Trading should be complicated

Windlesham1

479 44
Trade 108 a double ratio calendar
Shut the front door! Say what? Ratio as in selling two options and buying one. Calendar as in selling the near month buying the far month. Double as in puts and calls. This could also be described as a calendar strangle one by two. All clear now?
We are selling 2 Dec 6500 puts, buying one Jan 6500 put (16×2, 39.5)= debit of 7.5.
And…. we are selling 2 Dec 7300 calls, buying one Jan 7300 call (10×2, 30.5) debit of 10.5. So we have a total debit of 7.5+10.5= 18. Therefore we hope our long Jan options will be worth more than 18 in total. We also hope the FTSE doesn’t go too far above 7300 and too far below 6500.
So- the logic of the trade- time decay mostly, and it is almost delta neutral. The keen eyed amongst you will note in the past we have done a three by one. Sometimes those are too risky, but here we still have a fair chunk of time to go.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-12-01 at 11.55.39.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-01 at 11.55.39.png
    79.6 KB · Views: 324

NVP

Legendary member
37,767 2,101
I have my website documenting 108 real trades andI tried to start a Meetup group. I find the UK disappointing- people are not interested in making money

a little harsh ? .......how many of the uk population have you met ?

tomorton

Legendary member
8,421 1,346
98.7%. Seriously though most people are way too lazy, too scared, too unambitious -even the ones who claim they want to be traders

Sad but true.

The British are very much more motivated by saving money than making money. And by not risking money rather than gaining some more.

Windlesham1

479 44
Sad but true.

The British are very much more motivated by saving money than making money. And by not risking money rather than gaining some more.
And for what? So the profligate can borrow at stupid rates. Saving is the worst thing you can do with your money unless it is going to do better than a cash ISA, but that's why we're here I guess. As a teenager I always imagined amassing £20k and generating an income of about £20 a week- a comfortable wage at that time!

tomorton

Legendary member
8,421 1,346
And for what? So the profligate can borrow at stupid rates. Saving is the worst thing you can do with your money unless it is going to do better than a cash ISA, but that's why we're here I guess. As a teenager I always imagined amassing £20k and generating an income of about £20 a week- a comfortable wage at that time!

That's still my dream........

NVP

Legendary member
37,767 2,101
agreed .....interest rates are at Zombie levels for net savers ..........i always envisaged rates never getting much below 6-7% back in the day ...........so much for market meddling by global governments ........

NVP

Legendary member
37,767 2,101
98.7%. Seriously though most people are way too lazy, too scared, too unambitious -even the ones who claim they want to be traders

i would extend that to the global population surely.......the brits are not the exception but the norm ?

Windlesham1

479 44
i would extend that to the global population surely.......the brits are not the exception but the norm ?
Most Americans have no savings and could not even handle a $300 emergency. But we digress- I am looking to mentor people who want to make money trading options. One of my ambitions, however is to meet a forex trader that makes money. I tried cable for almost 3 years and failed to make anything

Windlesham1

479 44
Just on this forum? or generally? Have you set up any threads on any other sites?
happy to do whatever people want really- my website-as posted has 108 real trades- I think there were 3 losers -but that's not the point I'm a crap trader! I cannot sem to private message people here anymore

ffsear

2,251 499
Post them on here! I saw IG started offering various options recently, I just can't get my head around them. I'm all ears though, always looking for new ideas.

Windlesham1

479 44
IG- I closed that account. Options are only tradeable if you have £30k and open a proper account-but you can have a demo account with Saxo bank.( you can of course paper trade my trades). They also do trader events. I have been to several and you get to meet real people like senior economists with CME for example. IG relies on traders to blow up their accounts over time- it's a well proven business model. Options brokers however are commission based,and want to see the £££ rolling in year on year. My website is called options investing dot co dot uk. you can see a ton of links, article real trades-all verifiable using ICE.com prices. I am an educator, purely for the challenge, as I make money trading. Enjoy.
PS I don't trade through Saxo currently.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock