Point and Figure box size for commodities

antonyparkin

Can anybody recommend box sizes to use for point and figure charting of commodities?

Is anyone successfully using P&F and commodities?

Also. what apps are you using? Sharescope does P&F but you need to import the data from somewhere. Where are you getting the data from?

rgs,
Antony.

I never cease to be amazed at the questions people ask on this website. The answer is that there is no answer. There is an alternative. It is awareness. But it cannot be grafted on to the questioner. Welcome to T2W anyway, and to follow this post you will undoubtedly get lots of responses and lots of advice from members, and lots of opinions too.

I don't know the first thing about P&F charts, but Ira Epstein offers them. I haven't even figured out how to turn them on, but the people there are very helpful. Give 'em a call.

That box size stuff you were talking about: I don't really know what in the world that is, but it sounds like something that you would choose depending upon your personal preferences and which particular market you're watching & it's current behaviour.

http://www.iepstein.com/

EDIT: Oops. I just noticed you're in London. Well, this was certainly a worthless post! :eek:
Sorry.

Last edited:
I would suggest that if you cannot work this out for yourself you keep well away from the commodity markets and certainly P&F chart analysis until you can.
That is a bit like asking the question "what length moving average should I use". You have to experiment with these things, if there was a "right" answer, there would be no market.