Trading the US the Naz/Mr. Charts Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
A very fast high probability trade.
QLGC was the weakest of my core trading stocks and I watched the ledge form with the low at 31.54 at 15.50.
I carefully observed T&S and level 2 and decided that any break south of 31.54 was my trigger for a short.
This combo of reading the tape and TA of the price action using the particular patterns I regard as highly significant fuses together and is profitable the vast majority of the time provided you exit as soon as that mini-spike stops - again reading T&S and level2. TA at the point of exit is irrelevant provided there is no clear support to anticipate a reversal.
At 15.55 my tape reading told me the fall was imminent and I shorted with the fill at 31.53 (limit order 31.51)
In less than 60 seconds the price fell to 31.33 and as the buyers came in on the tape I exited at market at 31.37 for a very fast 16c.
For those trading 500 shares that is $80, 1000 shares $160, 2000 shares $320 and so on.
What was the risk? Well experience tells me that this sort of trade almost always never goes into loss. Had it done so I would have been out immediately for a loss of 2 or 3 cents.
For me then, this is a quick bread and butter trade.
I hope people find that interesting.

Attachments

• qlgc020404.gif
    qlgc020404.gif
    143.2 KB · Views: 604
QLGC was also trading (and has been for the last few days) at its
52 week low which improves the chance of reducing risk on a
short trade.

Paul

closed 46.74
for profit + 18

Attachments

• merqclosed050404.gif
    merqclosed050404.gif
    12.5 KB · Views: 495
covered 47.78
for profit + 24

Attachments

• symccovered050404.gif
    symccovered050404.gif
    11.6 KB · Views: 495
I think the entry set ups are all self-evident; my usual tape reading triggers for the actual points of entry and for all the exits.
On a thin choppy day it is much more difficult to find big movers and if you are trading for your living, I believe you should take the small gains and be satisfied.
All the exits were based on my own interpretation of trading sentiment starting to change on a micro level. In a choppy environment I'm not prepared to sit through any apparent retracement as it is more likely to be a reversal than on a stronger day.

Hi Salty,
Yes, more like hard work than pleasure.
It has been intense and hard today and I didn't get enough time today to do my pre-market work before open so I had to concentrate on my core trading stocks and my scanners.
Time to walk away for the day and get a bit of gardening done.
Cut the grass rather than watch it grow on the markets, if you see what I mean.
I might check later for a break out.
Best wishes,
Richard

For any TASR adicts who missed last nights GMT/pm EST, run on the back of some news.Over 1000 points in just over the hour.

06-Apr-04 14:22 ET In Play TASER Intl also responds to CBS story (TASR) 81.30 +2.80: -- Update --
06-Apr-04 14:21 ET In Play TASER Intl declares 2-for-1 stock split (TASR) 80.90 +2.40: -- Update --

Attachments

• tasra.gif
    tasra.gif
    11 KB · Views: 385
I am a TASR addict but only as an observer.

It's somewhat out of my league at the moment ( and for a long time yet ) for actual trading.

I guess you have to get your entry dead right because otherwise the large swings will rapidly stop you out. You can get a near
US$ 2 move on one 5 minute bar.

Hiya folks didnt get a snap at the time trade opened been manic with trading FX.

Dow was down, nasdaq futs down making lower top, AMZN Making lower top also. The dailies looked weak i.e. yesterdays high not broken plus daily chart formed a doji and hit resistance. Could reverse here. Will hold for a swing play if looks right at the end of the trading day. There are a whole host of options for a move down on this stock imo but will continue to reassess

Short @ 45.45
stop @ 45.65
stop now @ 45.02

Attachments

• 06-04-04 amzn 5.png
    06-04-04 amzn 5.png
    16.3 KB · Views: 732
Very nice trade, Bomber, especially on a poor day.
Where/when did you exit?
17.35 ish? Around 45.65?
Away coaching today so no trading for me.

Richard

Hi Naz/Mr. Charts

Stuck in a bit longer... $1 @ approx 6pm (gmt) when the 42 low at the time failed to break any lower, the trend break confirmed the out for me.

Looking at the post trade action it is looking like a good decision... i was hoping to hold this short but it doesnt look like its going to fill that gap on the dailies just yet.

Hope you both are doing well

Regards
NB

Status
Not open for further replies.