UK Politics

Have to give credit to May she has courage. She fights on against the odds.

Her party speech ticked quite a lot of right wing boxes too.

The Tories are all talk and no action, just for the votes, but people don’t learn and just blindly follow the lead robot.

Stubborn, no vision, doesn't know how to game-change, domineering, autocratic, bereft of ideas, can't read the electorate, never delivers, deceitful, doesn't know when the game's up. Apart from that she's pretty average. (n)

Yeah but she can dance... :clap::clap::clap:

Stubborn, no vision, doesn't know how to game-change, domineering, autocratic, bereft of ideas, can't read the electorate, never delivers, deceitful, doesn't know when the game's up. Apart from that she's pretty average. (n)

She is a globalist stooge, one of the many running Western corporatocracy’s, and every corporatocracy has a deep state controlling it.

Nhs

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...f-health-index-hong-kong-and-singapore-at-top

I see that we now rank 35th in world healthcare systems (and the USA is even lower) – worse than Algeria, Mexico, Costa Rica and China. Envy of the of the world? – only in the eyes of deluded vote-seeking politicians.

It seems we are now a nation of obese and unhealthy people with an inadequate healthcare system (don't get me started on why it's that way). 5th richest nation in the world – so much for the benefits! Years ago people suffered with lack of food now it's the opposite. Crazy world isn't it?

All is not doom and gloom. We did win the Test match last summer.

:clap:

I see that extensions of Brexit may well happen.

This is May's fudge to stay in parts of the EU until they get sensible imho.

As far as I know Commissioners are not elected so they may be there for a long time to come.

I see crime is flourishing and police numbers are down in the UK.
Might have to bring back tougher penalties or something.

I see crime is flourishing and police numbers are down in the UK.
Might have to bring back tougher penalties or something.

Tougher penalties doesn't fix crime. Makes them worse.

Look at the state of prisons in the private sector. I'm sure some people thought that was a good cost cutting exercise at one point or other.

Private sector always privatises profits and externalises costs.

Reduce, nurse, teacher, police, ambulance, doctor numbers and then talk about how fantastic the private sector is coz social sector never works.

Much like trying to maintain a leaky dam with your fingers and toes. See how far you can stretch ;)

Tougher penalties doesn't fix crime.......

Agree on this. A criminal who knows he faces a 1 year jail sentence won't be deterred from criminality if the sentence is suddenly increased to 2 years or 3 years. Increasing it to 15 years might deter him from that type of crime but he will just turn to another "trade" that carries a lower tariff. Which might actually increase crime numbers and risk to the public.

Fear of getting caught is the real crime deterrent, so proximity of police patrols is a key factor. And I don't just mean caught while at or fleeing an incident, so investigation and criminal targeting need a much higher investment.

Agree on this. A criminal who knows he faces a 1 year jail sentence won't be deterred from criminality if the sentence is suddenly increased to 2 years or 3 years. Increasing it to 15 years might deter him from that type of crime but he will just turn to another "trade" that carries a lower tariff. Which might actually increase crime numbers and risk to the public.

Fear of getting caught is the real crime deterrent, so proximity of police patrols is a key factor. And I don't just mean caught while at or fleeing an incident, so investigation and criminal targeting need a much higher investment.

Years ago a neighbour and I caught a young guy who had broken into his house. Talking to him while waiting for the police to arrive the most disturbing thing was that it was clear that he had no conscience that he was doing anything wrong. Paraphrasing it as “you’re rich and have it, I’m poor and need it and you’re insured.” This wasn’t a front on his part and unless you can improve “self policing” via a good sense of right and wrong deterrent doesn’t get far.

Years ago a neighbour and I caught a young guy who had broken into his house. Talking to him while waiting for the police to arrive the most disturbing thing was that it was clear that he had no conscience that he was doing anything wrong. Paraphrasing it as “you’re rich and have it, I’m poor and need it and you’re insured.” This wasn’t a front on his part and unless you can improve “self policing” via a good sense of right and wrong deterrent doesn’t get far.

Yes, but how?