Trading with point and figure

Hi Dentist,

Good to see your still posting..

Its some months since I visited T2W...

on doing so I was looking for any comments on the ESMA issues and found your thread linked to a search for it..

I wonder if you have any views on it that you have posted that you maybe able to guide me to..

and can I ask do you ever spread bet ?

SPX into the open
pivot area 2740...bulls need to take that out
2740-2765 big rez area...
support is 2685 and upwards
its messy

2cr9ajc.png

My cycles suggest that we may either see a rally if we see the low hold from Friday 25th or we may will see a new low form on Monday 28th or Tue 29th May (Futures Indexs open to 18.00 hrs UK time on US holiday) and then see it rally or decline into Wednesday 30th..or 1st / 4th June period.

or we see another high pivot form Mon 28th / or tue 29th and a decline into May 30th. to June 4th. if it breaks last weeks lows.

I think 30th May or June 1st to 4th could prove a strong pivot point and start of a fair move.

I think if the market breaks last weeks lows, we could see a large decline to May 30th..

is a head and shoulder bottom forming from the recent lows since Wed May 23rd on the Dow jones ? awaiting the final bottom right hand side shoulder..around the 24630 level

so maybe if last weeks low holds or if another low forms May 28th / 29th... we could see a continued rally to the 30thMay. and followed by the start of a strong decline.Other dates of importance or likely pivots or strong moves.

This is some Cycles that I have been working on. that have had some good results..and found several pivots over the last few months.

Ideally it would be good to expect them to find pivots in the main cash market hours (presently 14.30 to 21.00 hr UK time) BUT as futures trades as a 24 hr period... I do allow into overnight sessions upto 14.30 hrs next day..
(depending what has happened on those dates) and class them as a sort of 24 hr period bar...

Cycles coming in close or over the Weekends are ALWAYS tricky !
As you can get a high or low pivot close late Friday... or Sunday open between 23.00 hrs to midnight..
or early Monday between 00.01 to 14.30 hrs on the overnight / early prior morning sessions.

MC 1 , MC2, MC 3 are expected stronger more important cycles
for stronger moves or main pivots.

with MC cycles.. I think MC1s are expected more important..BUT not always..

IC1, IC2, IC3 are intermediate cycles.. expected less stronger or important
IC1 is expected more important that IC 2 or IC3 and more expected as in between main cycle swing like pivots.

May 30th or June 1st to 4th seems Important time frame
as well as June 14th to 18th...

Some more recent important dates that MC 1 cycles came in were

April 4th Low ....April 19th as a High... May 2nd/3rd Low ....May 8th swing low May 14th High.. May 18th/20th Lows

I had Sun May 20th as an MC 1 in which there was a strong open rally
and May 21st as a IC1 that found Mondays high...

then my next main one was Fri 25th May was a MC 1 **** (I await see if Fridays low holds)

then I have which could see a pivot on Mon 28th May. and a reverse to May 29th to move into the 30th May to June 1st / 4th time frame..

Hopefully it will be of interest to see how things work out or compare..

Mon 28th May IC3

Tue May 29th IC1 **

Wed May 30th MC1 ****

Fri 1st June MC1 ****/ MC3 **** / IC1****
Sun 3rd MC1 *** /Mon 4th MC2***

Tue 5th IC1 **

Wd 6th / Thu 7th MC1****

Weekend Sat 9th June MC3 ***

Tu 12th June IC1

Th 14th June MC1 ****
Sun/ Mon 17th/18th June MC1 ****

I think we may see the start of a main pivot form for the start of a main move from Either May 30th to June 1st 4th
or June 14th to 18th...

or from when they bring in ESMA somewhere between July 1s to 5th...

Is ESMA likely to be good or Bad for Markets ? and are my cycles coming in around this time period ?

I suspect if we see highs or lows pivots form into the main dates that I refer to.. that could suggest whats likley to occur. if we see Highs form then.. Id expect the start of a large decline...

if we see lows form... I think we will see start of strong rally.

=================================

Last edited:
Telegraph

with no government in Italy and spain potentially facing fresh elections.....Euro crisis could soon be back

- Modest day for statistics dominated by surveys, focus on US and Italy
surveys; Italian political crisis likely to ride roughshod over other
inputs; numerous ECB speakers also on hand

- Italy: fresh elections on their way, but thick fog on timing; ballooning
BTP spreads testament to long held and colossal market complacency
on risk premiums

- US Consumer Confidence: marginal dip from multi-decade high expected,
gasoline price rise suggests risks skewed to the downside, despite
strong labour demand

** EVENTS PREVIEW **

As Italy's government crisis continues to unfold and dominate the headlines, there is a rather modest run of heavily survey dominated data, which will find its focal points in the monthly economic confidence surveys in Italy, ahead of this afternoon's US Consumer Confidence, with the overnight Japan labour report along with Eurozone M3 and lending aggregates likely to be no more than statistical roadkill. There are a large number of ECB speakers, the OECD Forum gets underway in Paris and features Macron and US Trade Secretary Ross, while Canada PM Trudeau gives a key note speech on a wide range of topics, likely to include NAFTA and local hot topic du jour in Canada, namely oil pipelines.

** Italy - Politics **
- President Mattarella's weekend decision to reject Savona as the Lega/M5S choice for Economy minister, and the ensuing collapse of that proposed coalition government leaves Italy in a fog, with the subsequent nomination of Cottarelli as the caretaker PM needing to overcome the seemingly very high hurdle of a parliamentary vote of confidence. The latter has initially indicated he would want to oversee the passage of a budget for 2019, and presumably an electoral law reform, and thus stay in power until the first quarter of 2019. While it is not impossible that he might win the vote of confidence, stranger things have happened before in Italian politics, it is more likely that he will be rejected, and then the question is whether Lega/M5S would want to support an electoral reform bill that would see a return to a two round system, implying a new election would take place in Q4, and would be rather different from March in so far as the need for pre-election pacts, such as the Forza, Lega and Fratelli d'Italia one, would be much reduced. Be that as it may, otherwise an election conducted under the current Rosatellum electoral law in Q3 would seem inevitable, and would almost certainly be a histrionic screaming match between the 'establishment' (who will be termed vassals / agents of Brussels and Berlin) and the anti-establishment, i.e. Lega/M5S, who presumably be touting their govt contract as their manifesto (and thus be subject to similar taunts of being purveyors of economic self-destruction for Italy, as was the case during the Brexit referendum). Inevitably such an electoral scrap would be deemed to be a case of life or death for the Euro, above all in the English speaking media. The latter misses the point that this kind of narrative would leave the Italian voting public with no clue about what might emerge for them in terms of the economy (cf. the Brexit negotiations shambles). Populists (in Italy and the usual array of non-domestic pontificators posing as guardians of the voting public, and purveying their familiar brand of cognitive dissonance) are arguing that Mattarella should be impeached for not respecting the public vote, but that is in fact a falsehood - Savona did not stand in the election, therefore the president has every right to 'vet' him, and given that neither Lega nor M5S's election manifestos / platforms argued for exiting the EUR, let alone the EU, Savona's views are clearly incompatible with what the public voted for. Be that as it may, what now ensues in this very Italian constitutional crisis should be bear various hallmarks of Julian betrayal, Machiavelli and the Borgias. In market terms, the sharp rise in BTP yields and widening in BTP spreads is a point lesson in markets having been enormously complacent and absent of any risk premium for far too long; also take a look at the attached chart of which foreign banks have the largest exposure to Italian debt (govt and corporate), which will doubtless be an increasingly hot topic.

** U.S.A. - May Consumer Confidence **
- Consumer Confidence is seen edging lower to 128.0 from 128.7, but still remain very close to April's seventeen year high. The risks look to be distinctly to the downside of the consensus, even if the latter clearly accords considerable weight to strength of the labour market, and the labour differential should bear this out (April 22.9). That said US equity markets have been rather wobbly, but more importantly, and notwithstanding crude oil's recent tumble, average US gasoline prices are close to $3.00, up 12-17 cents on the month, and 60 cents, i.e. 25% from a year ago, just as the US enters its 'driving season'. That rise probably accounts for some of the sizable dip in Michigan Confidence from its provisional to its final reading, and will likely find some resonance in today's survey. From a broader perspective, how gasoline prices evolve between now and November will have a bearing on the outcome of the mid-term Congressional elections, which is implicitly what Saudi Arabia and OPEC Secretary General Barkindo were saying when they announced that OPEC and Russia were looking at easing production curbs. Of course it is equally no surprise, that Saudi Energy Minister al-Falih was quick to announce that the Aramco IPO has been postponed to 2019. As for Russia, its oil and gas behemoths have been voicing their resistance to the curbs for more than six months, indeed Gazpromneft's CEO only last week suggested that crude prices are likely to settle back into a $50-60 range.

from Marc Ostwald