Trading Arcades have had their day

Has anyone heard of any Arcades over in Italy? I'm here for a bit and looked myself but couldn't find anything. Not even sure if they exist here but was thinking about pboyles's comment and perhaps might be worth the money for a while.

does the monthly desk fee increase as the size they let you trade increases? 1500 per month (or whatever it is) is obviously less significant to a 100 lot trader than to a 10 lot trader.

also, surely the best way to leverage your skills as a trader is to trade alot larger size than you could comfortably do on your own, ie use OPM?

kinda like buying a call option over your own ability...potential upside with none of the downside...your desk fee is like the premium you pay for that option

just a thought

quick question for u guys:

im trading from home using cqg and tt. only problem is i dont have a news feed. i spoke to ran sqwak who want 250 a month but i dont really want to pay that as i trade on technicals only and dont need fundamental data.

what i do need is to know when the news is coming out.....especially eurozone news which affects the bund. where can i get this for free. i dont need the commentary, i just need to know when its coming out so i stay away from the markets? i dont even mind if its delayed as long as i know that at 9am ifo or zew is coming out from germany.

you're help will be most appreciated.

im trading from home using cqg and tt. only problem is i dont have a news feed. i spoke to ran sqwak who want 250 a month but i dont really want to pay that as i trade on technicals only and dont need fundamental data.

what i do need is to know when the news is coming out.....especially eurozone news which affects the bund. where can i get this for free. i dont need the commentary, i just need to know when its coming out so i stay away from the markets? i dont even mind if its delayed as long as i know that at 9am ifo or zew is coming out from germany.

www.dailyfx.com

it has an economic data release calendar which you can d/l at the beginning of each week

www.forexfactory.com

Dont be fooled into thinking that by staying at home you are saving £1500 or £2000 a month. It all depends on what your profit will be at the arcade. If you are making £5000 a month now at home and can make £10k at the arcade then surely its worth going to the arcade if you dont mind the commuting.

For the desk fees etc will they also back you or allow you more leverage than you currently get at home?

Marex is a good arcade, one of the best the best in London. They have some big hitters on their floor.

Dont be fooled into thinking that by staying at home you are saving £1500 or £2000 a month. It all depends on what your profit will be at the arcade. If you are making £5000 a month now at home and can make £10k at the arcade then surely its worth going to the arcade if you dont mind the commuting.

For the desk fees etc will they also back you or allow you more leverage than you currently get at home?

Marex is a good arcade, one of the best the best in London. They have some big hitters on their floor.

How will trading from an arcade increase his P/L by 100% ? Yeah, Marex does have/did have a lot of big hitters but I know alot more that have left.

excellent thread pento. you seem like u really know ur stuff.

i was wondering if i could ask ur advice on something (and others also welcome)?

ive actually been speaking to marex. ive heard its where the big boys trade.

a few notes about me. i am a scalper and am looking for the bund to make a move. i am looking to make 5 ticks and prepared to lose 2 and i do about 20 trades a day. Rumours and so dont make any difference to me. i only care about where its going in the next 30 mins.

few questions for you though:

1. do u think i could make more money at marex than at home? and why if so?

2. do u think i will learn anything at marex? ie. from other traders as i heard its each to their own over there?

3. what would you suggest is the best way for me to improve my trading?

How will trading from an arcade increase his P/L by 100% ?

If at home he funds his own account and can trade say 1 lot max in the bund going through an internet based broker who wants £1000 per lot. At the arcade he could negotiate a better deal where his £1000 lets him trade 2 lots. These figures aren't accurate but just to give an idea of how his P/L possibly could double.

Also some arcades will back you with their own money. So if he can prove he is profitable they may put down £5000 and let him trade up to 10 lots, thereby his P/L will increase (not by 10 as the arcade will take a cut compared to him at home alone taking 100% of profits for himself).

few questions for you though:

1. do u think i could make more money at marex than at home? and why if so?

2. do u think i will learn anything at marex? ie. from other traders as i heard its each to their own over there?

3. what would you suggest is the best way for me to improve my trading?

1. Its not guaranteed but I'd think it was safe to assume you would make more at marex or another arcade. Explained it in the point above. A lot depends on whether they will back you or provide better leverage. If they won't then the benefits are reduced.

2. Some places the traders all talk and share ideas at other firms it's each to his own. But even if that is the case, you do at least get the atmosphere of a trading floor and usually can get an idea of what positions other people in the room have on.

3. Talk to other people about trading, exchange ideas as this is the best way to learn new trading styles. A lot of trial and error is needed to find a good solid strategy.

Im trading at home but dont have any live news facilities. i have spoken to ran sqwak but they want 300 which i deem expensive.

i am trying to keep my costs down. i pay 180 for esignal and 500 for tt.

i dont trade off news or fundamentals but purely technical off the charts.

is this dangerous? do i need the live news? if so is there a cheaper way of getting it?

of course i am on bloomberg every day to see what data is coming out for the week and close my positions before news is leaked.

if it is imperative that i have live news flow i will get it but i just wanted you traders ideas on trading without it?

many thanks

I think it depends on the type of trading you are doing. If it's day trading and your trading some size it helps to have the daily squwark on. Often times the market moves and the squwark gives an explanation for it, which can confirm your own technical analysis.

I look upon them as the eyes and ears of fundemental information, in addition to one's own research.

Announcements of Sales of Bond auctions, or a particular large Company or institutions in trouble providing an explanation of a massive sell off or surge in price. They often announce details and figures that Bloomberg or CNBC don't due to their U.S centred broadcasting, i.e a lot of european news.

I believe the reall costs in trading from are the Round Trips. If you trade from home via an Acrade that should bring it down somewhat.

Hopes that helps.

First Call are quite good, and only £150.00 pm in one month the squwark should pay for it's self.

thanks for the quick response.

im going directly through the broker. no arcade involved.

i tried googling first call but didnt come up with anything.

do u what their website is?

thanks

Rather than the Gib/Sotogrande option, I would prefer Marbella/Banus.
BUT, is it possible to get a fast and stable line ? And are there any trading rooms, as I don't want to sit alone 8 hours a day !
Thanks

hi mate

u told me about first call sqwak a while back.

they have quoted me £150 p/m.

i have also spoken to ran sqwak who have quoted £350 p/m.

Is there much difference between the two?

Thanks

hi guys,

a question for all u futures day traders.

i too am using a broker and trading from home.

tt@$625 and eSignal at £180 = £560 p/m......not bad

i am currently trading bunds using candlesticks.

a mate of mine uses market profile and swears by it.

i wanted to know what the majority of u guys use? candlesticks or profile?

is it worthwhile to have both up or will that be too much info?

any responses would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Last edited:
hi guys,

a question for all u futures day traders.

i too am using a broker and trading from home.

tt@$625 and eSignal at £180 = £560 p/m......not bad

i am currently trading bunds using candlesticks.

a mate of mine uses market profile and swears by it.

i wanted to know what the majority of u guys use? candlesticks or profile?

is it worthwhile to have both up or will that be too much info?

any responses would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

When you decided to use TT ( from home) did you also think about CQG?
I am bit confused about which gives low latency for a home user
If I am using spreader it seems CQG since it is co located with CME is a better choice
Is it?
Appreciate any help

not sure to be honest with u. the majority of the big boys use tt. cqg for charting only.
dont know anything about spreading