Ukraine invasion

Go and talk to one of them ... but to ordinary Ukrainians living without any heating, water and have lost a close family member or friend to the conflict. Ask them if they want the war to end or if they want it to continue for however long it takes for the likes of you and sleepy Joe to achieve regime change in Russia.
It's been done already.
I'm so sorry -- that was a poll of Russians.;)

Surely someone asked Ukrainians?
1670773852677.png

I apologize again. I forgot you disagree with the normal definition of a majority.:p

Russia just passed a bill against pedophilia
They just passed a bill against propaganda for pedophilia (and some other sexual orientations) to protect minors, the bill against pedophilia is older

Because of broken links It seems the original source of the survey does not exist at Gallup .. any more - or never existed?
So it cannot be researched who was asked and how many answers of which region were taken. The quality of such polls without sufficient information about the source are always dubious and often made for manipulations, even if they themselves have not been manipulated.

"Gallup uses a random-digit-dial (RDD) method or a nationally representative list of phone numbers. Which list?
Telephone methodology is typical in the U.S., Canada, Western Europe, Japan, Australia, etc. Gallup purchases telephone samples from various sample providers located in each region, including Sample Answers and Sample Solutions."
Source: https://www.gallup.com/178667/gallup-world-poll-work.aspx

It's been done already.
I'm so sorry -- that was a poll of Russians.;)
R_L,
"Leaked Kremlin documents show collapse in public support for Ukraine war". Except they don't link to them so we can't see what these supposedly leaked documents actually say. There's a surprise. Not. Rubbish journalism.
As you well know, frame the question in the right way and you can get any answer you want. Now, go to Ukraine and ask them the following question and see if you get the same result as the Gallop poll:
Q. Do you (ordinary Ukrainians) want to continue fighting a war that can't possibly be won and will only result in more death, more destruction and more loss of territory, or would you like to end the war today with a negotiated peace settlement that will be far more favourable to Ukrainians than it will be in six months, a year or whatever - when there's nothing left of your country?

I apologize again. I forgot you disagree with the normal definition of a majority.:p
Nonsense.
You just pretend you don't understand how these things work because it suits your narrative. In case you forgot, I completely debunked what you wrote in the post you linked to here. But please, do us both a favour and let's not rake over old ground yet again - it's so boring!
;)
Tim.

Update on Russian military operations in Ukraine for December 12, 2022.
  • Russia continues its war of attrition - focusing on exhausting and overwhelming critical Ukrainian defenses around Bakhmut in eastern Ukraine/western Russia.
  • Despite claims that Russian missile stockpiles are depleted, Russia continues carrying out regular, large-scale missile barrages against Ukrainian infrastructure.
  • Latest US assistance package for Ukraine continues the trend of dwindling, inadequate support for Ukraine;.
  • US government procurement numbers over the course of the next 2-5 years indicates that at no time in the near future will the US be capable of producing let alone supplying Ukraine with the number of weapons and ammunition it requires.
  • While Russian production data is not available, the fact that Russia’s stockpiles and military were configured for large-scale protracted and intense combat suggests its military industrial output is likewise configured for such demands.
  • The Western media is now admitting that Ukraine can neither win, nor is there any moral imperative to ensure that it does...

@Rufus_Leakey
Russians supported the invasion as long as they were not required to fight.
In Italy we have a sentence "armiamoci e partite!"
Maybe a translation could be "we arm for war, you fight!"
Are you saying the average Russian doesn't want to risk death or injury to help Putin, Medvedev, and the oligarchs who have managed to stay away from windows?:D

Update on Russian military operations in Ukraine for December 12, 2022.
  • Russia continues its war of attrition - focusing on exhausting and overwhelming critical Ukrainian defenses around Bakhmut in eastern Ukraine/western Russia.
  • Despite claims that Russian missile stockpiles are depleted, Russia continues carrying out regular, large-scale missile barrages against Ukrainian infrastructure.
  • Latest US assistance package for Ukraine continues the trend of dwindling, inadequate support for Ukraine;.
  • US government procurement numbers over the course of the next 2-5 years indicates that at no time in the near future will the US be capable of producing let alone supplying Ukraine with the number of weapons and ammunition it requires.
  • While Russian production data is not available, the fact that Russia’s stockpiles and military were configured for large-scale protracted and intense combat suggests its military industrial output is likewise configured for such demands.
  • The Western media is now admitting that Ukraine can neither win, nor is there any moral imperative to ensure that it does...
Ukraine might have an "arms drain," but Russia has a ...
1670793155847.png

:D

c_v,
You are to be congratulated for sort of, ish, just about, managing to comment on the message rather than the messenger. It's a start. However, do please enlighten us as to what the many ridiculous levels are?

As for Claire Daly wrapping her head around the notion that Ukrainians have no interest in a negotiated peace settlement, this just shows how divorced you are from reality. To you, this is all a game, to be enjoyed from the warmth and comfort of your living room. Your sheer arrogance to assume - for that's exactly what you're doing - what ordinary Ukrainians want and think is quite breathtaking. Go and talk to one of them (not Zelensky who's doing very nicely out of all the carnage), but to ordinary Ukrainians living without any heating, water and have lost a close family member or friend to the conflict. Ask them if they want the war to end or if they want it to continue for however long it takes for the likes of you and sleepy Joe to achieve regime change in Russia. I suspect you'll find that they have zero interest in your political beliefs or in U.S. hegemony. Like anyone in their situation, all they really want is a hot shower, to be warm and to be safe. If a negotiated peace settlement can achieve that - they'll be happy - just as you would be if you were in their shoes.
Tim.
Claire Daly is obviously not very important but she has a platform where she can gob off about all kinds of things that she clearly knows nothing about. These sorts of people can be quite dangerous, but I don't think she is in that league....... yet !

