Turbo Morning Trade EA

..on live account, might shut it down till next week again

In my opinion, the first two weeks of January are for back testing the system. I plan to trade with the TMT EA on January 17th. If I get up early enough, I may trade manually next week.

I'm on demo and so far have been getting BE+pips 5 on Dec. 30th, Jan 4 and Jan 5.

Was it your 5:45-6:15 LST start that enabled you to dodge the bullet? If so, I'll seriously backtest your settings. When I backtested 27 vs 30 TP from Jan. 1, 2009 at 6:30, 30 outperformed 27 on the profit strategies I tested. Though I realize their are so many PT combos, I think I will be backtesting this forever. Wish there was a mechanical way to optimize the settings.

I also have Breakout Genius and compared the two. BG opens only at 5:45 and it had about 5 less pips (approx) in earnings than Turbo when I was using 6:00 as the opening time. However, this week BG went to full stop loss.

On 12/30 Turbo opened the trade at 6:00 and closed earlier than BG by 15 minutes.
On 1/3 Turbo no trade, BG went to full SL.
1/4 Turbo opened the trade at 6:06 and BE w/pips and again closed earlier than BG. BG went to full SL.
1/5 Turbo opened at 5:50 and BE w/pips and closed earlier than BG. BG went to full SL.
I'm also testing Eur/USD at 6:30 using Turbo and today it BE w/pips.

Has anybody tried setting their stop loss to B/E as opposed to -40? Obviously we will get a lot less trades but in theory you could set your lot size as high as margins will allow so when it does go in your direction the profits will be massive.

a high return, no risk trade - i'll have to try that out alongside the standard set-up.

I also have Breakout Genius and compared the two. BG opens only at 5:45 and it had about 5 less pips (approx) in earnings than Turbo when I was using 6:00 as the opening time. However, this week BG went to full stop loss.

On 12/30 Turbo opened the trade at 6:00 and closed earlier than BG by 15 minutes.
On 1/3 Turbo no trade, BG went to full SL.
1/4 Turbo opened the trade at 6:06 and BE w/pips and again closed earlier than BG. BG went to full SL.
1/5 Turbo opened at 5:50 and BE w/pips and closed earlier than BG. BG went to full SL.
I'm also testing Eur/USD at 6:30 using Turbo and today it BE w/pips.

Don't have BG, but considered BG Pro before Mark upgraded Turbo. Could you recommend BG Pro? Also, BG Pro is supposed to offer other currencies. Could you please update us on any successful EURUSD or other successful sets? I would buy BG or BG Pro if they could profitably trade some of the other majors.

yes, you need to re-download from same page you got the prior TMT from. it may still say version 1.2 on the download page, but it is version 1.3.

Thanks Buddhi. I didn't get an email from Mark...hmmm.

Sandy

OK so I have now thought of 2 ideas.

A) 0 pip (+spread) stop loss for totally loss less trading

or b) A hedge setup with 2 TMT's trading in the opposite directions with 20 pip SL's.

Can somebody backtest these 2 ideas as I can only get 60% modelling quality when i try it on mine.

OK so I have now thought of 2 ideas.

A) 0 pip (+spread) stop loss for totally loss less trading

or b) A hedge setup with 2 TMT's trading in the opposite directions with 20 pip SL's.

Can somebody backtest these 2 ideas as I can only get 60% modeling quality when i try it on mine.

Those could be good ideas.

for A)
there are occasional 15-min candles that do not retrace at all during the day and a zero stop set-up would get risk-free pips. this approach could also be used on other timeframes.

but what settings are you using? i've not yet found settings that give a zero stop (i get an error message for invalid parameters, probably due to stop and entry pip distance).

might also work with a 5-pip stop if the take profit is optimized.

for B)
is there a way to make TMT trade opposite the standard set-up?

At choppy times like these, I draw considerable psychological benefit from using BE+1 or 2 pips. At least I'm taking some money from the market. I know it's not necessarily the best strat but I feel a lot better.

today I have no signal in Alpari UK real... but in other broker yes, This I don´t like...

Perhaps I should configure the settings of CCI to improve the entry signal...

Mine too - confused me though as it splits the trades and the comment loses the 'TMT' bit.

Mine too - confused me though as it splits the trades and the comment loses the 'TMT' bit.

splits the trade because there is a new setting with TURBO MORNING SYSTEM, and sell 50 % or other porcent about the position.