Trump V. Biden

Pat494

Legendary member
There just has to be a thread discussing the upcoming US election.
I see that Trump may leave the US if he loses. But where will he go ?
He is definately not welcome in many countries, but is it all countries.
Where would you send him ?

Well, he owns large chunks of Scotland. ;)

But he hasn't actually lost yet, so it's a bit of stretch speculating what he'll do assuming so.

o_O

He's best buddies with Kim Jong Un; maybe they can share hair secrets.

Maybe he can set up in his unfinished Trump Moscow hotel?
The rooms are great, but some may have some unusual water features, that he may appreciate.

But, lets not count our chlorinated chickens too soon.

Biden should speak up louder to confront Trump's postering.
The climate change issue is a really good vote winner for Biden . I see Harrison Ford has pitched into the battle too.
Against climate change deniers.

He should indeed.
But of course, that risks making obvious his own hypocrisy
What should he attack?
Trump links to Russian influence??? Errrrrrr.... best disown son first.
Trump on race issues??? Errrrr...... best not, far too many embarrassing videos out there of his own racism.
Trump on climate??? Easy. But, but, but.... must avoid being drawn on 'solutions', because there aren't any.
- unless you propose banning automobiles, aircraft, shipping, trains, steel-making and building with concrete- and those are the very least measures you'd need to begin to slow the changes already in progress.

I don't think most voters are interested in saving the planet if it means no car, no travel, no heating/ air-conditioning, and a diet of of only locally grown food. Not a ticket I'd run on. 🤣

The betting odds on the US election are interesting.
Biden 1/6 and Trump 7/2
Can't write off Trump yet though. He comes through near the end strongly.

Glad to see their next debate is along the lines suggested. with an off/on volume switch as they have both ranted at the same time just making a nasty noise and no debating points.

As I'm not American, I think a part of the debate should be dedicated to Foreign Policy. ;)

In particular, this topic should focus on how the personal private finances of each candidate reflect in the American Government's Foreign Policy Decisions. Specifically those involving Chinese and Russian interests.

Both candidates have financial links to both countries.

But one has traceably personally benefited to the tune of many millions of dollars in exchange for favourable policy decisions while serving in office.

Of course, it's up to the voters to decide if that's what they want from their next President.

😁

I'm not American either but I am curiously watching how it will all turn out.
A more prominent part of the "what will Trump do if he loses" question is whether he will even accept he lost. I think not. He is already setting up the scene to make it look like the voting system is corrupt and tilts the balance towards democrats.

Well, a week or so ago I went to the nearest decent sized town to me that has a bookies with the intention of putting £100 on Trump to win. But they were closed due to you know what - and I don't want to go to the trouble of opening an account online just for a one-off bet.

Trump won in 2016 because Hillary was a dreadful democratic candidate. The world and his wife (her husband) knew she was more dodgy than a very dodgy dogdgy thing and Trump was a breath of fresh air. He doesn't hold that advantage this time around, but he does hold the advantage of being the encumbent President. Whilst Trump derangement syndrome is (and has been for a long time) at warp factor nine, there are many American democrats who still believe in 'the dream' and can see how cities from NYC to LA have been laid to waste by local democrat politicians. Additionally, no matter how awful Trump is at times, at least he knows whether it's Christmas or Easter and doesn't confuse the names of his wife and sister. Biden might be a 'nice' bloke, but he's tainted by his son and he's clearly suffering from some sort of dimentia. The question is, just how desperate are the American people to get rid of Trump that they'll vote for someone who - for very different reasons to Trump - clearly isn't fit (in the true sense of the word) for office. Better the devil you know etc.

Trump's gonna win a second term and, if there was a bookies near me that's open for business, I'd happily put my money where my big gob is.
Tim.

I agree with your assessment there, timsk.
My biggest bug-bear with politics, and the people who vote, is the absence of any concrete manifesto of plans, vision, budgets, etc.
People like AOC and the new social-media generation make their choices on ephemeral concepts, rather than clear policies. Also, where is all the experience?
How many have served in the military, been (properly) successful business owners, or have some kind of history of achievement? It's all "likes" and "followers" now, which I think is destabilising, as in order to lead you need to put the time and work in first, to earn the confidence of those you intend to lead.
Trump is an anomaly. I don't actually believe he is a Republican, he is an opportunist who just latched onto them.
Biden is a figurehead, Harris will be the sharp mind shaping the Presidency, should they win.
She is the Cheney to Bidens Bush Jr. (!!)

Ahhh, remember the good old days? When we laughed at Bush Jr and thought no-one could be any stupider than him. Things couldn't possibly get worse. They seem such halcyon days.
Does Trump like pretzels?

Finally a debate worth watching. Two angry old men duelling with words and policies. Not just noise levels. - so tedious.
The pundits give the nod to Biden for a better performance but it is too early to decide just yet imho.
The Rest of he World is watching anxiously. They may suffer bombing like the Taliban or sanctions like Russia, Iran etc. or trade tarrifs like China etc. Coming to think of it the RotW should by virtue of damage limitation have a say in the election imho
If Kermit the frog were standing then he would probably get my vote on the grounds of competency, clarity and wisdom.
Who in their right minds would vote for a fellow destroying the planet.

Last edited:
To any Democrat supporters who desperately want nice 'ol sleepy Joe to win next week, I recommend that you assume the worst, i.e. that Trump wins a second term and then, if Joe does win, it's a nice surprise - rather than a crushing disappontment (if he loses). And lose he will. Sorry to tell ya that Trump's an absolute shoo-in, largely for the reasons explained by the brilliant Jonathan Pie in the video below.

Biden might try to payoff the USA's vast debt, Trump has no such scruples. More likely to double it and declare it was somebody else's fault. Or it is just fake news that the debt even exists. because he has done such a great job.

Biden might try to payoff the USA's vast debt, Trump has no such scruples. More likely to double it and declare it was somebody else's fault. Or it is just fake news that the debt even exists. because he has done such a great job.
The US federal government will not pay off its debts until a crisis comes along that is severe enough to threaten the government’s existence. When that situation happens, the government will pay down its debts through inflation. High inflation.

The US federal government will not pay off its debts until a crisis comes along that is severe enough to threaten the government’s existence. When that situation happens, the government will pay down its debts through inflation. High inflation.
is this the same inflation that's been elusive since 2008 crisis. The FED have tried to stimulate without luck. Printing money hasn't resulted in the inflation everyone was worried about and this is repeated with other advanced economies. You can't just make inflation, they have been trying unsuccessfully.

Well today is THE day.
The bookies still have Biden ahead but his lead has slipped a bit.
Trump was a strong finisher, paying little respect to the facts as ever.

If Trump loses we can be sure he won't go easily.
Probably have a tantrum and wet himself.
A gentleman would accept the result and congratulate the winner.

Last edited:
The Democrats had an easy victory awaiting them IF they had picked a film star as a candidate instead of a boring old nobody.

is this the same inflation that's been elusive since 2008 crisis. The FED have tried to stimulate without luck. Printing money hasn't resulted in the inflation everyone was worried about and this is repeated with other advanced economies. You can't just make inflation, they have been trying unsuccessfully.
Are you trying to suggest that the US government can pay off 25 trillion plus dollars in debt by printing money and nothing bad will happen?