Trading with a mood disorder

Pat Riley

Established member
794 178
Why do you say that?
Me comments were, as almost always, meant in jest. While I’m not disposed to apologise for havin a bad sense of humour it is never me intent to personally offend. And I don’t think having the issues you describe necessarily preclude you havin a sense of humour.

However, some bods do seem to get offended at the drop of a hat these days and some even seem to go the extra mile, actually goin out of their way to see if they can find offence where there is none intended. But all that aside, if you were personally and genuinely offended by me errant wit then I do apologise, unreservedly, and I’ll buy ya a pint when I’m next in town.

If anyone else was offended then that’s probably none of their business to be so and they can go on and have a wonderful day all the same.

I’m glad yer tradin is picking up Robert. Well done.

robertdaley

68 6
No offense taken. I do have quite a good sense of humour. It is difficult to evaluate the intentions/motivations of a short textual comment/question, that is all. Politics? If the raving monster loony party was still going strong, maybe.

robertdaley

68 6
I have not made many trades this month, don't seem to be many signals. I am about 1R in profit, where I was multiple R in profit at this point in the last two months. Like I say, it's been quiet, and my goal is to end up in some sort of profit for my third straight month.

Pat Riley

Established member
794 178
Ending up 'not down' is better than most manage some months. Sitting out is as big a skill as gettin in/out. Tryin ta squeeze a trade in just to make the numbers never makes any sense.

rjs950

5 1
I don't mind sharing here, just so people know, I was diagnosed with bipolar over ten years ago and have had numerous bouts of psychosis followed by deep suicidal depression. I am on meds lithium lamotrigine abilify etc. I have had some counselling in the past on emotional issues nothing to do with trading. I have had limited exposure to psychology in the past.

Hi Rob I know excately where you are coming from as I also have bipolar.....have have a few very serious episodes where I was on 24/7 watch done the overdose thing.....I spent 2 years working with a psychologist who taught me managing skills...was very helpful. like you I want to do this very badly not to make heaps but to use my brain...you know the old saying "use it or lose it"....I have spent the last month bouncing around trying to decide to do a course/mentoring...the one I'm looking at sounds good but expensive..you hear so many stories of scams. I have have read quite a bit but find it very hard to concentrate reading so really need to be able to talk with someone. Good luck I hope it works well for you. You very welcome to pm me any time if you want someone to talk to who understands the journey you are on.

Reactions: Fugazsy

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock