Trump Presidency and the Consequences

Partly true I would say as the immigrants need jobs and are willing usually to take the lower paid jobs, initially. Lots of people trying for the shortage of average semi skilled jobs creates resentment. The bosses cash in on cheap labour.
3rd world labour needs to organise to get the basic wages and conditions up. Europe had the rich robber baron industrialists in the 19th century but gradually curtailed their power politically so that the less gifted could survive.
The idea of paying people not to work may become a necessity.

There is no shortage of work. But it must pay a fair wage. Which brings us right back to the oligarchs.

In their defense of North Dakota’s “Blue Laws” ― which require some businesses to open late on Sunday mornings and some businesses to stay closed altogether ― Representatives Bernie Satrom and Vernon Laning seemed to express that Sunday mornings should be spent time traveling back to the norms of the 1950s rather than running errands.

According to Satrom, women should spend their Sunday mornings bringing their husbands breakfast in bed.

Welcome to 2017.

Recap on the 2007/08 crises chaps, something that I could not quite understand.

During the subprime crises, mortgages were given to ninjas who could not afford to meet their payments.

These flakey mortgage backed securitiy assets were wrapped up and re-packaged as safe as houses brick and mortar and further sold on.

1. When peeps started losing jobs and were unable to meet payments;
2. House prices started falling and banks had negative assets they could not dispose of

What did the Fed do?

They bailed out the banks, for excessive risk taking, which is what the ninjas did too. Literally overnight 800bn was given to the banks bailing them out of their sh1t hole.

So in summary:

1. Fed gave banks 800bn tax payers money
2. Bank takes and now owns house
3. Ninja man owes money to the bank

Is this a joke?

Suggestion!

1. Government could have taken over ninja's debt instead of the banks

2. That means ninjas get to keep the roof over their heads AND banks continue being liquidated on their loans. EFFECTIVELY, No more bad loans. Government meets monthly laibilities until situ is corrrected

BIG DIFFERENCE, governement would only have had to meet the small % of monthly payments until economy recovered.

People better off with roofs over their heads.

Now the crises over people would have houses and a little bit of wealth and money to spend stimulating the demand in the economy.

Everyone is a winner.

I could never understand our responses to the greedy banks. :(

Bill O’Reilly : “Putin’s a killer.”

The Trumpenator : “There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent?”

Killing is OK because we do it too. Way to show the world have to be have Trumpie.

Trump will be barred from speaking in Parliament

The itinerary for Donald Trump’s visit has just been rewritten.
Monday: arrive at Heathrow, economy class. Get taxi to Premier Inn in Euston. Spend afternoon shopping at Harrods. Have a not-sso-Happy Meal with Theresa May at McDonald’s.
Tuesday: two hour guided tour of London, taking in views of Buckingham Palace and Houses of Parliament. Lunch with Nigel Farage and his French au pair at a pub in Chelsea. Watch them get pissed before taking them to see Brexit: the Musical.
Wednesday: Stay indoors and tweet about BAD PEOPLE! TV dinner with Piers Morgan to watch repeats of The Apprentice USA.
Thursday: Check waxwork likeness at Madame Tussauds. Go home.

--The Guardian

Simple. The banks fund the election campaigns of the politicians. I assume it works the same in the UK and Europe.

Yes that does makes sense.

I guess the banks have had their trillion of dollar fills and now...

it is big corporations turn to receive trillion dollar hand outs at tax payers expense.

SHOCKING :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Even more so the average Joe on the street is lapping it all up. :(

it is big corporations turn to receive trillion dollar hand outs at tax payers expense.

We'd all have been better off if governments had followed Iceland's example:

http://www.worldfinance.com/infrast...ing-economy-the-truth-about-icelands-recovery

As it is, it's almost ten years later and most everyone is still struggling. Except of course the banks.

We'd all have been better off if governments had followed Iceland's example:

http://www.worldfinance.com/infrast...ing-economy-the-truth-about-icelands-recovery

As it is, it's almost ten years later and most everyone is still struggling. Except of course the banks.

Absolutely and really as all our investment banks are owned by shareholders, people with money including or perhaps less so the pension funds, should have dipped their hands in their pockets and purchased some more or lose their high risk taking companies.

Then perhaps the great skewed income levels may have balanced out somewhat and I agree recovery would have been more swift, proportional and effective.

The chickens will coming home to roost though my friend...Its a house of cards that inevitably will fall..........

I see The Speaker of the House of Commons has put his foot in it as far as Trump's visit is concerned. Although I agree with his sentiments I think a man in public office should keep his personal views to himself.

I see The Speaker of the House of Commons has put his foot in it as far as Trump's visit is concerned. Although I agree with his sentiments I think a man in public office should keep his personal views to himself.

I doubt he acted without a nod from higher up. All part of politics.

He is significantly low on pay scales (as he admitted) but worthy of sounding out to distance UK from TM's brash visit of desperation.

The Queen is not amused and instead of becoming an advantage, special relationship could end up being a disadvantage in the Brexit negotiations, now that Trump is assigning bodies who are openly talking of braking up the EU at a time when UK is trying to negotiate favourable exit terms.

Politically, it may be seen as putting the visit on ice to be reviewed later on down the road subject to Trump taking corrective action in his conduct.

There are no plans, no strategy, no vision, no structure to any of this by either side. Even the strongly support NATO blurb by the US now carries no weight after blabber mouth undermined it's foundation.

The guy then has the audacity to bad mouth Obama about going into Mosul which is also another piece of Alternative BS.

Out Parliament Speaker I assure you is much more controlled, restrained and any speal is wholly planned to send a message. (y)

I doubt he acted without a nod from higher up. All part of politics.

He is significantly low on pay scales (as he admitted) but worthy of sounding out to distance UK from TM's brash visit of desperation.

The Queen is not amused and instead of becoming an advantage, special relationship could end up being a disadvantage in the Brexit negotiations, now that Trump is assigning bodies who are openly talking of braking up the EU at a time when UK is trying to negotiate favourable exit terms.

Politically, it may be seen as putting the visit on ice to be reviewed later on down the road subject to Trump taking corrective action in his conduct.
Like or loath Trump he should be given the courtesy for his position. MPs could then judge him face to face rather than through the media.

There are no plans, no strategy, no vision, no structure to any of this by either side. Even the strongly support NATO blurb by the US now carries no weight after blabber mouth undermined it's foundation.

The guy then has the audacity to bad mouth Obama about going into Mosul which is also another piece of Alternative BS.

Out Parliament Speaker I assure you is much more controlled, restrained and any speal is wholly planned to send a message. (y)

You are perhaps undeservedly kind to a blabber mouth of the same ilk as Boris and even Trump. They are having their day it seems.
Like or loath Trump I think he should be treated with the courtesy his position deserves. MPs could then meet the man and judge him face to face rather than through the media.
No doubt he will retaliate.

You are perhaps undeservedly kind to a blabber mouth of the same ilk as Boris and even Trump. They are having their day it seems.
Like or loath Trump I think he should be treated with the courtesy his position deserves. MPs could then meet the man and judge him face to face rather than through the media.
No doubt he will retaliate.

I can just imagine it. Parliament shut down. Riots all over the country. London streets being vandalised.

Then he gets invited to dinner at Buckingham palace. :eek:

I was around Parliament for the Chinese Premiers visit and with the exception of a pocket of protestors with banners there was a real party atmosphere.

I can just imagine it. Parliament shut down. Riots all over the country. London streets being vandalised.

Then he gets invited to dinner at Buckingham palace. :eek:

I was around Parliament for the Chinese Premiers visit and with the exception of a pocket of protestors with banners there was a real party atmosphere.

I see your point. Too late to gag Bercow. It would take a Parliamentary Bill to get rid of him. Does TM grovel ? She will have to offer apologies.

yesterday i went to the indiana university student union center (center of university) where a nazi was giving out a lecture. Let me tell you, I've never seen all races shouting the same thing at one guy. But one thing struck me, in 2017 what does it say about the evolution of our intellect when we judge a person based off of their religion, race or nationality? I know it may sound like liberal bs but I don't see someone being discriminatory based off of economic conditions the same which liberal do. Say if you have a brother who is a bum and a brother who is a doctor.....obviously you know where to go when you want to watch a football game but it makes no sense to me that some people see a black man who is a multimillionaire the same as a black guy who lives in the slums and robs peoples homes. Am I missing something?

in the 30 years i've been in this country I've never seen a nazi until yesterday.....I think that says enough on where this country is headed