UK house prices

Yeah a little too much red mate. You look like you are on a war path to Argentina... :cheesy:

you cheeky bu99er you :LOL: :LOL:

and regarding the gringos,
the word ALIEN.....God Bless America......No wonder they are loved all around the world :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

No not the French please. Spain, Portugal or Italy for mei...:cheesy:

One of my friends at work Ben is from New Zealand. On his desktop he has this beautiful piece of land over looking the sea. He told me he owns it. Massive amount of land with a beach sea view.

I asked him what are you doing here then?

He said working to get money to build on it... :LOL:

Hmmm...

Thats the beauty of trading... You can live in these beautiful countries but still earn and 'English' wage!

you cheeky bu99er you :LOL: :LOL:

and regarding the gringos,
the word ALIEN.....God Bless America......No wonder they are loved all around the world :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

That's why all the UFO's go on holiday there. Customery good service and exceeding customer expectations is universal not just earth based.

God bless America but I like to make an exception for Bush and his cronies... :cheesy:

Also, the Alien check in counter helps with their travel plans... :LOL:

Has anybody ever wondered why UFOs are only visit America and no other place on earth. I mean what is wrong with Devon or Cornwall? :rolleyes:

I flew! I'm a wasp remember! :cheesy:

Wow. Good on you Wasp. The great escape eh?

I really would like to see New Zealand. Really would. Mrs & I talk about it sometimes but first we have to ditch the kids. Maybe few more years to go.

I'm off to Zzz's now. NN all.

I'm a pom mate, emigrated at the start of the year. To NZ.

What do you do for a living mate (pro trader haha?)? I would contemplate emigrating but there aren't the earnng oppourtunities over there ( hence all the ozzies, kiwis and safas in London)

I know the living costs are lower and if you have wedge of £ you have a bit more buying power but what about the earning for the long game and retirement?

What do you do for a living mate (pro trader haha?)? I would contemplate emigrating but there aren't the earnng oppourtunities over there ( hence all the ozzies, kiwis and safas in London)

I know the living costs are lower and if you have wedge of £ you have a bit more buying power but what about the earning for the long game and retirement?

My main income is trading so I still earn the same as what I earnt in the UK.

End of the property bull run?

When is the housing market going to collapse? I am getting a little resentful of greedy property developers, and the irrational exuberance which infects buyers. The average house is unaffordable for the average working family, and something ought to change. I'm pro free market, and I must confess a reader of the Daily Telegraph, and I would like to think I understand the markets enough to know that house prices won't just revert to a reasonable amount because people are getting squeezed, but I think this property bubble has gone too far from a purely economic view.

We will have interest rates of 6% by the end of the year. Look at short sterling, consider the level of consumer debt, the US sub-prime crisis, etc. This market is coming off, sooner rather than later. Hopefully we will see some return to sense, but not before many hard working families get properly squeezed by the banks, 1980s style.

I am somewhat galled by an experience this week involving a friend of a friend. Suffice to say this person has been trying to sell a flat for over a year, and is now deciding to offer fixed price almost £100k over the highest bid received so far. This bid was received over a year ago, back when interest rates were at 4-something. Utterly ridiculous - greed and a refusal to listen to the market. "But my flat keeps increasing in value, it is a good investment...I know what it is worth....etc" Each subsequent bid has been much lower, with potential buyers going so far as to attempt to renegotiate fixed price downwards by almost six figures. Almost reminds me of the folk who bought tech stock in late 2000, saying "it can't go lower". Utterly sickening. End of rant.

I try to leave politics out of trading discussions, but I have to agree with Atilla. Cameron is fast becoming a joke, the Tories are once again appearing to be irrelevant, and intra-party squabbles and whispers of rebellion don't help. Gordon Brown has expertly distanced himself from the failures of the Labour government, while appearing proactive, focussed, and genuinely concerned with the plight of the average British family. Spin at its worst, yes, but he almost appears a better choice than Cameron, much as it galls me to admit it. I see the Tories didn't listen hard enough to Michael Howard when he warned them they must unite firmly behind a new leader, whoever he may be. More backstabbling only hurts the party further.

Also, why aren't the Tories offering to reinstate MIRAS? That would help quite a few people in this market, although I suppose it could keep the prices artificially high even longer.

Thoughts? Am I just an eternal pessimistic bear, or are we in for a housing crash?

"Am I just an eternal pessimistic bear, or are we in for a housing crash?".....yes and who knows.
I find it strange that people decide to put there money in ,keep it in ,or take it out because they have a belief that something may happen in the future...I've never had that crystal ball myself. All I know is if yields from an asset are twice the cost of risk free money or better I'll have some...if yields are on a par, and or less than risk free money I'll take the risk free money...if yields are good enough you can bet they have been overlooked and will eventually lead to capital gains...the capital gains rather than yields will then attract the 'stupid money' which destroys the yields completely and provides someone to sell to....so as mankind been behaving since Adam doffed his fig leaf and I don't think they are about to stop anytime soon.

"Am I just an eternal pessimistic bear, or are we in for a housing crash?".....yes and who knows.
I find it strange that people decide to put there money in ,keep it in ,or take it out because they have a belief that something may happen in the future...I've never had that crystal ball myself. All I know is if yields from an asset are twice the cost of risk free money or better I'll have some...if yields are on a par, and or less than risk free money I'll take the risk free money...if yields are good enough you can bet they have been overlooked and will eventually lead to capital gains...the capital gains rather than yields will then attract the 'stupid money' which destroys the yields completely and provides someone to sell to....so as mankind been behaving since Adam doffed his fig leaf and I don't think they are about to stop anytime soon.

Yes, the problems all started when the stupid money came along! The stupid money who lifted bids...the stupid money who now offer 20% over intrinsic value. It will be interesting to see what happens medium term. House prices are still increasing - I will be quite happy the month that a 0.1% reduction is reported. Something tells me that won't be as soon as I would like, and the BoE will most likely hold rates at 5.75% on Thursday. That view won't stop me selling as much Z as I can carry if rates go up though!

.....there have been hunderds before Alan who have predicted gloom and doom in property market.....

....this credit crunch is a blip and will pass as Central Banks of affected countries will have NO CHOICE but to bail out the ones in trouble because without that Government assurance there will be mass panic and financial disaster....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7000035.stm

NINJA Mortgages

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtml?xml=/money/2007/10/03/cnspain103.xml

That small sound was the first dominoe hitting the deck. Some of the comments in that link are better comedy than you can find on the TV..."Moody's rates an outside chance" etc...LOL...Moodys couldn't tie it's shoelaces without an instruction booklet ..nevermind I'm sure the other chaps 'family solidarity' will step up to the mark...LOL.

Any body heard of Ninja Mortgages...

What next ? :eek:

No Income, No Job, No Assets! Dole bludgers in expensive houses with big televisions and fast cars. Buy Now, Taxpayer Pays Later!

I am really resentful of the moral hazard created by the government bailing out the reckless speculators at the Rock. Now we have a situation where bankers can gamble half the customer deposits on risky trades - if they win, they are a hero and get an 8 figure bonus - if they lose, the taxpayer can bail them out.

No Income, No Job, No Assets! Dole bludgers in expensive houses with big televisions and fast cars. Buy Now, Taxpayer Pays Later!

I am really resentful of the moral hazard created by the government bailing out the reckless speculators at the Rock. Now we have a situation where bankers can gamble half the customer deposits on risky trades - if they win, they are a hero and get an 8 figure bonus - if they lose, the taxpayer can bail them out.

True.

I can't wait for the brewing housing market crash, when they decide to well & truly pull the plug, and houses are available at rock bottom prices :devilish: ;) :!:

So when will the time to buy be?

Most probably when there are NO property shows on TV. This is a key that I'll be looking for.

Also, beware of the inflation effect because it might happen, ie house prices rise but fall in real terms.