UK resident NASDAQ query

newtoit1

1 0
First off, Hello everyone. I have been on the forums for some time now and the last few weeks have spent reading everything I can find.

I am an aspiring trader interested in long term stocks mainly (1mo -> 1yr). I am not the type who would want to be glued to the screen all day looking for that one opening window, my full time commitments just don't allow it :( I aim to start paper trading in July and if all goes well, go live in January.

I have two questions hope you can help with

1- For a UK resident what is the best way to trade NASDAQ. Are there any reliable (and cheap) brokers out there etc. Are there any technicalities I need to be aware of if I go down this route i.e. tax etc. I am considering signing up with barclaysstockbrokers Investment ISA (recommended by a friend who has been using them for a number of years now), what is your opinion of them?

2- A bit of a silly question this one - From your experience, what is your take on investing in a firm you work for? Although I am more interested in blue chips, I am considering settings aside a tiny portion of my equity for doing this.

Appreciate your help.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock