Ukraine invasion

Looks like the fixing operation against the Russian advances has worked. No progress for almost 3 months.

Long awaited counter offensive gaining momentum now after firstly destroying Russian supply lines, ammo dumps, air fields and craft, critical logistic routes etc.

It could take a long time, or the Ukrainian advances could be swift. All depends how many Russian troops surrender or run away coupled with the Russian's ability to maintain supplies.

There is no good news being reported on the Russian side. None. So perhaps now the naysayers will get behind Ukraine's valiant effort !

I won't hold my breath mind.

No progress for almost 3 months.
Ukrainian maps show it different in the east:
1662041760071.png

1662041797180.png

Ukrainian maps show it different in the east:
Histo',
The C_Vs are desperate to believe anything that supports what they want to happen, irrespective of what's actually happening on the battlefield. Anything that doesn't support or negates the outcome they desire is dismissed and/or ignored. I suspect that even when there's a negotiated settlement - which there will be eventually - and Russia walks away with a good chunk of what was Ukraine and I win my wager for 1oz of silver with CV, I bet you anything you like they'll still make out that it's a Ukrainian victory. It's the same mindset that says vaccines are safe and effective - even though there's mountains of solid, bona fide, cast iron evidence that proves beyond doubt that they're anything but. I really do despair at times - no wonder the world is in such a mess when so many people are unable to evaluate objectively what they see with their own eyes. Before the pandemic and now Ukraine, I didn't realise I had a special skill in this regard, one that, seemingly, so few others possess. Oh, and you, At' and n_t of course! If I knew how to market it we'd clean up big time, as there's clearly a huge and widespread need for our services!
;)

Zelensky made it clear from day 1 that Ukraine would never give in to Russian aggression.
Ukrainians know their minds and are resolute and determined to defend their country.

Not a difficult problem to understand, but some seem to be having a real torrid time getting their heads around it.

The Russians cannot win or control the Ukrainians cos they are having none of it.

So once again, who exactly is going to negotiate anything. Who believes that anything negotiated with Russia is worth the paper it's written on.

. . . Not a difficult problem to understand, but some seem to be having a real torrid time getting their heads around it. . .
c_v,
If you ever decide to leave planet fantasy and return to planet earth - wrap your head around this latest offering from Brian. It's solid, bona fide, cast iron evidence that proves that this whole conflict is primarily the result of U.S. foreign policy and that the Biden administration knowingly (and deliberately???) triggered Putin and Russia into invading Ukraine.

c_v,
If you ever decide to leave planet fantasy and return to planet earth - wrap your head around this latest offering from Brian. It's solid, bona fide, cast iron evidence that proves that this whole conflict is primarily the result of U.S. foreign policy and that the Biden administration knowingly (and deliberately???) triggered Putin and Russia into invading Ukraine.

Did you not understand what this document was about? Clearly Brainless Brian doesn't understand it. He decided to put his own slant on it, which is 100% incorrect. It is not a blueprint for antagonising Russia. Nothing of the sort.

Let me explain.

It is a document that war games various scenarios, responses, counter measures etc.
So it is rather unsurprising that, some, most, all, of the measures are now enacted in this real world situation.

As Paul Tudor Jones once said...."well that was hard to figure out" ! NOT

Did you not understand what this document was about? Clearly Brainless Brian doesn't understand it. He decided to put his own slant on it, which is 100% incorrect. It is not a blueprint for antagonising Russia. Nothing of the sort.
c_v,
Like Brian, I understand perfectly what the document is about - the 'Research Questions' that form the basis of the report make that abundantly clear. Of the three points listed (see below), you're just focusing on the third one and conveniently ignoring the first two - especially the second one that I've highlighted in bold:
  1. What are Russia's greatest anxieties and vulnerabilities?
  2. In what ways can these anxieties and vulnerabilities be exploited and extend Russia?
  3. What are the costs and risks associated with each option, and what are the prospects of success?
Brian's 'slant' as you put it is merely to highlight what's in the document. As he rightly says - it's a signed confession that the U.S. wants to do everything it can to undermine and provoke Russia. I realise this completely blows apart your entire narrative of 'Zelensky (U.S. puppet) and Ukraine good - Putin and Russia bad', but pretending this document is anything other than what it plainly is won't help your cause one bit. It's time to face reality and accept that U.S. foreign policy and the Biden/BoJo administrations are every bit as culpable for what's happening in Ukraine as Putin is. As those of us on my side of the argument have been saying from the get go: there are no good guys and bad guys - they're all bad guys.
Tim.

Link to the Rand Corporation document in question that Brian of 'The New Atlas' discusses in the video in my post #2,368:
Extending Russia Competing from Advantageous Ground

c_v,
Like Brian, I understand perfectly what the document is about - the 'Research Questions' that form the basis of the report make that abundantly clear. Of the three points listed (see below), you're just focusing on the third one and conveniently ignoring the first two - especially the second one that I've highlighted in bold:
  1. What are Russia's greatest anxieties and vulnerabilities?
  2. In what ways can these anxieties and vulnerabilities be exploited and extend Russia?
  3. What are the costs and risks associated with each option, and what are the prospects of success?
Brian's 'slant' as you put it is merely to highlight what's in the document. As he rightly says - it's a signed confession that the U.S. wants to do everything it can to undermine and provoke Russia. I realise this completely blows apart your entire narrative of 'Zelensky (U.S. puppet) and Ukraine good - Putin and Russia bad', but pretending this document is anything other than what it plainly is won't help your cause one bit. It's time to face reality and accept that U.S. foreign policy and the Biden/BoJo administrations are every bit as culpable for what's happening in Ukraine as Putin is. As those of us on my side of the argument have been saying from the get go: there are no good guys and bad guys - they're all bad guys.
Tim.

Link to the Rand Corporation document in question that Brian of 'The New Atlas' discusses in the video in my post #2,368:
Extending Russia Competing from Advantageous Ground

Glad to see they were well prepared.

Maybe Russia will learn something.

The 6 P's

Perfect planning prevents piss poor performance.

Yes thanks R_L, I'm well aware of the differences.
That this is your only riposte is a sure sign you know the game is up and any pretence that this conflict is merely about Ukrainian sovereignty and democracy is now consigned to the dustbin of history. If you want to jump ships and join the 'right' side in this discussion - you're very welcome!
:p

Histo',
The C_Vs are desperate to believe anything that supports what they want to happen, irrespective of what's actually happening on the battlefield. Anything that doesn't support or negates the outcome they desire is dismissed and/or ignored. I suspect that even when there's a negotiated settlement - which there will be eventually - and Russia walks away with a good chunk of what was Ukraine and I win my wager for 1oz of silver with CV, I bet you anything you like they'll still make out that it's a Ukrainian victory. It's the same mindset that says vaccines are safe and effective - even though there's mountains of solid, bona fide, cast iron evidence that proves beyond doubt that they're anything but. I really do despair at times - no wonder the world is in such a mess when so many people are unable to evaluate objectively what they see with their own eyes. Before the pandemic and now Ukraine, I didn't realise I had a special skill in this regard, one that, seemingly, so few others possess. Oh, and you, At' and n_t of course! If I knew how to market it we'd clean up big time, as there's clearly a huge and widespread need for our services!
;)

Makes me question the intelligence of MSM lackeys! Who would believe an offensive, that was communicated in advance to the enemy, could be anything other than politically motivated? Imagine if the allies gave the Germans the plans for operation overlord, in advance.