Turbo Morning Trade EA

the same for my...

I think that January will end up with losses.... expected in February to see if it improves

After backtesting TMT many times, it is true that if you trade the EA in December and January, expect big losses.

I got a £1000 account to grow to over £20k just trading between February and November 2010 with 5% risk. I still think there is massive potential with this EA, you just need to know which days to leave the PC switched off!

It's just far to easy (I believe anyway) to get disheartened at a string of losing trades and try to blame the strategy. February to November on TMT = pretty good gains. Happy trading...

After backtesting TMT many times, it is true that if you trade the EA in December and January, expect big losses.

I got a £1000 account to grow to over £20k just trading between February and November 2010 with 5% risk. I still think there is massive potential with this EA, you just need to know which days to leave the PC switched off!

It's just far to easy (I believe anyway) to get disheartened at a string of losing trades and try to blame the strategy. February to November on TMT = pretty good gains. Happy trading...
Could you share your settings, please? Thanks!

I'm thinking of using 2 strategies at the same time one with 7 TP, 40 SL, and the other with 20 TP, 40 SL from 6:15 - 6:30 GMT. Though the 7 TP won't be able to have a protective stop because it's so small. Wondering if this will be effective. Could end up with 2 SL's, or 2 TP's, or 1 TP and 1 SL. Anyone else trying 2 strategies?

Could you share your settings, please? Thanks!

My settings are:

Trading time 0615-0630
SL 18
BE 25
TP1 20 (at 20%)
TP2 35
Exit Strategy 1
MM True
Risk 5%
ADR Filter true
UseMomentumBoundary false

Run these settings through the tester from 1 Feb 2010 to 1 Dec 2010, starting with a £1000 account, you will get over £19000 in profit. On my backtest I have 90% modelling quality with no mismatches.

These are very risk averse settings - you will stop out on a lot of trades, however on any one trade you can profit more than you can lose, so you can afford to have a few more losses. My rationale for these settings is that even if TMT only calls it right 50% of the time, I will still profit. As we all know TMT can get it right 80%, so it's a no brainer really.

Just for interest, if you start with £500 and risk 10%, this settings will net you £127,000 in 10 months! Would this work in reality? I can't say, but for such a small outlay I think it's worth the risk if you have a few quid to play with.

Remember, backtests do not indicate how well the strategy will work in the future, so you may want to hold off on ordering that Ferrari :)

My settings are:

Trading time 0615-0630
SL 18
BE 25
TP1 20 (at 20%)
TP2 35
Exit Strategy 1
MM True
Risk 5%
ADR Filter true
UseMomentumBoundary false

Run these settings through the tester from 1 Feb 2010 to 1 Dec 2010, starting with a £1000 account, you will get over £19000 in profit. On my backtest I have 90% modelling quality with no mismatches.

Where did you get good data? I only have good data through Oct. 19, 2010. Data I get from Alpari US is crap.

Also, can you try these settings with Euro? Using SL 30 and TP 30, I'm showing a small profit, but I don't trust my data. If you have good data, I see that some other London opening EAs are claiming EURUSD profits at 30-30.

My settings don't work with EURUSD, the account gets blown within 6 months!!

I tried it with your settings and it blows the account also...i think it may be the time thats causing this though.

If you want good data, check the link below. You won't go far wrong with this data, gets you 90% quality for the last 10 years! You will need to convert it (as it's M1 data) to M15.

http://www.easyexpertforex.com/backtesting-optimization.html

The Forward test result on EURUSD for Nov 2010 to Dec 2010 is better than GBPUSD. My current settings for EURUSD is 25TP, 40SL and 15BE.

Could someone with good data (Dukascopy?...I can't seem to be able to get this data to work for me) backtest these settings: 06:15-06:30GMT, Entry 1, 25TP, 20SL, 20BE+5, 100%, MM true 5%. I've been getting very interesting results backtesting this from 1-2009 thru present, but I'm using MT4 data and getting a lot of mismatches.:confused:

Could someone with good data (Dukascopy?...I can't seem to be able to get this data to work for me) backtest these settings: 06:15-06:30GMT, Entry 1, 25TP, 20SL, 20BE+5, 100%, MM true 5%. I've been getting very interesting results backtesting this from 1-2009 thru present, but I'm using MT4 data and getting a lot of mismatches.:confused:

I run the History several times for the pair for 1 min, 5 min, and 15 minutes. Then backtest. It there are still mismatches, I run the history again until there are no more mismatches. 90% modeling quality. 0 mismatches.

Backtesting from 10/31/10 to 12/16/10 showed 47% profit with 12 losses. Profit was barely $35, using $1 lots. 1/17/10 to 3/27/10 with 48% profit with 14 losses. Profit was -$34.

I run the History several times for the pair for 1 min, 5 min, and 15 minutes. Then backtest. It there are still mismatches, I run the history again until there are no more mismatches. 90% modeling quality. 0 mismatches.

Backtesting from 10/31/10 to 12/16/10 showed 47% profit with 12 losses. Profit was barely $35, using $1 lots. 1/17/10 to 3/27/10 with 48% profit with 14 losses. Profit was -$34.

MagicPip,

Are you using the UseMomBoundary parameter?I don't know what is default for this one.:rolleyes:

Wow! Much different than what I was getting. Thanks for doing the work.:cool: