stop this nonsense now before it gets out of hand. Risking nuclear war for a patch of land no one outside of Ukraine had ever heard of until eighteen months ago is the height of madness. It's literally insane.
😲

Corrupt or not, Russia's military appears to be working extremely well.
If Russia's military was working extremely well,

Corrupt or not, Russia's military appears to be working extremely well. As those of us on the right side of the argument have been saying for months now, the situation for Ukraine will only go from bad to worse to totally unbearable. And there's absolutely sweet FA the collective west can do about it. All they can do is to trumpet the latest wonder weapon which, supposedly, will change the course of the war. It won't, of course. At best, it'll delay the inevitable - nothing more. The flavour this month is Patriot missiles. Only thing is, for the reasons outlined in the two videos I posted earlier, they will make matters worse for Ukraine - not better. The Russians must be pissing themselves laughing. Time to stop this nonsense now before it gets out of hand. Risking nuclear war for a patch of land no one outside of Ukraine had ever heard of until eighteen months ago is the height of madness. It's literally insane.
😲

Still mega paranoid about the nukes I see.
China has already told Russia that they won't be nuking anyone.(y)

Russia better heed China's warning or vassal state option might go off the table. Far better that Russia maintains some kind of authority over governance of their country, even if it is in name only. :giggle:

Russia has demonstrated that they are a third world military force. They will be lucky if they survive the winter in Ukraine.
Your silver bets are looking extremely dodgy. :ROFLMAO:

R_L,
Yet again, you're labouring under a whole host of misconceptions. Allow me to put you straight . . .

The war would have ended nine months ago.
Why?
You - and the collective west think Russia should work according to your time frame. When they don't, you equate that with them losing the war. This is western propaganda pure and simple. If you fall for it, then I'm afraid you're engaging in what Jordan Peterson describes as 'low resolution thinking'.
Zelensky would have been captured, killed, or exiled.
Why?
While Zelensky is seen by the west as the reincarnation of Mother Theresa, killing him would play into the hands of western politicians and MSN. c_v thinks Putin's a pariah now, just imagine what he'd think if Zelensky was assassinated!!! That said, in the fullness of time, Zelensky will be replaced - his days are numbered.
Some puppet à la Yanukovych would be president of Ukraine.
In time - this will happen.
The U.S. put in their puppet in 2014 - and I dare say that once Zelensky and his regime are evicted that the Russians will replace him with someone favourable to them. That's just common sense. There's no point going to all this trouble just to replace Zelensky with another U.S. puppet is there!
NATO wouldn't be expanding.
Well, it won't be expanding any further - that's for sure. Putin / Russia will see to that!
There would have been no partial mobilization.
Why?
Again, you and the west think you know better than Russia how to conduct the war. When they don't do as you think they should - you regard that as failure on their part. More low resolution thinking.
Russia wouldn't need to resurrect 50-year-old tanks.
Why?
If the tanks serve their purpose and are still in good working order - why not use them? And if they're not fit for purpose, they would have been decommissioned. Obvious, innit!
Why?
If another country makes a weapon that you can use to good effect - why not use it? (And Russia has used them to devastating effect.) If you apply your logic to Ukraine, they wouldn't be using the bulk of the weapons they're using.
Why?
MSM spin. Sure, he's changed the head man and, doubtless a few others. So what? It's reasonable to ensure one has the best wo/men in place at the top to get the job done. By your flawed logic, no successful business would ever replace their senior executives.
timsk wouldn't be risking his precious silver.:)
The risk to me is zero. Literally zero. Ukraine will not be getting back the territory the Russians control - so I can not lose the bet. Whereas, the probability of me winning it is extremely high - I'm already 9/10ths of the way there!
;)
Tim.

Last edited:
c_v,
Still mega paranoid about the nukes I see.
. . . And, seemingly, you're either unaware of the risks or quite happy to put the lives of your friends and family in harms way - all for a parcel of land in eastern Europe! Shocking and scary.
China has already told Russia that they won't be nuking anyone.(y)
What's China got to do with it?
Russia better heed China's warning or vassal state option might go off the table. Far better that Russia maintains some kind of authority over governance of their country, even if it is in name only. :giggle:
This is a non-sequitur.
If it relates to my previous post in some way - it's not clear how. Please explain?
Russia has demonstrated that they are a third world military force. They will be lucky if they survive the winter in Ukraine.
Russia is taking on not just Ukraine, but the entire collective might of the U.S. and Europe (bar boots on the ground). Given that, they're doing waaaaaaay better than anyone in their worst nightmare imagined they would. The west knows they can't win this conflict without direct NATO intervention - which is why they'll throw Zelensky under a bus when they're finished with him. It's inevitable.
Your silver bets are looking extremely dodgy. :ROFLMAO:
As I said to R_L, it's impossible for me to lose the bet. Conversely, with each passing day, the prospect of you losing it goes up exponentially. In fact, you're only hope is to pray that Putin fails to secure all the regions by the agreed deadline.
:ROFLMAO:
Tim.

Update on Russian military operations in and around Ukraine for December 17, 2022
  • Russian missiles and drones deliver massive damage to Ukrainian electrical infrastructure.
  • The extensive damage reported by Russian strikes contradicts Kiev’s claims of intercepting “most” Russian missiles and drones.
  • Pentagon plans training program for 500 Ukrainian forces per month falling far short of necessary numbers just to replace lost Ukrainian manpower.
  • Ukrainian General Zaluzhny admits a growing logistical crisis and shortcomings regarding Western systems transferred to Ukrainian forces.
  • Zaluzhny complains about HIMARS’ limited range.
  • Zaluzhny demands arms deliveries on a scale the US and NATO are incapable of delivering.

This is the video by 'The Duran' that egghead Brian references in his video, above. Below that is a link to the Economist article that both Brian and Alexander Mercouris discuss in their respective videos.

“Victory in Ukraine is impossible whatever Zaluzhny says, because the resources required to achieve it are beyond any rational limit.” Alexander Mercouris.

Economist article:
An interview with General Valery Zaluzhny, head of Ukraine’s armed forces

Last edited: