Tax Help - UK Citizen + US Tax Resident


1 0
Hi there,

I have recently been living in the US for the past 12 years, however my H4 visa expired and have moved back to the UK (citizen). I plan to start trading in January 2017 but I was wondering what type of tax forms would I be filing since I am technically a US tax resident due to the substantial presence test, and am not a UK resident (been here since August). I understand that non residents file a w-8BEN form to be exempt from US tax but I do not fall under that category. I have a TIN number if that is of any help. I'd appreciate any advice on this as I've found it difficult to find any information on it and if you've had a similar experience I'd like to hear about it!


- Raman
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock