London Arcades Knowledge Dump

Sharky

Admin
5,648 440
No, I don't think it's advertising. So no objection to including them per sé. It's really a question of getting people to share the information, and making it easy to navigate the various different arcades. When they are all listed with their information on one page, it's simple to scroll down. Ideally we should have an interactive tool, that you can re-order the arcades/brokers/software etc by one of any number of criteria. But in the meantime you just need to be aware of the limitations of what can be achieved by the Traderpedia.

TWI

2,536 254
Why doesn't somebody from T2W go and interview some of the directors of the arcade companies and let them answer a fixed set of questions. This can be done in person or via e-mail. I do not think the guys would mind doing it provided you put who they are, and the shop they are from. Often these guys get bad press from people who have been unhappy when they found it a lot tougher than they thought they would
and didn't make it or guys who genuinely got scr*wed.
All it takes is for somebody to write the list of questions out.
Once that is dumped then the rating discussion can begin.
A list of arcades with contact details can be found on Liffe website.

charliechan

Experienced member
1,008 119
twalker said:
Why doesn't somebody from T2W go and interview some of the directors of the arcade companies and let them answer a fixed set of questions. This can be done in person or via e-mail. I do not think the guys would mind doing it provided you put who they are, and the shop they are from. Often these guys get bad press from people who have been unhappy when they found it a lot tougher than they thought they would
and didn't make it or guys who genuinely got scr*wed.
All it takes is for somebody to write the list of questions out.
Once that is dumped then the rating discussion can begin.
A list of arcades with contact details can be found on Liffe website.

good idea,

i dont think the average grad or t2w member/mod will know what sort of questions they should be asking - one reason why some kids get in such a pickle as you point out.

perhaps someone with some experience could lend a hand.

a similar thing has been done on www.elitetrader.com

do a search for the user LRD. he is a journalist has has interviewed sonny at sta, chris morris at saxon, and a few others from gcho etc.

mintoze

14 0
Originally Posted by twalker

"A list of arcades with contact details can be found on Liffe website."

Sorry am unable to locate; can you help please? Many thanks.

Directional

Experienced member
1,992 251
the list has been copied and added to in the Traderpedia on this site, with links to the LIFFE entries also

Sharky

Admin
5,648 440
Looks good Arbitrageur - and I agree linking to it's own page makes sense, in so far as much more detailed information can be provided. The question remains, whether we'll eventually add these instead as a resource to the Knowledge Lab, along with all other companies and services. But for the time being it would serve as a valuable to collect information that can always be used later in a different format if requried. It's just a question of getting people interested in contributing - that's the tough part!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock