Transferring audio tapes to CD

Transferring VHS and camcorder tapes to a PC

Hi

I presume that it would also be possible to Transfer VHS and camcorder tapes to a PC in a similar way as with audio tapes?

If so, where would you connect the camcorder or VCR to the PC? would you need a special graphics card with special connectors?

(I suppose most people have digital video cameras, and perhaps would use DVD recorder/VHS combos - thus cutting out the need for the PC transfer in this day and age!!)

Cheers

jtrader.

You would need a video input I use a dazzle external module that plugs into a USB port or you can get video cards with it on

Freeware wave file editors

Hi

can anyone direct me to a freeware wave file editor/s that display the wave file in full, let you scroll back and forwards through the wave file, split/inset tracks within the wave file at the ends of songs.

Nero 6 SoundTrax is not too good and doesn't seem to have this functionality.

I've then tried about 5 freeware wave editors that let you do everything excpet split the damn file up!!!!!

Thanks again

jtrader.

Have you tried Wave Repair?

I have used it for splitting tracks that I have recorded from LPs

jtrader said:
Hi

sorry, but this is none trading related...............

I have a few audio tapes of concerts taped off the radio that i wouldn't mind having on CD.

I am no sound engineer, so I'm looking to find out how I could do this, and what equipment would be needed etc.

I have an 8 year old hifi.

I was thinking that if I could somehow convert the tapes to MP3 I could then transfer them to my PC and to CD, but don't know if this is possible or how it could be done.

Can anyone provide any pointers?

Thanks a lot

jtrader.

The other replies have pretty much done the PC route to death - but have you considered the alternative of just buying a CD recorder for your hifi? Depending how valuable you consider the recordings, you can get a new one for about £200 or there's one going on eBay at the moment for around £30

The other replies have pretty much done the PC route to death - but have you considered the alternative of just buying a CD recorder for your hifi? Depending how valuable you consider the recordings, you can get a new one for about £200 or there's one going on eBay at the moment for around £30

Hi zaxx

I hadn't even thought of a CD recorder to be honest. Thanks for the suggestion.

Writing music files to CD

Hi

sorry, I've had a mental block on this one as its a year or so since I've written downloaded music to CD...............

Is it possible to write both MP3 and .wav files to CD and play them in regular CD players, or should i either write one or the other to CD?

Or does it need to be in one particular format to work IN ALL CD players?

I know that a .wav file converted to MP3 takes up less space than the original .wav file.

ps. I've tried several more freeware and trial shareware wave editors and MP3-wave converters, and none (even the ones that you have to buy) are as good in terms of functionality as the freeware ones I was using a couple of years ago, in fact all the ones I've tried are very basic and non-user friendly - not allowing you to easily - scroll through files and see the file (scribbly, spectrum analyser/heart beat monitor type display), split files, and save split files as individual tracks.............

Thanks again

jtrader.