Trading and meditation

Hello all!!!

I'm a new subscriber to this forum. I'm a day trader with great trading rules. I make tons of money on paper and simulator, but once trading live, I freeze. Fear and greed take over my trading rules. I was told to meditate to overcome my fears and turn my emotions in my favor. Any suggestions?

Hello all!!!

I'm a new subscriber to this forum. I'm a day trader with great trading rules. I make tons of money on paper and simulator, but once trading live, I freeze. Fear and greed take over my trading rules. I was told to meditate to overcome my fears and turn my emotions in my favor. Any suggestions?

yes - stop spamming

Hello all!!!

It is about fear of losing money and fear of being wrong. You need to accept that sometimes you will be right and other times you will be wrong. Also try trading with a smaller amount. Nobody can trade without losing some money. Focus on calming the mind and just taking the signal.

Shadowninja, thanks for the advise. That is exactly my problem and fears. I'm looking for a way to train my mind to overcome those fears. Perhaps in your ninja warrior wisdom you can shed some light to me....or us who need it.

sorry i dont have time to read the thread.

I did a transendental meditation course 2 years ago. Did not stick to the 2 meditations per day after a coupla months. HAve started again now. I dontknow what to make of it. I can see it having benefits.
David Lynch swears by it. You need a mantra, so need to do course maybe. THers alot of mumbo jumbo talk but it could be good.

Often feels like time wasting though.

I use the term "meditation" to mean my mind is in a silent state. The "practice" means I have learned to be this way through long periods of silent moments. We all know the saying of "trend is out friend". I simply use this silence to "not judge" the markets movements but to simply be aware of its current state. I come to a state of stillness when I sit down at my screen. Regardless of what is going on in my personal life or the current state of the markets, being at my screen is my still, comfortable place. I am able to make better decisions. If my choices are right, great! If my choices are wrong, no big deal, I'll just adjust and go on. Hope this helps put it into a "simple" perspective.

3 C`s = Confidence, Concentration, Consistency

4 Cs surely ?

and c*nts (if available)

Last edited:
Hello,
I meditate in past and during my examinations. it helps me to keep my mind cool and of peace in examination so that i can study. so i think it is helpful in some ways.

good luck!!