TT Toolbox

Well, you helped set up the macci on Sierra Chart for me. I just use N-Min & Pos size code in TS2000i. I've been away for 3 weeks, seems like there have been some advances in the codes/program trading threads! I've got some catching up to do. You think there are any other codes that could be of use to me in TS. Having all macci's on one chart would be amazing, I''ve only got a small monitor.

Well, you helped set up the macci on Sierra Chart for me. I just use N-Min & Pos size code in TS2000i. I've been away for 3 weeks, seems like there have been some advances in the codes/program trading threads! I've got some catching up to do. You think there are any other codes that could be of use to me in TS. Having all macci's on one chart would be amazing, I''ve only got a small monitor.

Not even sure you can put 6 different timeframe Macci's on one chart.

There's a simple way you could try instead.
Open a 1-min INDU chart and put Macci on it. Shrink the chart window to a small height.
Now open 5 other INDU chart windows, for the other timeframes 3,5,10,30,60.
Put the Macci on each one.
Using the cursor in each window (except the 1-min chart), find the place where the chart and the Macci meet and drag the line to the top of the chart, so only the macci is visible. Then shrink height of that chart window.
You'll then have one chart with 1-min INDU + Macci and 5 charts which only show the Macci in the other timeframes. If you stack all the chart windows on top of each other you'l get something like the effect you want.

Glenn

Can anyone help me adapt this Indicator to work with TS 2000i (not ProSuite). I've found it a useful indicator in TS 8 but have just demoted myself to TS 2000i. I'm trying to get to grips with easylanguage but cannot get this to verify (will not recognise 'WVAP'). Thanks for any help,

Dave.

Attachments

• VWAP BANDS.ELS
    3.3 KB · Views: 24
...also trying to get the most useful MTF Macci indicator to work in TS 2000i. Again, will not verify. Any help would be most appreciated.

Dave

Attachments

• MACCI MTF TS2000i.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 22
Can anyone help me adapt this Indicator to work with TS 2000i (not ProSuite). I've found it a useful indicator in TS 8 but have just demoted myself to TS 2000i. I'm trying to get to grips with easylanguage but cannot get this to verify (will not recognise 'WVAP'). Thanks for any help,

Dave.

Dave
It won't verify because there are more than 4 different plots. Max is 4.
Whether there are any other errors can't be forseen until you alter it to only have 4 or less plots.

Glenn

Dave
It won't verify because there are more than 4 different plots. Max is 4.
Whether there are any other errors can't be forseen until you alter it to only have 4 or less plots.

Glenn

Thanks Glenn, I'll reduce the plots and see if it works.

Dave

Dave,

Import this and you should have some success. The function in TS2Ki for vwap is called vwap_h and this indicator I have attached will load the function automatically when you import it.

Paul

Attachments

• VWAP TEST.ELS
    5.7 KB · Views: 21
Dave,

Import this and you should have some success. The function in TS2Ki for vwap is called vwap_h and this indicator I have attached will load the function automatically when you import it.

Paul

Much appreciated, Paul, this will do the job. TS 8 spoils you with the ease you can load indicators, backtest etc, etc. Now I've got to get to become more hands on, using TS2000i with a feed from IB, not necessarily a bad thing as when I've cracked something I feel I've accomplished something! By the way, I know your using a similiar set-up, do your charts flicker alot?

Dave

Much appreciated, Paul, this will do the job. TS 8 spoils you with the ease you can load indicators, backtest etc, etc. Now I've got to get to become more hands on, using TS2000i with a feed from IB, not necessarily a bad thing as when I've cracked something I feel I've accomplished something! By the way, I know your using a similiar set-up, do your charts flicker alot?

Dave

Hi Tantalus, out of curiosity why are you changing platforms ? From what I understand if you trade a minimum of 5000 shares per month with TS Securities, you get free use of TS8...
Cheers
Jimmy

Hi Tantalus, out of curiosity why are you changing platforms ? From what I understand if you trade a minimum of 5000 shares per month with TS Securities, you get free use of TS8...
Cheers
Jimmy

Hi Jimmy, I had a futures account that I've decided to close. I found trading the YM too stressful. US stocks on the other hand are better for their flexibility in terms of risk and breadth of markets. I also found that Interactive Brokers data was just as accurate, so now I do not have any platform costs, no pressures to have to trade and I 'own' my software.

Dave

For anyone interested, I've found this fib retrace indicator useful as a sort of 'guideline' of price action, helping me to get a quick visual on relative direction. Also a few other indicators to play around with.

Dave

Attachments

• STAD05.ELS
    25.3 KB · Views: 22
Basic MACCI code

The basic MACCI is calculated by taking a 6 period CCI, and then taking a 5 period simple moving average of that CCI.
The Oversold and Overbought levels are at +/- 100.
Below is some TS2000i code to produce that.
Refer to the notes in the code about using it in Radar or on a chart.

Can someone check that it works in TS8 please ?

Glenn

{***************************************
This indicator plots MACCI (Moving average of CCI)

Written by: Glenn

Description: Take CCI of 6 periods, themn take 5 period SMA of it.

In Radar Screen, format the indicator as follows:-
Under Style make the Macci a Number with however many decimal places you want to display.
Under General select "Update on every tick", "Auto detect" and Load additional data for accumulative calculation".
Additional bars to load = 50

On a Chart, format the indicator as follows:-
Under Properties select "Auto Detect" and "Update every tick".
Under Style change the colours of the MACCI and the OB and OS lines.

****************************************}

inputs:
Overbought(100),
Oversold(-100),

Length1(6),
Length2(5);

Vars: CCIval(0), MACCI(0);

CCIval = CCI(Length1);
MACCI = average(CCIval, Length2);

Plot1( MACCI, "Macci" ) ;

{If using MACCI in Radar Screen, either delete the next 2 lines, or hide the OB and OS plots in the Radar Screen}

Plot2(Overbought,"OB");
Plot3(Oversold,"OS");

Value1 = Ticks ; { Force RadarScreen to update every tick. }

Attachments

• MACCI (Glenn's).JPG
    MACCI (Glenn's).JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 36
monitor flicker

Dave

Tantalus, this may be due to your monitor refresh rate setting or other similar setting, at worse your graphic card is struggling...