TT Toolbox

Ely

As per your second pic, leave it as it is.... un-enabled.

This is the piece of code which is causing your "No Data"

If currenttime - time > 1 then begin {Checks the PC's closck against the time of the last bar printed}
print(Playsound("Sound(0)")); {Plays a Sound alert when data feed has stopped for more than 1 minute}
plot2("NO DATA","Data feed");
end

So as it says, check your PC's clock and also check your start time on the indicator is correct.

As for the ATR, it is not just based on the ATR but calculated slightly differently, unbeknown to us, as it is a gift of Iraj's own work and talent.

Hope this helps

Andy

Andy,

My PC time and the start time on the indicator is correct. I'll continue looking into this and will report back whenever I have it figured out. Thanks for your help.

-E

Andy,

My PC time and the start time on the indicator is correct. I'll continue looking into this and will report back whenever I have it figured out. Thanks for your help.

-E
Ely
Just delete that bit of code and re-validate. You shouldn't need it unless your data feed stops.
Glenn

Thanks Glenn.

Here's a screenshot of the N-Min being partially updated. This was within the first 5 min of market opened.

-E

Attachments

• 1001_A.JPG
    1001_A.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 48
The MISC indicator should be in it's own little radar screen separate from any others.
If the N-Minute isn't updating in higher timeframes then
1. Maybe your data doesn't go back far enough
2. Maybe your CPU is running at 100% - overloaded.
Glenn

The MISC indicator should be in it's own little radar screen separate from any others.
If the N-Minute isn't updating in higher timeframes then
1. Maybe your data doesn't go back far enough
2. Maybe your CPU is running at 100% - overloaded.
Glenn

Thanks Glenn,

CPU is averaging about 20-30%. Data, I'd assume it goes back quite a bit. Tradestation is my source and broker. I'll put the MISC indicator in another radarscreen.

A quick question, how often is N-Min support to be updating at higher timeframes/compression?

-E

Thanks Glenn,

CPU is averaging about 20-30%. Data, I'd assume it goes back quite a bit. Tradestation is my source and broker. I'll put the MISC indicator in another radarscreen.

A quick question, how often is N-Min support to be updating at higher timeframes/compression?

-E

You change the data compression every 14 minutes after the Open.
That's what MISC is for - to tell you what value to change it to.

e.g. 42 minutes after the open MISC will have a value of 3 (= 3 x 14), so change the data compression to 3.

" Data - I'd assume it goes back quite a bit."
Best to go into Globalserver and check.

Glenn

Glenn

Glenn,

I have Misc in the same Radarscreen as Iraj-N Minute change and it updates fine in any time frame that I set it to. I know it was written by you but wondered why you think it should be in a separate screen ?

Paul

Glenn,

I have Misc in the same Radarscreen as Iraj-N Minute change and it updates fine in any time frame that I set it to. I know it was written by you but wondered why you think it should be in a separate screen ?

Paul

Paul
Simply because otherwise it occupies too much space by showing it multiple times. It's just me assuming that not everyone has a lot of screen real-estate and needs to optimise it.

Glenn

Glenn,

Ah that is fine and for a moment I thought you may have had a technical reason.

Paul

" Data - I'd assume it goes back quite a bit."
Best to go into Globalserver and check.

Glenn

Glenn

I'm using TS 8.3, so I'm assuming they have all the data. I have no idea on how to check.

I noticed something weird as I was experimenting with RadarScreen. I tried to do an EMA using "XAverage( Last, 10 )". Everytime I do a verify (just change the code by adding and removing a space to get the verify option), the calculation will reset to the last price and over time, it would slow adjust to a number close to the EMA on the chart.

This is on the 1 minute and the chart displays all the data, I'm not sure why the EMA didn't calculated correctly instantly. I had it plot out the time and closing price of the previous 10 bars, but it still takes a while for it to calculate. The data is there, but it seems like the XAverage function itself only start calculation from the moment it's applied and not look at historical data. Mind-boggling.

-E

I'm using TS 8.3, so I'm assuming they have all the data. I have no idea on how to check.

I noticed something weird as I was experimenting with RadarScreen. I tried to do an EMA using "XAverage( Last, 10 )". Everytime I do a verify (just change the code by adding and removing a space to get the verify option), the calculation will reset to the last price and over time, it would slow adjust to a number close to the EMA on the chart.

This is on the 1 minute and the chart displays all the data, I'm not sure why the EMA didn't calculated correctly instantly. I had it plot out the time and closing price of the previous 10 bars, but it still takes a while for it to calculate. The data is there, but it seems like the XAverage function itself only start calculation from the moment it's applied and not look at historical data. Mind-boggling.

-E

With TS2000, when you use an indicator in radar it does need more bars back than you would mathematically expect.
Perhaps the same applies to TS8.
(Sorry I didn't noticve you were using TS8. Your historical data should be fine. If you can see it on a chart, it's there to be used in Radar.)
Glenn

-E
Ely

I am using TS 8.3 and a tradestation feed and have no problems with any of Glenn/Iraj's code. The only difference between your screenshots and my settings are that I have Update value intrabar ticked on the format indicator for the Iraj N minute change. You did not include a copy of your format indicator settings for the MISC function that contains the Nmin Comp, but again I have the Update value intrabar ticked.

With regard to the question on XAverage, I think there are 2 things to consider. First you are using the "Last" price which is the price of the last completed trade, whereas you will plotting the "Close" price on the chart, which is the closing price of the bar for the specified bar interval.

However I think the real issue is highlighted in these help notes from Easylanguage

"Historical calculations for RadarScreen (Quotes) and OptionStation indicators are performed by loading only the minimum number of bars required. Accumulation or smoothing type indicators such as the Moving Average Exponential Indicator build values based upon the values of previous indicators. Unless you add additional bars of data, the values for these indicators may differ slightly in RadarScreen and OptionStation from those for the same indicator in Chart Analysis.

To ensure that the values of these indicators are consistent between RadarScreen, OptionStation, and Chart Analysis, you can load additional bars of data. To do this, you need to enable the Load additional data for accumulative calculations option on the Format Indicator - General tab. You can then specify the number of additional bars to load so RadarScreen and OptionStation will perform the necessary "bring forward" calculations. The values for these indicators will then match those in Chart Analysis. See Maximum Number of Bars Study Will Reference for more information about historical bar references"

Thus I think you might resolve your issues if you go to the format indicator for your xaverage indicator within radarscreen and set the "Load additional data for accumulative calculations" to at least 10. This will ensure that when it starts calculating afresh it has all the data it requires immediately.

Charlton

Historical calculations for RadarScreen (Quotes) and OptionStation indicators are performed by loading only the minimum number of bars required. Accumulation or smoothing type indicators such as the Moving Average Exponential Indicator build values based upon the values of previous indicators. Unless you add additional bars of data, the values for these indicators may differ slightly in RadarScreen and OptionStation from those for the same indicator in Chart Analysis.

To ensure that the values of these indicators are consistent between RadarScreen, OptionStation, and Chart Analysis, you can load additional bars of data. To do this, you need to enable the Load additional data for accumulative calculations option on the Format Indicator - General tab. You can then specify the number of additional bars to load so RadarScreen and OptionStation will perform the necessary "bring forward" calculations. The values for these indicators will then match those in Chart Analysis. See Maximum Number of Bars Study Will Reference for more information about historical bar references.

thank you so much again, did not realise that was it.

i now have ts8 macci, postion size and n minutes, is there anything else i need to learn greys strategies?

i think i need the data compression too, do u know where i can find this? cheers you have been a great help, truly appreciate it

thank you so much again, did not realise that was it.

i now have ts8 macci, postion size and n minutes, is there anything else i need to learn greys strategies?

Jayjay

You have everything you need for the strategies discussed in the seminars to-date. I also attach a new position size code for TS8 that was created by Glenn and amended by MarkB. This is the one that allows input parameters for portofolio size, which the original pos size code did not, just in case the code you have is not the latest.

Charlton

Attachments

• TS8_SIZE.ELD
    4.4 KB · Views: 36
thanks again. I think im missing the data compression though as grey said i needed it, where can i find please?

In TS8 the data compression is known as the Interval.
However I don't know if you have to set it up in Radar like any other indicator or whether it appears automatically in each new radar screen.

Glenn

ok so interval is the data compression, so best to keep interval then and set to 1 minute to be sure. thanks