UK MetaStock User Group

Sharky

Admin
5,640 432
Looking through the MetaStock website I noticed there's currently no User Group currently set up in the UK: http://www.equis.com/Education/UserGroups.aspx?uglocid=2

I made enquiries with MetaStock and received an email from the User Group Co-ordinator who said that to become a user group leader they generally require the group leader to have used MetaStock for a number of years.

Although I've not used it myself I'm very keen to give the full backing of T2W to initiatives like this which help support users. So if anyone who does have the necessary experience and would be interested in getting involved in setting up something in the UK, then please email me at [email protected].

I'd like to eventually extend this support to not just MetaStock but all the leading software packages - it just happens that MetaStock already have an initiative set up.

Paul.

zambuck

Experienced member
1,608 102
This is a very good idea...you are right that there is no user group here at all...there was one set up somewhere in midland and nothing happended after that..

One reason perhaps why there was not any group set up was because there are many user groups on web where some really good discussion take place - on global scale....

See link below....

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Metastockusers/messages

this is just one of them...

My choice for someone with probably best experience would be Uncle...and I have some limited - 3 years experience with the package EOD version...I would be happy to help although because of my business and other activities it would be limited...

I am based in Middx and not far from your address so if you would like to meet one evening then please call me on 01895 271202..office no..and will discus it over a pint or curry in north harrow

Sharky

Admin
5,640 432
Thanks Zambuck,

You're just down the road then! I had a look at the Trader Locator but didn't see you listed on there.

I'll drop Uncle an email in case he doesn't read this and find out if he'd be up for organsing something.

And a pint AND curry sounds like a most excellent idea. Will be in touch!

Cheers,
Paul.

zambuck

Experienced member
1,608 102
Paul

Thanks for the message...I have registered on trader locater now...

so many things i don't know about this site...slowly getting around it..

Have sent you an e mail today

Yes beers and curry would be excellent idea...know few curry house owners for that special one...if you know ehat i mean..

Uncle would be the best choice and i hope with his vast experience he would be willing to participate on this User group site of Metastock

Hope to hear from you soon

Uncle

Established member
671 2
Well done Zambuck.......but believe me, I may not be the whiz kid thou might believe me to be!!!!!

It would of course be interesting to know how many members of T2W use Metastock, or considering doing so.

Meanwhile thought is being given to the suggestion, and I have written to Sharky by email accordingly.

John.

zambuck

Experienced member
1,608 102
.....Sorry to drop you in it Uncle...I have also sent Sharkey an e mail and hope to meet him next week to discuss further...

Perhaps a survey could be set up to see who uses what amongst 3000 odd users of this site?

esiotrot

157 0
hi all
Yes a survey might prove very interesting.
Prior to that you can put me down as a Metastock enthusiast. While by no means an expert I have been using MS EOD for around 5 years.

As all things you become expert in some uses of an application like MS but never use other applications. I look forward to this User Group on T2W.

Skimbleshanks

2,325 16
I have Metastock EOD and dabble with it occasionally. I'm now getting a little irked by some of the very basic functions of TC2000 (such as not being able to remove one trendline without have to remove the lot), so perhaps I should spend more time getting to grips with Metastock.

The Baptist

Established member
715 45
User group MS 8.01

Hi

I would really appreciate the user group idea. Did this idea progress at all?

TB

zambuck

Experienced member
1,608 102
Skimbleshanks said:
I have Metastock EOD and dabble with it occasionally. I'm now getting a little irked by some of the very basic functions of TC2000 (such as not being able to remove one trendline without have to remove the lot), so perhaps I should spend more time getting to grips with Metastock.

......if you have been using it then what are your observations about the package..????...plusses and minusses in your opinion...???

zambuck

Experienced member
1,608 102
Re: User group MS 8.01

The Baptist said:
Hi

I would really appreciate the user group idea. Did this idea progress at all?

TB

I hope it does....I met Sharkie some time back and over beers and curries we did discuss the metastock issue...but no concrete outcome then...

Perhaps another session of curry and beers is required at Ruby M's in Harrow....Sharkie???

regards

Sharky

Admin
5,640 432
Certainly would love to zambuck, although my moving up to Ilkley, West Yorkshire doesn't help matters. With regards the User Group for MS, I'd be happy to do whatever is necessary to help get it off the ground - and have it hosted in some way through this site or else help set up mailing lists or the like. As you can imagine I'm pretty busy at the moment, so if anyone can take the lead I'll be more than willing to provide feedback and suggestions.

zambuck

Experienced member
1,608 102
zambuck said:

......if you have been using it then what are your observations about the package..????...plusses and minusses in your opinion...???

Hi skimbleshanks...would be grateful for your observation if you have been using the package.....

regards

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock