Trading SpreadSheet

jklondon

Going to spend some serious time putting together a proper Trading Spreasheet - for recording current trades / past trades and possible future ones.

Just wanted to know if anyone had any advice /links/ rough templates which might be off help!

Thinking of using some of the advice given by Elder in 'Come into My Trading Room'

Thanks -JK

Did you ever put together a spreadsheet ??

I need one to record my trades and don't really want to reinvent the wheel if someone has alreadyy done one (and is happy to share it).

I think putting together your own spreadsheet is a very necessary part of the Toa, my sheet has evolved over time into something far better than the basic thing I started with. What exactly are you trading and what kind of sheet are you looking for? track record, system, blotter?

I did put one together but I agree with twalker - its designed very much around my trading style.

Attached is an very incomplete excel worksheet which I have been working on. Its primarily based on Elder's work but will no doubt evolve over time.

Its not as far developed as the one I have at present but I thought it might give you something to go on.

Column C has conditional formatting on to change the colour of the cell dependent on the data entered in it. (Format/Conditional Formatting)

This is my first feeble attempts at using Excel so please don't laugh too much. I just remember the difficulty I had in finding anything suitable.

Maybe those traders more advanced than I would also submit their worksheets.

Rgds.

PS: Column N calculates daily interest adjusted figure and not a compounded figure which requires a different calculation.

Attachments

• book2.xls
    15 KB · Views: 4,738
Last edited:
Check out
http://www.qmatix.com/XLQ.htm
This is developed by an old friend of mine . I do not like to post anything commercial but I can definitely vouch for the integrity of this person.
Great for Equity investors I think.

it may be obvious, but my error to start with was not to design
my spreadsheet with what I was going to use it for in mind.

For example I now have a "reason code" column for entry
(and exit) which enables me to sort the records by those reasons
and lets me know which of the entry signals are working best (or
worst!!)