Trading Systems Forex - Simpler the better-

Attachments

• zanger.jpg
    zanger.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 307
sidinuk said:
Out of curiosity how did you discover that 21 and 34 MA's work best?

Just appear to work for me - trial and effort - you may try different numbers - Good luck!

I think you are all crazy. Indicator maybe but for signals...
You will get whipped repeatedly and slowly, painfully bleed to death.
IMHO you understand.
Shouldn't take somebody more than 5 mins to knock this up on TS and prove point.

twalker said:
I think you are all crazy. Indicator maybe but for signals...
You will get whipped repeatedly and slowly, painfully bleed to death.
IMHO you understand.
Shouldn't take somebody more than 5 mins to knock this up on TS and prove point.

Just drop into MT chat sometime, and take note of Bunnygirls profitable strategy based on a simple WMA 5/20 X. And unlike others, her calls are before the fact....

I actually had a look at her system and although it is based on simple WMA X it is not actually WMA x alone and is far more complex. If you trade just WMA cross you will die a painful financial death screaming for mummy.
She, as I recall also has RSI, Stochs, Bolli Bands and a lot of subjective calls that make the system impossible to code. I know, I tried for a while when I read all the hype. She knows her system but the document that was produced is a horror of if/then/buts and I doubt anybody else could trade her signals exactly unless in the chat room and blindly following her obviously talented performance.

Zenda,

Obv I did that. I just wanna know (apart from articles) where the proof is. And before you open your mouth I have seen his 'audited' fund performance on his site fyg.....

The General said:
Zenda,

Obv I did that. I just wanna know (apart from articles) where the proof is. And before you open your mouth I have seen his 'audited' fund performance on his site fyg.....

So what else do you need? do you want him to introduce you to his bank manager? suggest you go to the Link I gave you above and spend 15 minutes listening to his interview - If you have difficulty with these instructions - let me know! :p

twalker said:
... it is not actually WMA x alone and is far more complex ...
She, as I recall also has RSI, Stochs, Bolli Bands and a lot of subjective calls that make the system impossible to code. I know, I tried for a while when I read all the hype. She knows her system but the document that was produced is a horror of if/then/buts and I doubt anybody else could trade her signals exactly unless in the chat room and blindly following her obviously talented performance.

Absolutely! I totally agree with you. I've spent a long time looking at the various threads and subsequent discussions and your thoughts are identical to mine. Mind you, to be fair, I couldn't describe my own (indices) system as exactly "mechanical" either, because I also use most of the same things as her, together with some others, and like her I tend to be even more flexible and less certain about closing positions than about opening them. But an _extremely_ interesting read and definitely food for thought nevertheless!

13.30 see for yourself

Pennt said:
Using these indicators the EUR/USD has just given a sell, is that correct ?

Few early signals but I usually have Boll on and if the occur in narrow band I wait for a bit of direction - heres the charts - comments from the cynics please!

Attachments

• MM1.JPG
    MM1.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 444
Looks like it was a sell, already moved more than 10 pips
Interesting thanks will look more into this

Just drop into MT chat sometime, and take note of Bunnygirls profitable strategy based on a simple WMA 5/20 X. And unlike others, her calls are before the fact....

as TW mentioned, it's far from 'a simple 5/20 cross' and don't let the presence of an avg cross or other price indicators decorated on a time frame(s) fool you.....many (not necessarily all) of the "crosses" which are mentioned ( & I'm talking specifically in relation to the instrument I trade here) form around reaction to price kicking off either a s&r pitch or key levels (decade numbers etc...) on the charts......repetative & consistant price patterns moving away from the s&r levels are the tradeable entries/exits.

The crosses can then be observed once (if) a run ensues by some folk to assist in managing the trades with regards banking profits/compounding back etc....but as has been mentioned, to trade OFF them as a stand alone signal will drain you quickly.....even quicker if attempted off the faster frames.

Zenda,

Strange that his site does not have brokerage stmts iso a 'fund valuation' from an outside source don't you think ?

At last some real traders have entered the fray.

If you like a good whiping then follow this strat.

Domed I tell you, doomed.

JonnyT

twalker said:
I actually had a look at her system and although it is based on simple WMA X it is not actually WMA x alone and is far more complex. If you trade just WMA cross you will die a painful financial death screaming for mummy.

Note I said "strategy", which in my mind implies a plan of action, hence the X, while just a simple signal is qualified by a complementary strategy . To trade the X blindly would lead to ruin.
As for her "rules" being complicated, I agree they probably appear so to the novice, but for anyone who's spent time in the market, you appreciate the nuances.

I agree they probably appear so to the novice, but for anyone who's spent time in the market, you appreciate the nuances.

Didn't realise I was a novice, thanks for setting that straight. Actually I didn't say complicated I said subjective and therefore impossible to code.

Incidentally here is original MA cross on Eur. I have not included MACD exits which may make all the difference. If I get time later I will send. Notice the uptick at the end, if you zoom in you get the chart at the start of this thread.

Attachments

• 2134Xover10minEur.PNG
    2134Xover10minEur.PNG
    22.9 KB · Views: 327
twalker said:
Didn't realise I was a novice, thanks for setting that straight. Actually I didn't say complicated I said subjective and therefore impossible to code.

lol....my apologies, I didn't mean to imply that.
But IMO I don't honestly think it's all that complicated, unless just given a cursory glance. Price rejection, time of day, S/ R levels are really all it's saying. The doco was mostly cut 'n paste straight from chat, thus not the tidiest of summations

From what I read people who trade the system in the chat room are happy about it. I have only studied the document with the aim to code it and back test. I was unable to do this due to the subjective nature of some of the calls. Unfortunately I do not have enough faith to take calls from somebody I do not know in a chat room or try to learn exactly how the system works by getting stuck into the doc and manually executing. Good luck to all who have that ability.
Of most interest is Bunnygirls motivations...
Is he/she/it some sort of philanthropist? or will he/she/it start charging one day?

. I have only studied the document with the aim to code it and back test. I was unable to do this due to the subjective nature of some of the calls.

Hello TW,
Is is possible to post the document on this thread for people that have not seen it?

Zenda said:
This is a "tongue in cheek" thread

Ah, geddit! Is that stuff you're flogging on your website "tongue in cheek" as well? Which I take to mean naive and useless for any practical purpose, like the 'System' that you have mentioned in this thread.

:LOL: