UK Politics

Climate Change protests should erupt in the US to be any use as the US is the 2nd biggest polluter.

Last edited:
Social media manipulation by unqualified, unverified, unvetted, partisan groups like this are a real danger, question in my mind is how we should approach this whole problem? Do we need cross society consensus for decisions made by tech platforms in the future, who would lead such a group?

Strange how truth publishers such as Assange are punished when these kind of groups are left to die a quiet death.

Anybody watch this movie part fact part fiction. Sort of looking back from 2055 to where we are today?

Really good imo. Love the bit about capitalism and consumerism. So true and on the nail.

Last edited:
PC no longer equates to Political Correctness, but to Political Cowardice, and who is leading the charge, MSM of course.

Social media manipulation by unqualified, unverified, unvetted, partisan groups like this are a real danger, question in my mind is how we should approach this whole problem? Do we need cross society consensus for decisions made by tech platforms in the future, who would lead such a group?

Strange how truth publishers such as Assange are punished when these kind of groups are left to die a quiet death.

Hope not Hate, the British equivalent

Terrorists and other dangerous lunatics just love the BBC and other news outlets glorifying their atrocities with full media coverage.
There is a constant drip by drip news feed of 95% BAD NEWS.
Why not a good news channel ? There would be a lot less depressed or indifferent people around.
Apparently the old Communist iron curtain has been replaced by a populist belt of new regimes in Eastern Europe driven by the news.
Not sure which is worse.

Here's some good news for the intersectionalists, fodder for their pseudo science professors to teach and young minds to learn 🤪😵

either women of Glasgow hit the streets in protest and be called nazi's or they quietly disappear from public sport.

Why not have a trans only session, why encroach on female privilege? but that would introduce divisiveness wouldn't it? What do the professors say about it?

Last edited:
Unusual to see a BBC man waking from his slumber 🧐

Jon Sopel

@BBCJonSopel

A genuine question - why are Labour leader, Lib Dem leader and Speaker boycotting state banquet for @realDonaldTrump, with US our closest ally - when they attended the one for President Xi - who comes from a country without elections, freedom of expression or basic human rights

Jon Sopel
@BBCJonSopel

A genuine question - why are Labour leader, Lib Dem leader and Speaker boycotting state banquet for @realDonaldTrump, with US our closest ally - when they attended the one for President Xi - who comes from a country without elections, freedom of expression or basic human rights
Because of Dump's attitude and opinions that affect us. His ignorant opinion on climate change
is a direct and unnecessary threat to the whole planet.

Jon Sopel
@BBCJonSopel

I wouldn't attend the dinner with Trump either based on simply the fact that I don't like the man personally, as I see him as a big ugly bully. Anyone who works for him ends up being screwed one way or another.

An analysis by USA Today published in June 2016 found that over the previous three decades, United States president Donald Trump and his businesses have been involved in 3,500 legal cases in U.S. federal courts and state court, an unprecedented number for a U.S. presidential candidate.[1] Of the 3,500 suits, Trump or one of his companies were plaintiffs in 1,900; defendants in 1,450; and bankruptcy, third party, or other in 150.[1] Trump was named in at least 169 suits in federal court.[2] Over 150 other cases were in the Seventeenth Judicial Circuit Court of Florida (covering Broward County, Florida) since 1983.[3] In about 500 cases, judges dismissed plaintiffs' claims against Trump. In hundreds more, cases ended with the available public record unclear about the resolution.[1] Where there was a clear resolution, Trump won 451 times, and lost 38.[4]

The topics of the legal cases include contract disputes, defamation claims, and allegations of sexual harassment. Trump's companies have been involved in more than 100 tax disputes, and on "at least three dozen" occasions the New York State Department of Taxation and Finance has obtained tax liens against Trump properties for nonpayment of taxes.[1] On a number of occasions, Trump has threatened legal action but did not ultimately follow through.
[5]

However, if I am representing government, my party and working on my politics then obviously attend as these are simply modes of operandi. Even mafia bosses whilst butchering each other on the streets, will calmly sit round an exotic table of fruits and eat pistachio nuts to discuss business.

All people need work life balance and the ability to tell them apart imo.

I wouldn't attend the dinner with Trump either based on simply the fact that I don't like the man personally, as I see him as a big ugly bully. Anyone who works for him ends up being screwed one way or another.

An analysis by USA Today published in June 2016 found that over the previous three decades, United States president Donald Trump and his businesses have been involved in 3,500 legal cases in U.S. federal courts and state court, an unprecedented number for a U.S. presidential candidate.[1] Of the 3,500 suits, Trump or one of his companies were plaintiffs in 1,900; defendants in 1,450; and bankruptcy, third party, or other in 150.[1] Trump was named in at least 169 suits in federal court.[2] Over 150 other cases were in the Seventeenth Judicial Circuit Court of Florida (covering Broward County, Florida) since 1983.[3] In about 500 cases, judges dismissed plaintiffs' claims against Trump. In hundreds more, cases ended with the available public record unclear about the resolution.[1] Where there was a clear resolution, Trump won 451 times, and lost 38.[4]

The topics of the legal cases include contract disputes, defamation claims, and allegations of sexual harassment. Trump's companies have been involved in more than 100 tax disputes, and on "at least three dozen" occasions the New York State Department of Taxation and Finance has obtained tax liens against Trump properties for nonpayment of taxes.[1] On a number of occasions, Trump has threatened legal action but did not ultimately follow through.
[5]

However, if I am representing government, my party and working on my politics then obviously attend as these are simply modes of operandi. Even mafia bosses whilst butchering each other on the streets, will calmly sit round an exotic table of fruits and eat pistachio nuts to discuss business.

All people need work life balance and the ability to tell them apart imo.

Your party (presumably LibDems) wants nothing to do with Trump, so if you were a politician and were invited to the dinner and presumably you would be representing the Libdems, would you put personal feelings before your country as your leadership would wish you to do so, or would you attend representing your country but at the betrayal of your party?

It's so childish for politicians to be operating in this way against Trump, but will happily host the Saudi or Chinese leadership with actual track records of human rights abuses and intolerance. Labour is THE most case in point and vocal supporter of this approach. On what basis does Corbyn, a known terrorist sympathiser, carry this view and why would his supporters take this view.

There's no problem opposing Trump but why single him out and not others?

Some wit once noted that " the scum floats to the top "
Politics too it seems. The moderates are drowned out by the noise.