Trading via Galaxy Tab ?? Can I do so...?

neil

Legendary member
Hello Tech. savvy traders,
This old git wants to know if I can trade via a Galaxy tab (5 minute charts via spreadbetting) rather than a lap top ?

My lap top is six years old and dying......mutter....mutter:)

This old git wants to know if I can trade via a Galaxy tab (5 minute charts via spreadbetting) rather than a lap top ?

It depends on your trading style and what you're trading ( UK shares or FX ) but if you aren't a scalper and you just trade once or twice a day i don't see why not , the real problem here would be analysing the charts from your Galaxy ! Nothing beats a PC for trading . And you've to make sure that your broker has a decent Android app .

Thought you guys still traded on these in the UK.:LOL:

Attachments

• UK Trading.jpg
    UK Trading.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 502
It depends on your trading style and what you're trading ( UK shares or FX ) but if you aren't a scalper and you just trade once or twice a day i don't see why not , the real problem here would be analysing the charts from your Galaxy ! Nothing beats a PC for trading . And you've to make sure that your broker has a decent Android app .

Forex and Dax on 5 minute charts.......looks like it's another laptop then:)

Reactions: tar
you can trade quite easily from a galaxy tab
a galaxy s3 mini works just aswell
all you need is a line chart

how ??
cos the market reveals it secrets on "close " data
so....by moving around t/f the trends are revealed
s/r shows up nicely
take the galaxy to the beach and trade
it is that easy.....and you got it here on t2w
no kdding

netdania is probably the best for charting and then use the brokers mobile app to place trades
the trick is not to load too much data.only the trends and can easily be done on netdania by adjusting the number of data points
for s/r
move around the t/f,particularly on close/line and you will find those s/r areas that will breakout,in particular with the trend.reversals are usually wider
it does take a little bit of practice and discipline.
the discipline being that you must not run to your laptop or desktop to check things out.you must carry on with only the tablet or smartphone
then in a couple of weeks you can trade from the beach
remember......pick off the trends..long term,intermed and short,trendlines should always be placed on the chart first.analyse each trend as a separate entity.probably a fib is the easiest to start with.then go to s/r

netdania is probably the best for charting and then use the brokers mobile app to place trades
the trick is not to load too much data.only the trends and can easily be done on netdania by adjusting the number of data points
for s/r
move around the t/f,particularly on close/line and you will find those s/r areas that will breakout,in particular with the trend.reversals are usually wider
it does take a little bit of practice and discipline.
the discipline being that you must not run to your laptop or desktop to check things out.you must carry on with only the tablet or smartphone
then in a couple of weeks you can trade from the beach
remember......pick off the trends..long term,intermed and short,trendlines should always be placed on the chart first.analyse each trend as a separate entity.probably a fib is the easiest to start with.then go to s/r
Thankyou for a detailed and thoughtful reply. I have access to a tablet (Galaxy) and will experiment.
Many thanks Dentist:)

my own opinion is to keep the chart to line only.the reason being is that the screen space is limited.
so british land /daily
look for the breakout point
see how we had the beginnings of an uptrend before the breakout and then the new uptrend
that can be done intraday aswell
5zak3.gif

and we can trade intraday aswell
eurusd 2 hour chart...just the trend and the breakout points
2wqd95g.jpg

there are more trades if you go down to 15/30 min
no need for a 10 screen computer
no need for any expensive charting software
no need for any idiotic trading coaches/mentors or performance training
no need for any indecators/oscillators
it is a method that has its basis on p/f charting and signals.just pure and simple trend analysis

the screenshots were not taken from my smartphone.i dont know how to screenshot it
the charts are from my computer
i am showing how my smartphone is set up to trade

my own opinion is to keep the chart to line only.the reason being is that the screen space is limited.
so british land /daily
look for the breakout point
see how we had the beginnings of an uptrend before the breakout and then the new uptrend
that can be done intraday aswell

ahh british Land, another great trade for me too (y)(y)

malaguti...great stuff
but did you do all the stuff from ur smartphone ??
i cheated and peeked at my desktop
now that is cheating...i am disciplining myeself to do the whole lot from my samsung galaxy s3 mini

to get screenshots
press "power and home" at the same time
screenshots are saved in "gallery" under a separate file called screenshots
i am hopefully going to upload a few to this thread

Image uploading
TRYING it out from my phone
Lets see how it looks

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-05-19-15-45-21.png
    Screenshot_2013-05-19-15-45-21.png
    46.9 KB · Views: 466
used google chrome on my phone
all looks good
posted eurusd 8 hour chart
breakdown points are easily seen.that gave us the general veiw.then we can home in on the 2 hour etc etc and pick up those pips
as we said....
1.no idiotic trading coaches or mentors
2.no 10 monitor computer
3.no expensive charting software
all nice and simple