Trading should be complicated

And for what? So the profligate can borrow at stupid rates. Saving is the worst thing you can do with your money unless it is going to do better than a cash ISA, but that's why we're here I guess. As a teenager I always imagined amassing £20k and generating an income of about £20 a week- a comfortable wage at that time!

That's still my dream........

agreed .....interest rates are at Zombie levels for net savers ..........i always envisaged rates never getting much below 6-7% back in the day ...........so much for market meddling by global governments ........

98.7%. Seriously though most people are way too lazy, too scared, too unambitious -even the ones who claim they want to be traders

i would extend that to the global population surely.......the brits are not the exception but the norm ?

i would extend that to the global population surely.......the brits are not the exception but the norm ?
Most Americans have no savings and could not even handle a $300 emergency. But we digress- I am looking to mentor people who want to make money trading options. One of my ambitions, however is to meet a forex trader that makes money. I tried cable for almost 3 years and failed to make anything

Just on this forum? or generally? Have you set up any threads on any other sites?
happy to do whatever people want really- my website-as posted has 108 real trades- I think there were 3 losers -but that's not the point I'm a crap trader! I cannot sem to private message people here anymore

Post them on here! I saw IG started offering various options recently, I just can't get my head around them. I'm all ears though, always looking for new ideas.

IG- I closed that account. Options are only tradeable if you have £30k and open a proper account-but you can have a demo account with Saxo bank.( you can of course paper trade my trades). They also do trader events. I have been to several and you get to meet real people like senior economists with CME for example. IG relies on traders to blow up their accounts over time- it's a well proven business model. Options brokers however are commission based,and want to see the £££ rolling in year on year. My website is called options investing dot co dot uk. you can see a ton of links, article real trades-all verifiable using ICE.com prices. I am an educator, purely for the challenge, as I make money trading. Enjoy.
PS I don't trade through Saxo currently.

Sorry. I mean IG allow you to spread bet on the underlying value of options

1544807442202.png

Sorry. I mean IG allow you to spread bet on the underlying value of options

View attachment 258686
Look at the spreads on those- that's a 25% haircut-and heaven help you if you actually have a winning trade. I'm fully aware of IG, and used it for many years when they had proper binary options -but they got greedy with those too. I trade strategies- and this is not possible with IG's ludicrous pricing-it's strictly for the Mickey Mouse end of the market.

From my site-
Trade110 Feisty? Moi?
A feisty 3×1.
We have been here before and I know of a fund that was blown up doing call 3×1s. What is a three by one? We sell three, and buy one. This is for expiry week, so we use the December series. We buy one 6750 put for 31 we sell three 6600 puts at 9.5×3=28.5. So our cost is 31-28.5= 2.5. Risk is at 6525 -we own the 6750, which is worth 225 at that level. The 3 x 6600 puts are worth 75×3=225. All clear? This trade makes a profit if the 6750 put is worth more than 2.5 next Friday-or sooner. No upside risk, limited to a max 2.5.
Yes, there is a possibility of the market dropping below 6525,and we will show how to adjust.

very interesting W.....i hope people take you up on the offer

i love challenges and learning new markets and strategies.......

one day when i step away from my core forex trading work i have a handful of other strategies i want to get involved with ....and options is one.......

cheers
N

Last edited:
very interesting W.....i hope people take you up on the offer

i love challenges and learning new markets and strategies.......

one day when i step away from my core forex trading work i have a handful of other strategies i want to get involved with ....and options is one.......

cheers
N
you're welcome- let me know if you ever hear of anyone actually making money from forex, please!

From my site-
Trade110 Feisty? Moi?
A feisty 3×1.
We have been here before and I know of a fund that was blown up doing call 3×1s. What is a three by one? We sell three, and buy one. This is for expiry week, so we use the December series. We buy one 6750 put for 31 we sell three 6600 puts at 9.5×3=28.5. So our cost is 31-28.5= 2.5. Risk is at 6525 -we own the 6750, which is worth 225 at that level. The 3 x 6600 puts are worth 75×3=225. All clear? This trade makes a profit if the 6750 put is worth more than 2.5 next Friday-or sooner. No upside risk, limited to a max 2.5.
Yes, there is a possibility of the market dropping below 6525,and we will show how to adjust.
Hi Windlesham1, can I ask what is the margin needed for this "feisty ratio" trade based on 1 contract (£10 value?) - which is 2 naked units and one covered unit (if I understand correctly).

Cheers

Sure, sharing links to your favourites sites is totally fine as long as you're not affiliated with it and hence self promoting. So go for it!

No way am I affiliated, just a great site to help traders interested in learning about options, many hours of video footage covering all of the strange named option strategies, their live shows can be over the top with their obsession with food and the cackling ladies slot ,( we will blame the USA for that (lol) but please overlook their obsession and cackling as there are plenty golden nuggets to be learned from T Snosnoff site.
Wishing all a merry xmas and if you are interested in options you have plenty of video footage for 2019

Great trading @Windlesham1

By my reckoning, your Trade 108, left you long very cheap way Out-of-the-Money Jan 6500 Puts and 7300 Calls, which I'm sure you'll make use of, and your Trade 110 made you 31ish for an net debit of 2.5. 110 was open less than a week.