The Trading Rooms - problem accessing

Weezydj

20 0
Hi!

I'm away from my own PC today and want to access the trading rooms for a while.

I don't have MIRC installed on this PC (and prefer not to instal it) but can't access the rooms through the site. I get a blank screen etc...

Do I need to change my browser settings, and if so which? I have cookies enabled and Java enabled, as far as I can see.

Whatever the problem is, it means I can't get the Fins prices and trading screens either :-((

All help gratefully received

Thanks

Weez

FTSE Beater

Experienced member
1,518 4
Hi Weezy

I have the same problem at work, due to a firewall I can't get rid of. having said that I can access Finspreads, without any problem.

If anyone knows a way around a firewall - without the IT password please let me know. :D

Mirc/Trading Room Access Problems

I tried to access the trading room via Mirc and via the BB and received the message:

Closing Link:
Hill_Farmer[stapuu-gw1.homechoice.co.uk]by
Warren.ms.us.Othernet.org (k-lined)
Connection closed.

I used to be able to access. Is this a common problem? Thanks.

FG
:confused:

ChartMan

Legendary member
5,580 46
May be a firewall problem???? try disabling, enter mirc, then re-enable...

Good news. However, the problem was more sinister than I first thought. I deleted the old Mirc and updated to the latest version of Mirc. But, the problem persisted. Well, I logged on via a different ISP and went to Mirc #Help. It transpires I was banned, also known as 'Glined', by the Mirc operators. This sometimes happens from time-to-time, I was told!. It also transpires that I had also collected some strange channels, nothing to do with the finanace channels found on Othernet. I won't go into the details, other than to say most ended with the suffix "*ex". I've still no idea how this situation arose, but clearly the Mirc ops do monitor what goes on.

Anyhow, it's a useful lesson. If anyone gets Glined or "k-lined", go to the #Help channel, explain the problem and you will be re-instated. This has been a little frustrating the last couple of weeks, but we now know how to recognise the problem and what to do. Thanks for your observations. Now, I wonder whatever happened to all those channels I can't access any longer....?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock