TT Toolbox

Macci_ts8

Hi,
Wondered if anybody can help me i am using the MACCI_TS8 but can not get the alarms to operate.On other indicators that are in TS8 i do not have any problems.
Also i would like to have an alarm set for when 10 min macci approaches +80 from oversold and -80 from overbought
I have no knowledge of easy language (will work on this in time) so am a bit stumped any help appreciated.

Regards
Graham

Attachments

• MACCI_TS8.JPG
    MACCI_TS8.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 59
Hi,
Wondered if anybody can help me i am using the MACCI_TS8 but can not get the alarms to operate.On other indicators that are in TS8 i do not have any problems.
Also i would like to have an alarm set for when 10 min macci approaches +80 from oversold and -80 from overbought
I have no knowledge of easy language (will work on this in time) so am a bit stumped any help appreciated.

Regards
Graham

Hi Graham
Without looking deeper, your alert code after Plot3 is currently just a Comment and therefore won't be actioned.
You need to remove the { after {color criteria}, and then the } after Alert( "Indicator exiting overbought zone" ) ;

Then Verify the code i.e. File - Verify

Presumably this code is for use on a chart rather than in a Radar screen (?). I don't use alerts on charts so have no experience to help with that and if there are any differences between ELS code and ELA code in this indicator, again I only know ELS code.
Glenn

Last edited:
Hi,

Regards
Graham

Hi Graham

If I'm understanding you correctly, you want it to alert you IF it's come from an oversold position, if that's the case then give this a try.
It will set up a potential alert if it crosses the zero line and fire off when it hits your target( +80/-80 ), as you can see in the pic below, if it's already hit +80 then drops, but doesn't cross the zero line then comes back to +80 again, you won't get an alert.

You also mentioned "approaches ", as the code requires a cross over figure, you might have to drop your alertlevel down to 70-75 whichever you prefer. Let me know if this is okay.

Cheers

Andy

attachment.php

inputs:
CCiLength( 6),
MaLen(5),
OverBought(100),
Oversold(-100),
AlertLevel(80);

variables: CCIValue( 0 ) ,MACCI(0),permission(0);

CCIValue = CCI( CCiLength ) ;
MACCI = Average(CCIValue,MaLen);

Plot1(MACCI, "MACCi");
Plot2(OverBought,"OverBought");
Plot3(Oversold,"Oversold");
plot4(0,"Zero");
Plot5(+Alertlevel,"Alert");
Plot6(-Alertlevel,"Alert");

If MACCI crosses above 0 then permission = 1;
If MACCI crosses above AlertLevel and permission = 1 then begin
Alert("MACCI Crossed above AlertLevel");
permission = 0;
end;

If MACCI crosses below 0 then permission = -1;
If MACCI crosses below -AlertLevel and permission = -1 then begin
Alert("MACCI Crossed below AlertLevel");
permission = 0;
end;

Attachments

• MACCI_TM.ELD
    4 KB · Views: 59
  • Tileman.png
    Tileman.png
    28 KB · Views: 437
Iraj Macci ELA

Below is the code for use in the 2nd leg of Grey1's webinar.
I trust that he won't object to it being posted here for future users.

Trouble with being at home all day is you end up tidying up after everyone - lol
Glenn

Attachments

• IRAJ MACCI.ELA
    6.5 KB · Views: 95
Just following on from fridays live trading day, I've coded up quick MACCI Direction indicator to show the general direction for the relevant timeframes.

I've only just coded it up so I haven't tried on the live market to see if it's beneficial or not yet, just thought I'd share to see if anyones finds it of value.

Cheers

Andy

attachment.php

and the code

inputs: CCiLength( 6),MaLen(5);

variables: CCIValue( 0 ) ,MACCI(0);

CCIValue = CCI( CCiLength ) ;
MACCI= Average(CCIValue,MaLen);

if MACCI[1] > MACCI[2] then begin
Plot1("/\","PreviousBar",Black);
setplotbgcolor(1,Green);
end;

if MACCI > MACCI[1] then begin
Plot2("/\","CurrentBar",Black);
setplotbgcolor(2,Green);
end;

if MACCI[1] < MACCI[2] then begin
Plot1("\/","PreviousBar",Black);
setplotbgcolor(1,Red);
end;

if MACCI < MACCI[1] then begin
Plot2("\/","CurrentBar",Black);
setplotbgcolor(2,Red);
end;

Plot3(MACCI,"CurrentValue");

Attachments

• Macci Direction.png
    Macci Direction.png
    5.4 KB · Views: 369
  • MACCI DIRECTION.ELD
    3.8 KB · Views: 56
Below is the code for use in the 2nd leg of Grey1's webinar.
I trust that he won't object to it being posted here for future users.

Trouble with being at home all day is you end up tidying up after everyone - lol
Glenn

Glenn

have you noticed any differences in the value of the macci in the coloum compared to that of the macci when you attach it to a chart normally?
when i looked at it today for example their was quite a difference between the value of the macci

Any ideas?

Glenn

have you noticed any differences in the value of the macci in the coloum compared to that of the macci when you attach it to a chart normally?
when i looked at it today for example their was quite a difference between the value of the macci

Any ideas?
Breadman

If you are referring to the Iraj MACCI daily indicator - if you put it into a chart the value shown appears to be the YesClose column on the radar screen. In fact I don't believe that this indicator is designed for a chart, but for the radar screen.

If you use the MACCI_TS8 code in a chart you will find that the value there corresponds with the CCI AVG column in the Iraj MACCI daily indicator.

I personally use the Iraj N minute change in radar screen plus the MACCI_TS8 on the INDU charts.

Charlton

Glenn

Any ideas?

Hi breadman. Sorry I've only just spotted your post. I agree with Charlton.

Glenn

Glenn,

I know in the seminar you were saying to not use the Size indicator that you had written and use the one Iraj provided but I have a question about it anyway if you are willing to answer. The calculation is based on ATR 14 and using a 5 min bar interval. Is there a specific reason why the interval is 5 min or can other settings be used ?

Paul

Glenn,

I know in the seminar you were saying to not use the Size indicator that you had written and use the one Iraj provided but I have a question about it anyway if you are willing to answer. The calculation is based on ATR 14 and using a 5 min bar interval. Is there a specific reason why the interval is 5 min or can other settings be used ?

Paul

Hi Paul
I used Grey's Position Size in the seminar because it wasn't clear what people where using, so an assumption had to be made.
The bar interval for the code I posted and for Grey1's is 10 minutes.
My understanding is that this is related to the 10 minute timeframe Cycle for daytrading. You can use any setting you like really, but bear in mind that you are adjusting the risk because the Position size = the Money Management Stop divided by the ATR.
In the seminar I tried to make the positions size of the three stocks in each traded basket add up to ~ the $120k capital amount (or half or a third of it, according to what you heard Grey1 asking for). To do this there are various ways e.g. adjust the data compression or basket size.
To make it easier the code is being amended so that it displays the capital amount in Radar ( e.g. $20,000 will display as 20) for each Stock next to it's size, so adding up 3 numbers (for a basket of 3) quickly tells you if you're over the capital limit. A couple of the members are kindly beta-testing this (I hope !) to see what they think. If it turns out to be useful it wlll be posted in the toolbox.

Hope this helps
Glenn

Stop Globalserver freezing

After months of suffering with this problem several times a day on a powerful PC I have found a solution, which is to increase the size of the PC's virtual memory paging file.
This allocates more disk space for use as paging memory. Presumably this helps Globalserver and Radar to run better.
Since doing it I have had no freezes !!

Control Panel - System - Advanced Tab - Settings.
On advanced tab Virual Memory click Change
Under Drive (Volume label) select the drive that contains the paging file you want to change.
Under 'Paging file for selected drive', click Custom Size. and type a new paging file size in Megabytes in the Initial Size or Maximum Size box, and then click Set.
If you are increasing the size there will be no need to restart your PC.

Glenn

After months of suffering with this problem several times a day on a powerful PC I have found a solution, which is to increase the size of the PC's virtual memory paging file.
This allocates more disk space for use as paging memory. Presumably this helps Globalserver and Radar to run better.
Since doing it I have had no freezes !!

Control Panel - System - Advanced Tab - Settings.
On advanced tab Virual Memory click Change
Under Drive (Volume label) select the drive that contains the paging file you want to change.
Under 'Paging file for selected drive', click Custom Size. and type a new paging file size in Megabytes in the Initial Size or Maximum Size box, and then click Set.
If you are increasing the size there will be no need to restart your PC.

Glenn

Glen, thanks for the tip I'll try changing my settings. Out of interest what are your physical and virtual sizes that you have found to work.
Thanks
Jonnie

Glen, thanks for the tip I'll try changing my settings. Out of interest what are your physical and virtual sizes that you have found to work.
Thanks
Jonnie

Hi Jonnie

3Gb Ram
Paging allocated 13.5 GB in total spread across 2 80GB drives.
I haven't tried to tune it, I just made it as big as I could within reason, and if it doesn't break I won't fix it :)
At some point I'll upgrade to 64-bit WinXP and add more Ram (the PC has 8 cores) so I can do more processing but it's fine for current use.
Cheers
Glenn

Hi Jonnie

3Gb Ram
Paging allocated 13.5 GB in total spread across 2 80GB drives.
I haven't tried to tune it, I just made it as big as I could within reason, and if it doesn't break I won't fix it :)
At some point I'll upgrade to 64-bit WinXP and add more Ram (the PC has 8 cores) so I can do more processing but it's fine for current use.
Cheers
Glenn

Thanks Glenn. Although I'm now suffering from PC envy cos yours is bigger than mine.

Here is a small Utility indicator which does two jobs in Radar using one symbol e.g. $INDU.

1. Displays the changing Data Compression for the N-Minute Change as the day progresses
(Thanks to Evostick for this idea)
2. Sets off a sound alert if your data feed stops for more than 1 minute. (Hasn't been tested much yet)

Instructions are in comments in the code.

I haven't produced an ELA file for this yet because I need to check the commands.
If anyone wants to do the translation, feel free :)

Ultramarine, PM me if you're interested.

Glenn

I'm not sure where to post this, but using the small utility allowed me to spot an issue with my RadarScreen. I'm going to try to explain the problem as best as I can.

I start off the day using a 1 Min compression in my RadarScreen which contains both N-Min and this compression/datafeed utility. As the day progress, I change the compression to a rounded down whole number indicated by the utility (ie: 10.89 gets a compression of 10). Here's comes the problem. Occasionally, the utility will indicate that I have NO DATA. I will get price updates in RadarScreen, but the Cents and ATR will stop changing in N-Min. The Compression calculation will stop as well. Sometimes changing the compression around for a bit, it'll start updating again, but most of the time, it just stop. In another RadarScreen window, with a lower compression like 1 Min, it would update fine.

I'm wondering if someone can help me out.

Thanks,
-E

I'm not sure where to post this, but using the small utility allowed me to spot an issue with my RadarScreen. I'm going to try to explain the problem as best as I can.

I start off the day using a 1 Min compression in my RadarScreen which contains both N-Min and this compression/datafeed utility. As the day progress, I change the compression to a rounded down whole number indicated by the utility (ie: 10.89 gets a compression of 10). Here's comes the problem. Occasionally, the utility will indicate that I have NO DATA. I will get price updates in RadarScreen, but the Cents and ATR will stop changing in N-Min. The Compression calculation will stop as well. Sometimes changing the compression around for a bit, it'll start updating again, but most of the time, it just stop. In another RadarScreen window, with a lower compression like 1 Min, it would update fine.

I'm wondering if someone can help me out.

Thanks,
-E

Ely

I'm just trying to visualise what you mean, ( if you could post a pic then that would help )

Are you saying that, for example if the data compression is at 10, then it doesn't update at all, or it only updates after 10 minutes. If this was the case, then it's because the indicator is set to not update every tick, but rather every bar interval.

Cheers

Andy

Ely

I'm just trying to visualise what you mean, ( if you could post a pic then that would help )

Are you saying that, for example if the data compression is at 10, then it doesn't update at all, or it only updates after 10 minutes. If this was the case, then it's because the indicator is set to not update every tick, but rather every bar interval.

Cheers

Andy

Andy,

It is hard to explain, but yeah, if the data compression gets really high, it doesn't update for who knows how long. For example, compression at 15 min updates fine, then change it to 19 min and it won't update. Changing it back to 15 min may or may not update.

I noticed a piece of code from Glenn's util that does not seem to be working correctly for me which cause it to show "No Data". I'm in the process of modifying it to see if it'll work.

I've attached three screenshots.

The first shows the Format Page property of RadarScreen. As you can seen, I've enabled update indication to every seconds.

The second image is of the NMin util. I've noticed that there's an Update value intra-bar (tick-by-tick) that I did not enable. I'm wondering if I need to enable that.

The third image is of Glenn's Compression calculation util. It shows that there's no data feed.

Of course, all these images are taken after the market is closed, so they're not all that valid, especially the third one.

On another note, I'm curious as to how the ATR in NMin was calculated. I noticed that Glenn mentioned it was based off of ATR14, but when I tried it, my numbers were different.

-E

Attachments

• 1030_A.JPG
    1030_A.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 46
  • 1030_B.JPG
    1030_B.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 35
  • 1030_C.JPG
    1030_C.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 37
Ely

As per your second pic, leave it as it is.... un-enabled.

This is the piece of code which is causing your "No Data"

If currenttime - time > 1 then begin {Checks the PC's closck against the time of the last bar printed}
print(Playsound("Sound(0)")); {Plays a Sound alert when data feed has stopped for more than 1 minute}
plot2("NO DATA","Data feed");
end

So as it says, check your PC's clock and also check your start time on the indicator is correct.

As for the ATR, it is not just based on the ATR but calculated slightly differently, unbeknown to us, as it is a gift of Iraj's own work and talent.

Hope this helps

Andy