Trading arcades outside of London

JTrader

Trading arcades around the UK outside of London

Hi

just as a matter of interest, I'm wondering what cities and towns in the UK besides London have trading arcades/rooms? This is not because I'm about to go to one, I'm just wondering how widespread they are.

I suppose the term trading arcade could cover a range of places, from very formal operations such as Refco etc. with 200 or so seats, where traders may be part or fully funded. To smaller operations perhaps owned and run by one person with seats for 20+ traders, where all traders must be self-funded.

Besides naming the location, any info about ownership, the size, capacity and quality of the trading room/arcade in terms of facilities available etc. is also useful.

Many thanks

jtrader.

Last edited:
Refco also have small satellite offices in Brentwood and Brighton, also Futex are out of the city and I'm sure there are others too.

Not sure about capacities etc.

Thanks so far. What about leeds, sheffield, manchester, liverpool, birmingham, nottingham, leicester, hull, newcastle, edinburgh, glasgow, aberdeen, norwich, exeter, oxford, cambridge, bradford, stirling, york, lancaster etc.
All 'major' cities and towns, does anyone know if any of these places have trading arcades? ring any bells?

Cheers

jtrader.

oustide of London they are few and far between, certainly not in every city. Have you looked in the prop/arcade directory in the Traderpedia? its a fairly definitive compilation.

www.trade2win.com/traderpedia/Trading_Arcade_Index

unless you are thinking of smaller trading rooms with just a couple of guys that wouldnt fall into the category of a bureaux. Not sure how you'd track places like this down though. But if they are so small that they dont have an exchange gateway, would you really want to trade there anyway?

Thanks Arbitrageur

what is"exchange gateway", who can have one etc. can a home based trader?

Dublin, woking weybridge, shenfield, colchester, bromley, Chislehurst, Margaretting and Kingston-upon-Thames are places with trading arcades outside of London listed in the traderpedia. All in the south east.

jtrader.

jtrader said:
what is"exchange gateway", who can have one etc. can a home based trader?

an exchange gateway is a server provided by the exchange with a direct connection to their system for the dissemination of data and the receipt of orders.

Doesnt go via the internet, and allows you <10-20ms latency for receipt of orders to the exchange and receipt of data to you from the exchange.

Accessible to anyone with deep pockets - costs something like £20k to setup and a four figure monthly cost for connection - an economy of scale for an arcade, generally not economical for anyone else.

Stone Futures Trading Ltd
DARTFORD (DA1)
www.stonefutures.com
01322 312399
Rates from £450 p/m
Stone Futures is a well-established Proprietary Firm which provides direct market access to all of the major exchanges offering a range of front end trading systems. We have established successful business relationships with the Intercontinental Exchange (ICE), Eurex, London Metals Exchange (LME), CME Group and the Liffe (Nyse Euronext) markets.

All Traders that utilise our trading arcade, will have access to:
• No city commuting!!!
• Same day access to your profits
• No splits!!!
• Very Competitive lot commission
• A fully equipped office
• An experienced support team
• Superior Customer Service
• A workstation set up to high specification … (two 19” screens)
• The trading system of your choice
• Relevant and up-to-date market news feeds
• Stone Futures own in-house Squawk Service .. ..information in ‘real time’

Please call Tony Andrews on 07951717740 or 01322 312399 if you have any questions or you would like to arrange a visit to the arcade.

Shouldnt you have added your own name with that telephone number MichelleK ? seems like a commercial post..or SPAM