Trading Systems Forex - Simpler the better-

JonnyT said:
At last some real traders have entered the fray.

If you like a good whiping then follow this strat.

Domed I tell you, doomed.

JonnyT

That excludes you Johnny T - how come your system is any better ? this is a Freebie not £295.00 I am giving a few ideas - Note these words - These give an indication, it should be used in conjuction with other indicators and very strict money management - but you wouldn't understand that would you! ;)

The real traders have always been on this thread - you - yup you are the interloper - next week I shall be starting a New thread (for Free) trading Bollingers! with live examples ;) ;) only one at a time! - The idea to show that Real Traders keep it simple!!! It aint rocket science!

Here is...

Attachments

• BunnyGirlFAQ.pdf
    338 KB · Views: 481
The General said:
Zenda,

Strange that his site does not have brokerage stmts iso a 'fund valuation' from an outside source don't you think ?

Nope - I think you should be using this site - http://www.skeptics.com.au/ doubt if you listened to the Radio Interview as advised! You will be asking Tony Blair and George Bush to show you proof next :cheesy: - Odds on you will vote UKIP next year - :eek:

twalker said:
Unfortunately I do not have enough faith to take calls from somebody I do not know in a chat room

Exactly the position I'm in. I've downloaded and printed all I can and I'm gradually reading it. The more I do so, the more clear it becomes that it's actually very similar to the way I trade with indices. I suspect that BG is probably that extremely rare creature: someone who is a more experienced and talented and practised trader than she imagines herself to be. (Most of us have the opposite problem, no? :) ).

twalker said:
Of most interest is Bunnygirls motivations...

Agreed. I suspect that she gets something out of confounding those of small brain and large opinion, who have the habit of stating categorically that "it's not possible to do this". They are, in effect, asking her to prove it, and she's proving it. Must be pretty satisfying, I think?

TW
See what you mean about the subjective elements.
I think it is always very difficult to take someones screen trading strategy and turn it into non-subjective trading system.

JMR,
Good to hear from you.
Yeah, that one is a real challenge, you have to make certain fixed decisions and none of them end up producing something which shows a good risk/reward. I admit I didn't slave over it for weeks but a couple of afternoons was enough for me to conclude that BG is the main ingredient of continued success here.

Zenda said:
That excludes you Johnny T - how come your system is any better ? this is a Freebie not £295.00 I am giving a few ideas - Note these words - These give an indication, it should be used in conjuction with other indicators and very strict money management - but you wouldn't understand that would you! ;)

The real traders have always been on this thread - you - yup you are the interloper - next week I shall be starting a New thread (for Free) trading Bollingers! with live examples ;) ;) only one at a time! - The idea to show that Real Traders keep it simple!!! It aint rocket science!

Correct, I never ever use indicators. You cannot get more simple than that.

You still haven't proved how this MA strategy can be profitable.

I rest my case M'Lord

JonnyT

TW-
I have generally found that people and mechanical systems just trade very differently.

Whilst It is very hard to take someones personal trading style and mechanise it, it is often equally hard for a person to trade a profitable mechanical system. I think machine/system trading and discretionary trading are two entirely different approaches to the market but both can be profitable.

twalker said:
JMR,
Good to hear from you.
Yeah, that one is a real challenge, you have to make certain fixed decisions and none of them end up producing something which shows a good risk/reward. I admit I didn't slave over it for weeks but a couple of afternoons was enough for me to conclude that BG is the main ingredient of continued success here.

I've thought a bit about putting at least some of the rules into code ( Amibroker) to see if they at least make a straight X profitable. Just haven't got around to it as of yet.

Some of the rules that could be coded are:
Time of day - limit trades to Eur/NY sessions.
Don't buy or sell if entry price hit on last 5 min of 30 min bar
Re-enter on take out of 30min H/L
Don't enter buy if X below daily open. Reverse for sell.
Don't buy/sell if entry a defined number of pips from 5/20/100 WMA
Scheduled news events *could* be programmed into it i.e specific dates/times to avoid, but that would depend on your platform.
There are more, but this is just a short "to do" list :)

Zenda, looking at your charts am I right in thinking you're using 21 and 34 EMA's, with lag taken off?

Showing MA's without the lag is a bit misleading IMO, especially for beginners with little trading experience.

Anyway, I appreciate you trying to keep things simple.

Trading Cable

Dave1971 said:
I would have to disagree with you on this one, cable has made some very clear intraday moves in the last month, most of which have been breakouts from easliy recognisable chart patterns. Not much good for a trend follower, but plenty of pickings for the simple breakout strategy I use.

Horses for courses I guess.

Dave

You're correct of course. Cable's daily range has always been the largest, and will probably continue that way and there have been excellent days, for sure. My observation is to point out that other pairs have been "less volatile" in the recent past - thus providing a more controlled and less stressful environment. Today a good case in point. Please comment on attached chart. Where in hell did the 100 point move at #1 come from? Naturally, I was short at the time.

Attachments

• 100604 - GBPUSD5 - for Buk.JPG
    100604 - GBPUSD5 - for Buk.JPG
    205.1 KB · Views: 371
Where in hell did the 100 point move at #1 come from? Naturally, I was short at the time.

hey Noises.......I too punted this thing thru the 825 break this morning, and was expecting a little wiggle at the round number. I had minor support eyeballed at the 780, and scaled out as it kicked back underneath 7800. Must admit, I didn't expect the strong backdraft, and lost me remaining lots at (b/e) entry!.....no rhyme nor reason with it sometimes, which is why I punt it off the intradays of late & merely 'carry' lots back & forth.

Right on. Couple of comments:

1 - This is a "Faders" market. Be ready to sell the uptrends and vice versa.
2 - When/If you get stopped out, or the pain is unbearable, consider reversing position instead of slinking off to bed. Would have stood me in good stead today. Break back thru 1.78 good indication to take action, but it's always a "stop or pop" decision that's a lot easier to decipher after the fact and the mkt was moving fast.
3 - Also, the subsequent dive after the report presented an opp, but I was too frazled to take advantage.
Fortunately, CAD ( a decent pair) came to my rescue later.

twalker said:
I admit I didn't slave over it for weeks but a couple of afternoons was enough for me to conclude that BG is the main ingredient of continued success here.

I must admit it's taken me very much longer (though quite enjoyably) but I've certainly come to exactly the same conclusion.

yep....it's been all 'shorts' today (apart from the 1 long this p.m)........and you're right, the post news thru up a decent punt back to the round number supports on that p/b bar......even NB is sniffing the intraday's lately....now THAT is a sign of the times :cheesy: :devilish:

Torch said:
Glad to know that indicators are a load of rubbish. (The fact that they are currently helping to provide me with my sole but satisfactory income after months of careful planning must mean I'm delusional. Drat.)

Then thats fine. I have been accused of selling complex systems which is totally unjustified. I repeat I do not use indicators. You may do so.

JT, you clearly view yourself as T2W royalty with the right to endless egotistical, sneering generalisations with no backup, justifications or explanations.

Actually I have carried out extensive backtests over the years and have yet to find a MA Crossover system with acceptable drawdown and expectancy worth trading. No one on this thread has demonstrated any viability over more than one day. If that makes me egotistical then absolutely fine

Here's the harsh reality-
If your systems were anything like as hot as you'd like to believe, you would hardly be in the position of suddenly feeling the need to dash about like a headless chicken, trying to cream 300 quid from the assorted members of a forex discussion forum.
In your own words 'I rest my case M'Lord'.

Have you seen any disenters to my systems? I do not have a problem selling my interlectual property. If you win at trading you are taking money from someone, so whats the difference?

Zenda, like your style!
Good humoured experience, backed with the confidence to call a spade a spade.
I for one am looking forward to your live trades and straight talking new thread!
No wonder JT and his accountant are in a panic...

For the record I do not have nor need an accountant. With my IQ I can do it all myself. As can most people if they really want to and educate themselves.

Live results are surely where the real story lies; real cash on the line and market makers with crocodile smiles lining up against you.
Backtesting a curve-fitted system will ALWAYS produce better results than those of a superior but honest system. Hence backtesting as a point of comparison is indeed hopelessly compromised.

In your opinion. If you want to trade a negative expectancy system with real money then feel free to do so. Lets monitor the results shall we.

Bluewave said:
Zenda, looking at your charts am I right in thinking you're using 21 and 34 EMA's, with lag taken off?

Showing MA's without the lag is a bit misleading IMO, especially for beginners with little trading experience.

Anyway, I appreciate you trying to keep things simple.

Yes apologies for that I wont do it in future! :cry:

Visit Johnnys web site for a sample of Marketing Excellence

JonnyT said:
Zenda,

I await your live calls with baited breath.

JonnyT

Just had a look at your website :LOL: - that really is the poorest website I have ever seen ! (not Joking - Honest :( ) - If that's a sample of the work you put in! Are your trading systems of a similar quality! :!:

I've put live Forex trades on when trading - I don't ever stick to one style of trading - depends on market conditions!

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showthread.php?t=11851&page=3&pp=15

JohnnyT - I posted live trades last week check it out on the above thread - Post number 35

Picture of JT front web page and sales Pitch :cheesy:

Attachments

• JTfront.jpg
    JTfront.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 336
Last edited: