UK Politics

How long will it be before Britain resorts to Trump tariffs on cars etc. ?

Wots happened to free trade with the rest of the World?

My take was that only tariffs on EU would be applied!

Ref you watching this. Wish we had VAR for what peeps say and do. :)

What do you mean good National sense?

Why ever enter any bilateral agreement? Any agreement surely has some extra benefit that is derived from that agreement which is not otherwise available as a nation being on her own?

If benefit/s can be gained by any nation forging an agreement with one other country, then by virtue of pure logic be also available between three nations!

Etc etc etc.,

It is immaterial whether membership to a body is comprised of 2 or 27 parts if rules are adhered to and followed by others.

Issue then becomes when a nation within it self can not agree to the benefits derived from that membership.

There you have Brexit.

Common sense is it not?

Why ever enter any bilateral agreement? Any agreement surely has some extra benefit that is derived from that agreement which is not otherwise available as a nation being on her own?

If benefit/s can be gained by any nation forging an agreement with one other country, then by virtue of pure logic be also available between three nations!

Etc etc etc.,

It is immaterial whether membership to a body is comprised of 2 or 27 parts if rules are adhered to and followed by others.

Issue then becomes when a nation within it self can not agree to the benefits derived from that membership.

There you have Brexit.

Common sense is it not?

That's the rub isn't it? Just look at the UN. European Army probably ok for political posturing but not much else. You've only got to look at the Europeans' history in NATO to know what to expect.

Etc etc etc.,

There you have Brexit.

Common sense is it not?

I thought we were discussing defence!

That's the rub isn't it? Just look at the UN. European Army probably ok for political posturing but not much else. You've only got to look at the Europeans' history in NATO to know what to expect.

I think you are referring to our politicians playing to the stand rather than nations interest.

Argument and logic remains the same. (y)

I thought we were discussing national interest and what makes good sense.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/opinio...waste-of-cash/
That's why EU joint army makes good financial and national sense

OK, the context of my question was based on your response to the Sun article. Why does an EU joint army make good national sense?

Surely signing away UK command and control structures to a 3rd party does not make national sense? Especially when the benefits of such an agreement have not been discussed nor debated upon.

OK, the context of my question was based on your response to the Sun article. Why does an EU joint army make good national sense?

Surely signing away UK command and control structures to a 3rd party does not make national sense? Especially when the benefits of such an agreement have not been discussed nor debated upon.

Reads like Daily Trash preloaded headline grabber to do your thinking for you. That's news or brain washing, difficult to say?

http://ec.europa.eu/epsc/publications/strategic-notes/defence-europe_en

Oh you intellectual elites, so clever, yet so dim. Why can you never answer a question with a good old honest, considered reply?

Meanwhile: https://www.bbc.com/news/business-44649959

Cheers SC, not many would refer to me as elite or do I perceive my self as one.

My reply was honest though. I don't know what you were expecting, asking someone who is happy living in the UK as part of EU with global freedoms and super standards and human rights.

Together we are stronger in the union. :)

Cheers SC, not many would refer to me as elite or do I perceive my self as one.

My reply was honest though. I don't know what you were expecting, asking someone who is happy living in the UK as part of EU with global freedoms and super standards and human rights.

Together we are stronger in the union. :)

I wasn't expecting anything but a discussion ref your statement, to call me frank. But I see that you're not really interested in engaging, which is fine, I understand ;)

I'll say no more.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/world-cup-...ng-on-belgium-when-they-play-england-tonight/

Not at all matey. :LOL:

You take up your daily trash news and preloaded headline grabbing tosh with Jeremy's man in Brussels. [emoji106]

I've given you my opinion. [emoji106]

What? You don’t trust the MSM anymore? Welcome to the other side [emoji1360]