UK MetaStock User Group

I use Metastock and have done for around 3 years..No way am I expert but am spending a lot of time at the moment using Metastock along with ICE2, and Trendsignal (both MS plugins).
I am using this software for EOD trading systems, short/medium term swing trading.

I am already a member of the "Equis metastock user group" and the "Icers" (ICE2 user group nothing to do with cake decorating) and would be very interest in a UK based group.

Onassis said:
I have tried to get Metaload 4 to work which supposes to transfer EOD straight into Metastock from InvestoreEase. Two weeks of struggle plus a talk with IE produced nothing.

........................................................................................
I want to set up a file system in Metastock that has say a folder title UK, then subfolders of FTSE100, FTSE 350 - 100, AIM, Techmark.
I then want to pour in data from InvestorEase EOD data into the above folders..

I

:
hi Colin
A silly question i am sure but Metastock and Metaload will not set up data files. You either buy them in from a data provider or set the files up yourself. So When you are trying to update from Investorease have you the datafiles there already? Presumably with relatively up-to-date data?

If you have not got the files, try Bob Debman at Trendline - Ive got his number somewhere if you need it. he will send you a CD. There will be a charge - around £25 I think.

Metaload must know where your Metastock files are. Click on Configure, then Updating then "Select Metastock folders to update". It will then search for the correct files. I actually have two sets with one as a backup on a second hard disk and it does both sets of files.

Then make sure that Investorease knows that you are using Metaload - in the "Metastock/AIQ" tab in the setup page. Investorease will then automatically start Metaload when it's finished it's own update. It will update the Metastock files with however many days you have downloaded with Investorease - usually one but could be more. This data can also be got from the Investorease web site.

HTH

Onassis

There is a package also by Sentinel called Metatools which was very good for data maintenence....this used to group securities in sectors etc....and left a very good audit trail..this now no longer works as it use to...I think the link to FT has been cancelled by FT....

But it is possible to export FTSE 100, 250, Techmark etc from Shrescope and then bring into MS data - in the same format i.e FTSE100, 250 etc....after that it is export ALL data from sharescope and update....via Metaload...All folders under MS data will update..

Sharescope works better than Iease in the sense that you get a spreadsheet format to look at data...I used to use iease but ditched that in favour of Sharescope...

A monthly maintenence using Downloader would bring the data and securities up to date in your MS folder...

regards

Uk Data

Tx Peter and Zambuck for your comments and suggestions
Will post when I have it all setup
regards Colin

Hello,

I am looking for a metastock formula for stocks who have been in a short term trading range
near the day high or day low.
Talking about a range of about 2 hours.
Could anyone help with this?

hi my name is henry and i've been a registered metastock user for over 10 years!