Tradestation features

fundjunkie

All,
I'm considering Tradestation as a purchase. Can someone outline the differences between the various current version of Tradestation, e.g. 2000i, 2000i Pro, version 8 etc.

Also, I have particular requirements from any software that I may buy. And if I'm gonna have to pay big money for a package I want to be sure it ticks all the boxes on my list of requirements:

- A quality user interface
- Ability to screen on a wide range of both technical *and* fundamental criteria
- A wide range of indicators and the ability to create custom indicators. Note: Does TS support sentiment indicators?
- A large number of prebuilt systems including more exotic stuff (to me anyway) like buy-write systems etc.
- Ability to create and test systems against one or a portfolio of stocks, indices or derivitives. Backtesting over the longest time period would be a big bonus too. How much historic data is provided by TS?
- Ability to paper trade and maintain a history (hey, I'm lazy!)
- Ability to analyze trading performance.
- A good money management facility - money management is something I'm becoming increasingly aware of the importance of 'cos I'm thinking about using margin accounts.
- Ability to perform options screening and analysis and monte carlo risk analysis.
- A good level of support as i try to climb the learning curve.

Does Tradestation do all of this? Am I looking for too much in a package?

Thx in Advance,
D

p.s. I'll use the software for EOD trading at first. Real time intra-day comes later if I continue to do okay and want to expand my trading horizons further.

You would be best emailing Tradestation direct or calling and ask them. Some of what you want is available in TS2000i but some I am not sure of because I have never had the need to try and use it.

Paul

TS8.1 will have a service pack release next month allowing 3rd party data to be used. This will finally allow the latest enhancements to be used with any data.