She's big in Russia though. :ROFLMAO:

There is overwhelming support by Ukrainians to ensure that they drive Russia out.
The media is awash with interviews and reports from Ukrainians liberated in the counter offensives. They all tell the same story. We will suffer the hardship, but we will not give up our country, freedoms and democracy.

So, best you find me some examples of Ukrainians who welcome the Russian invaders.
Good luck.

Last edited:
There is overwhelming support by Ukrainians to ensure that they drive Russia out.
The media is awash with interviews and reports from Ukrainians liberated in the counter offensives. They all tell the same story. We will suffer the hardship, but we will not give up our country, freedoms and democracy.
c_v,
If there was a poll that asked the questions:
Q. Do you support Russia's invasion of Ukraine - yes or no?
I'd answer 'no'.
Q. Should Putin call a ceasefire and withdraw his forces immediately - yes or no?
I'd answer 'yes'.
However, as I keep saying ad nauseam, what I think should happen and what you and Ukrainians 'wish' for and 'want' are another matter entirely. It's irrelevant how brave the soldiers are, or the resolve of the people or how good an actor Zelensky is - none of that will change the outcome of the conflict. Protract it maybe, but not change it. The only way that what you want and wish for could ever happen is by direct NATO intervention - and you'd better pray for all our sakes that that doesn't happen. But, unless and until it does, the slow but relentless grind of the Russian military machine will continue until their objectives are met, and with it yet more needless death and destruction. And there's absolutely nothing Zelensky and Ukraine can do to stop that from happening. Nada, zilch. To be crystal clear, I'm not saying that's the right thing, what should happen or what I want to happen - it's just the reality on the ground. What will it take for you to get your head out of cloud cuckoo fantasy land and accept - for better or for worse - that this is the reality of the situation?

So, best you find me some examples of Ukrainians who welcome the Russian invaders.
Good luck.
As I've made very very clear, what Ukrainians want and what they get are chalk and cheese. Ditto for you. You appear to live in some childlike utopia where good always triumphs over evil and David always beats Goliath. The real world just ain't like that!
;)
Tim.

Riots to break out in Mariupol, says local official​

Mariupol is on the verge of riots amid anger among residents over a lack of heating in homes and leaking roofs, according to a local official.

Russia claimed full control of the city in May after defeating the last bastion of resistance at the Azovstal steel plant.

But it has reportedly been unable to get the city's utilities working in time for the winter after destroying an estimated 90 per cent of buildings and critical infrastructure.

"A riot is brewing in Mariupol. Propaganda images no longer work, occupation authorities are silent, while problems are piling up. All that is missing is a catalyst," said Petro Andryushchenko, an advisor to the mayor of Mariupol said.

Riots to break out in Mariupol, says local official​

Mariupol is on the verge of riots amid anger among residents over a lack of heating in homes and leaking roofs, according to a local official.

Russia claimed full control of the city in May after defeating the last bastion of resistance at the Azovstal steel plant.

But it has reportedly been unable to get the city's utilities working in time for the winter after destroying an estimated 90 per cent of buildings and critical infrastructure.

"A riot is brewing in Mariupol. Propaganda images no longer work, occupation authorities are silent, while problems are piling up. All that is missing is a catalyst," said Petro Andryushchenko, an advisor to the mayor of Mariupol said.
That's typical MSM BS - as there is no mayor of Maruipol and there cannot be an advisor of a non existing person.
Click on 'city government' and 'mayor' and there is only a dead link.

The mayor escaped in March 2022

.. with his oligarch ..
and left the citizens alone.

Your "advisor" Petro Andryushchenko is only quoted by Western media in the role of a war mongerer with war propaganda. I really wonder why he is still presented by MSM as "advisor" - of a non existing mayor.

Last edited:
That's typical MSM BS - as there is no mayor of Maripul and there cannot be an advisor of a non existing person.
Click on 'city government' and 'mayor' and there is only a dead link.

The mayor escaped in March 2022

.. with his oligarch ..
and left the citizens alone.

Your "advisor" Petro Andryushchenko is only quoted by Western media in the role of a war mongerer with war propaganda. I really wonder why he is still presented by MSM as "advisor" - of a non existing mayor.

Probably talking about the Russian installed stooge based in Mariupol. Who will definitely run away when the rioting starts.

Last edited:

remember:

When everything around you is doom and gloom, the last thing on your mind is talking about it. Let alone, answer questions.
What a pathetic loser this has turned out to be. Reducing the once mighty Russia to pariah status.
c_v,
What on earth are you on about? Putin decides not to hold a press conference and in your mind this has reduced Russia to pariah status. Que? Dunno what you've been taking - but it's seriously messin' with your head!

Besides which, if - as claimed in the BBC propaganda - Kremlin press conferences ". . . resembled staged shows, where pro-Kremlin reporters were reduced to asking the country's all-powerful ruler mostly flattering questions", why would Putin not want to do it? The reasons, whatever they may be, are almost certainly not as you allege. Besides which, what's different about Russian press conferences compared to U.S. or U.K. ones? Don't tell me you think sleepy Joe's handlers let any old reporter ask him anything they want and that they and their questions aren't vetted beforehand?
:ROFLMAO:
Tim.