Help, I`m stuck with this software problem

peugots

Hello all,

Can someone please help me with this annoying problem? Since today every time I turn my pc on I get the “windows installer” box popping up. The box just stays there no matter what I do. I have no idea why the installer box pops up as I didnt want anything to be installed. I am not sure whether this has anything to do with the fact that this morning I gave my zonealarm firewall access to windows genuine advantage (which I have to do otherwise I wont be able to get any updates for windows XP pro). Any help would be gratefully received as this issue has stopped me from being able to work as normal on my pc. Thanks in advance.

peugots said:
Hello all,

Can someone please help me with this annoying problem? Since today every time I turn my pc on I get the “windows installer” box popping up. The box just stays there no matter what I do. I have no idea why the installer box pops up as I didnt want anything to be installed. I am not sure whether this has anything to do with the fact that this morning I gave my zonealarm firewall access to windows genuine advantage (which I have to do otherwise I wont be able to get any updates for windows XP pro). Any help would be gratefully received as this issue has stopped me from being able to work as normal on my pc. Thanks in advance.

I have 2 suggestions for you mate:
1. If you know when this problem started then do a system restore a day before the problems started....start\program\acc\system tools\system restore

2.Is the windows installer asking for any new software\hardware-related software etc
Have a look at the eventviewer log and find out in the apps log if it says anything....let me know

If all fails let me know and I will logon if you want and have a look

Hope your problems get resolved

Rav :LOL:

Last edited:
You needn't have Automatic Updates ON . Have it notify you and choose them yourself.

DOWNLOAD SPYBOT. its free andit works make sure your going to spybot . com there are a lot of ads that say they are spybot you could also hiy start then on the bottom right it says search hit search and all files and folders type in that windowsinstaller and when it is found delete it good luck i had to reboot to my original format

or try start run type in %msconfig% when start up programs list comes up uncheck the program you dont want