Uk Trader Blamed For Flash Crash

If he did not commit any offences, then I don't know why we are spending time and space talking about him unless it is to close certain loopholes that allow traders to do what he did.

He clearly broke the law, but what's hard to credit is that he was responsible for the flash crash. Seems more likely he was the most inept at covering his tracks and has no decent legal team to fend off the regulators. Of course, the focus on this small fry also lays a smokescreen over the activities of the bigger fish and allows them to tell new clients not to worry, it was just an isolated and bitter rogue individual.

The financial markets have to be dependable and transparent or else people will simply take their money out and the whole thing decays. Regulators should look to their own failings that set up the 2008 crash to realise how crucial their role is to global well-being.

The most ridiculous thing is that he is being charged with profiting by buying at low prices during the crash. So one of the few people who had the balls to stand in front of the train and buy is being attacked.

The US is an absolute joke of a country.

They say he spoofed with 289 lots. Are they having a laugh?? ES depth is 1000s deep and they expect us to believe that flashing a couple hundred here and there moves the market?

I see 1000s spoofed every day but hey, let's not catch the actual criminals.

The CME has said that Nav was not involved in the crash
https://twitter.com/jamesrquinn/status/590969371503255552

Last edited:
It has strong echos of the Gary Mckinnon case, Mr Asperger's Syndrome.

All that money saved up (allegedly) and for what? He doesn't appear to have spent a penny, like it's all some sort of game.

If anything he took a lot of money off of the real HFT bandits and US is here to 'protect' their constituents' interests.

Reactions: 2be
I agree with almost all that's been said, above. I'm also concerned about America trying to extradite people who haven't even been there, and charging British citizens under their (sometimes ultra-complicated, sometimes idiosyncratic) legislation. After all the recent discussions here about the "European arrest warrant", and our own parliamentary shambles over that issue, I can't help wondering what Nigel Farage would say about this case (perhaps especially given his trading background, and so on), and I strongly suspect that I'd be on his side, too, about this one.

I agree with almost all that's been said, above. I'm also concerned about America trying to extradite people who haven't even been there, and charging British citizens under their (sometimes ultra-complicated, sometimes idiosyncratic) legislation.

I read he (or his company) was a member of the CME, and he paid $450K for the privilege.
If so he not some random UK citizen placing a few trades over the internet.
His membership would mean he has strong legal ties and obligations to the US with regards to his trading on the CME.
Not like the Gary Mckinnon case at all.

Last edited:
I read he (or his company) was a member of the CME, and he paid $450K for the privilege.
If so he not some random UK citizen placing a few trades over the internet.
His membership means he has strong legal ties and obligations to the US with regards to his trading.
Not like the Gary Mckinnon case at all.

interesting, I am sure lots of facts will come out eventually and truth will be prevailed.

There must be something which we may not know as well.

Initial media report did not sound like solid and strong logical ground for such a high profile case...

He has been awarded the nickname " The hound of hounslow" bet jordan belfort is not happy getting his nose pushed out.

While he may be one of the biggest individual traders out there he is nothing compared to institutions and anyone that believes he is running an HFT algo out of a house in Hounslow needs their head examined.

If CME didn't like his spoofing they should have revoked his membership. What is happening is absolutely ridiculous and it's very annoying that the UK panders to the US with crap like this. Try extraditing a US national for anything. Never gonna happen.

If anything his algo is taking advantage of the front running HFT mongers who are not being blamed for anything.

Last edited:
The guy is a hero, took on Wall Street guys and proved a match to their own, but much bigger manipulations. Just for an example, could anybody give an answer why there are so many "exchanges" in the Anglo-Saxon world, without which it would be much harder to front run big transactions. Who has promoted it and whose "business" is thus well protected.
How this guy was able to do it from his parents house, far removed from exchange/s and certainly not having any access to the fast internet connections with a billion USD price tag for several month's rental.
Obviously he is a threat to well establish business of ripping off the unaware.
Apart from being a hero he also must be a genius!!!!
If he is such a threat, and a criminal, who and were are his victims.
Hope he will receive a worthy recognition at least by drawing attention as how easily markets are manipulated, it is reported that he gained $40ml, can anybody tell us what was the last year's bonus of the chief cook of Greek national accounting before they (unfortunately for everybody) joined Euro?:LOL::LOL::LOL:
I remember at the time of that crash, the "explanation" afforded by the wise and in charge was that it has been caused by a trader that pressed a wrong key by mistake :LOL::LOL::LOL:
What is by far much more disturbing is the fact that majority of "private pensions" are directly linked to such un-"stable" environment.
Whenever there is a crash, there are losers and gainers, in greater measure pensioners are hardly included in the wining camp, but that is not the case with the mangers of pension and hedge funds, even poorly managed ones.
Have lots of fun, but remember the poor guy,
2be

Last edited:
I don't think that it has occurred to many posters that there could be an English villain in this scenario.

I know that it goes against the grain, but don't let it get you down. :)

Can you just imagine if this "retail trader" had been a member on this site in 2010:LOL:

You can imagine the conversation - especially with T2W's own "hit squad"

ie

Hound of HOUNSLOW - I have had a good day today - over half a million pounds after that latest flash crash

T2w member - LOL

Another T2w member - ROFLMAO - get back to your demo account noob

Hound of HOUNSLOW - No mate - its on a real account (y)(y)

Loads of T2w disser members - :LOL: Here we go again - Who do you think you are Davey Robinson lol - What a pratt - come off it you can't fool us - go back to your mum and dad and dream on sonny boy:cheesy::LOL::LOL:

Pboiler Boy member - We have got you sussed - you can't fool us saying your the dog's bo88ocks - Hound of Hounslow - you are a joke - you have no cred here - you live in a 3 bed semi with your mum and dad - you can't fool us on T2W - we can smell BS 50 miles away.

Hound of HOUNDSLOW - OKay guys - time for me to go dark - I admit its not quite like this everyday :smart::cool:

Already named you the tiger of Tamworth fxmo for when you bring the dollar to its knees. :LOL: :LOL:

I don't think that it has occurred to many posters that there could be an English villain in this scenario.

I know that it goes against the grain, but don't let it get you down. :)

All day long we stare at spoofing and HFT front running. The message here is that if you're not a politically connected American you are not allowed to succeed in the market.

I haven't actually read the charge so it may be newspaper ignorance - everyone is talking about the dow jones.It would be hilarious if they tried to charge him with manipulating YM considering he trades ES.

Already named you the tiger of Tamworth fxmo for when you bring the dollar to its knees. :LOL: :LOL:

Hi Mike

Lol - its should be "Forexmospherian from Fenny Drayton" - but it does not have quite the same ring to it

Has the Hound from Hounslow paid his £5 million bail fee yet ???

He must have a big bed to keep that lot underneath it lol

I reckon the Hound of Hounslow should be an inspiration to us all! Here we are, sitting in our little private home offices battling against the markets, manipulators etc etc and eventually with enough application we can regularly take money off the system. Forget the yacht – the Hound of Hounslow wouldn't have had room on his parents' front drive anyway.

Just shows what you can do on your own without corporate backup but using your brain instead.

I reckon the Hound of Hounslow should be an inspiration to us all! Here we are, sitting in our little private home offices battling against the markets, manipulators etc etc and eventually with enough application we can regularly take money off the system. Forget the yacht – the Hound of Hounslow wouldn't have had room on his parents' front drive anyway.

Just shows what you can do on your own without corporate backup but using your brain instead.

Yea and then they'll payoff the regulator to have you indicted and thrown in prison for being better than them.

Yea and then they'll payoff the regulator to have you indicted and thrown in prison for being better than them.

Perhaps we should carry on using our brainpower and be just slightly more subtle in our approach than the Hound?