Trading with point and figure

0.8940 now has a minor pivot area
maybe bring it higher than 0.8930 to 0.8935 ..ish
just an idea..yu are in charge

0.8908 an excellent trade

0.8940 now has a minor pivot area
maybe bring it higher than 0.8930 to 0.8935 ..ish
just an idea..yu are in charge

I think I'll leave it where it is - there seems to be a bit of hanging about at .8930/35 and I think it might well come back a bit before carrying on up. If it doesn't then I'll still be a up a few on the trade ....and owe you a Stella either way:)

I think I'll leave it where it is - there seems to be a bit of hanging about at .8930/35 and I think it might well come back a bit before carrying on up. If it doesn't then I'll still be a up a few on the trade ....and owe you a Stella either way:)

Though I'm pretty sure it traded at .8930 I didn't get stopped out - a first for me ....so I'm still long from .08:)

...and nearly forgot: a flagon of Horlicks for Dentist!

Attachments

• EURGBPm15_171010_07h15_2weeks.png
    EURGBPm15_171010_07h15_2weeks.png
    53 KB · Views: 70
Though I'm pretty sure it traded at .8930 I didn't get stopped out - a first for me ....so I'm still long from .08:)

...and nearly forgot: a flagon of Horlicks for Dentist!

0.8950 is a p/d area
e ready in case it dumps
news at 9.30am

to all...

that is what a possible reversal looks like
uneless yu see something that resembles that formation...then stay with the trend

2r7pj53.png

vice versa for buys in a downtrend

4 hour data over last 2 weeks
pivot supp areas marked..0.8904 up to 0.8920
0.8944- 0.8952 area is trend and horizontal rez

- Digesting UK BRC Sales, German Trade and French Production, awaiting
UK Trade, Production and Construction Output and US NFIB survey;
IMF / World Bank meetings commence accompanied by Fed speak and
UK 20-yr Gilt sale

- UK Industrial Production: modest gain expected, auto output the wild card

- UK Trade: deficit seen little changed, focus on whether recent improvement
in exports relative to imports sustained

- UK Construction Output: seen flat after sharp dip in July, surveys
suggest downside risks

- US NFIB Small Business Optimism: marginal setback expected, downside risks
due to hurricanes, but overall profile likely to remain very robust

- Charts: Nickel and WTI Oil

** EVENTS PREVIEW **

A much busier day for statistics, above all in the UK and Europe, awaits. The UK tops the schedule with the overnight BRC Retail Sales warming the plate for Industrial Production, Trade and Construction Output, with German Trade and French Industrial Production on the to digest list along with the Japan (services) Economy Watchers Survey, while the US has the NFIB Small Business Optimism survey. On the policy front, the IMF/World Bank meetings get under way today and run through to Saturday, with the central bank speaker schedule including Kuroda overnight, ahead of Fed's Kaplan & Kashkari and BoC's Wilkins. Govt bond supply comes via way of GBP 2.5 Bln of 2037 conventional gilts. Markets overall remain in a daze of almost complete indifference to nearly all inputs, and as such today's schedule may provoke little more than another 'meh'. German Trade data reinforce the picture of strong underlying growth momentum with Exports posting a 3.1% m/m rise against a forecast of 1.1%, while Imports rose 1.2% vs. a forecast of 0.5% m/m. Given a very large lag in time terms, it would be extraordinarily premature to talk about exports being impervious to the rise in the EUR, even if history suggests that that this will prove to be the case. In terms of Q3 GDP, the first two month's trade data suggest that net exports will at best not be a drag, as they were in the first two quarters of the year. As for the UK BRC Retail Sales, the headline like for like pick-up to 1.9% y/y from August's 1.3% flatters to deceive, both from the aspect that total sales dipped to 2.3%, and the fact that food and clothing price rises were a key contributor to the rise.

** U.K. - Industrial Production, Trade & Construction Output **
- The UK's Manufacturing Sector is currently the bright spot of the UK economy, as seen in the latest sector PMI (56.2 vs. August's 56.7), though it has to be reiterated that it remains a relatively modest contributor to overall GDP at just 10%. While some (including the BoE) appear keen to suggest that the weaker GBP has been a key factor in the upturn, it is probably as much, if not more, a function of the well documented rebound in the Eurozone economy. The consensus looks for a 0.2% m/m rise in both headline Industrial Production and Manufacturing Output, which would see the former tick up in y/y terms to 0.9% from 0.4%, and the latter unchanged at 1.8%, which appears rather less impressive than the PMI suggests. It should however be remembered that auto output has been weak for much of the year, posting a 5.3% y/y decline in August, though year to date production has been less of a drag at -1.9% y/y, with July Output showing a sharp pick-up that accounted for the 'solid' 0.5% m/m gain in overall Manufacturing Output, but may also see some pull back in today's data. The Trade deficit has been remarkably steady in recent months, albeit at wide levels, with the median forecast seeing a marginally smaller deficit at £-11.15 Bln vs. July's £-11.58 Bln; rather more salient will be the 3-mth/3-mth volume growth rates for Exports (last 1.5%) and Imports (last 0.4%), as well as the Non-EU deficit, which has for choice deteriorated in recent months. As the PMI last week highlighted, the Construction sector is a black spot for the UK economy, with commercial and public sector construction output contracting, while residential construction ekes out relatively modest gains. The consensus sees a flat m/m reading (vs. July -0.9% m/m) for a 0.2% y/y gain, though the risks look to be to the downside, even if this series is notoriously volatile and subject to hefty revisions.

** U.S.A. - Sept NFIB Small Business Optimism **
- The hurricanes may put paid to what have been a run of robust readings for this series, with the August survey seeing the highest reading (at 32.0) for Capital Investment plans since late 2006, with the survey having registered, in prior months, cyclical highs for Employment and Prices Charged. A modest setback to 105.0 from August's 105.3 is expected, above the y.t.d. 'low' of 103.6, and still far above the Jan-Nov 2016 range of 92.6 to 98.4, which offers a suitable frame of reference should the actual outturn prove weaker than expected.

from Marc Ostwald