Traders Wanted - The Tibra Group

does anyone know if i can apply for a job in australia? is a special work permit required? would tibra consider my application in australia?

hey john_almighty

i ve been waiting for 2 months too:( . i lost hope tbh

Hey don't lose hope. They shall contact people by the end of this month or the beginning of next month. Thats what they told my friend who wrote to them recently. We are all in similar boats I guess.

Do you know when you would be able to send out the new online exams. I have been selected and have been asked to wait till the new online exam is redone .. I have been waiting for almost 2 months now and havent heard back anything yet. Any clue would be appreciated.

hey john_almighty

i ve been waiting for 2 months too:( . i lost hope tbh

I applied last week and got a reply saying the online testing will be available in 6 - 8 weeks, and that they'll be contcting candidates then, so don't give up hope just yet.

I just wrote them with my resume. but tbh, i dont think they look at my resume but just auto replied. it always says 6-8 weeks.

hi,
i am the original poster (and CEO)...i understand it is tough to wait for a response, but please keep in mind we are processing thousands of applications at present while also developing a second generation screening and testing system...

It is very important to us to get the new testing and screening processes right before we tackle the backlog...

at present our next intakes are full but we will most likely add intakes if we get enough high quality candidates...

hope that helps and best of luck with your applications

To be honest au959, this is where the entire trading and money management world is going wrong. Next Gen testing and screening in order to make hiring more efficient is letting the leeches get into the system, the greed mongers and those people who seem to not be able to do the job properly (I am not judging you or your company merely making a statement on the current situation of the financial companies who are involved in trading). You do some academic test, which unless you are an algorithm trader, is useless to whether or not you will be successful. Secondly, you make the whole process non personal. Thus you do not get a feel for the person, who t hey are and whether they would be suitable for a trading position. Just because some hot shot grad can process numbers in his head, doesn't mean he will be a good trader.

I'd suggest you guys limit the number of people you actually take into the process, like say 30, and do personal interviews, and find the candidate that 'feels' right. I am not that person, as I trade spot FX and have no real interest in being a market maker (anymore after research).

Good luck to all who applied, but to be honest, the current hiring process at all prop firms in aus is garbage. And just a cutting corners process.

You do some academic test, which unless you are an algorithm trader, is useless to whether or not you will be successful. Secondly, you make the whole process non personal. Thus you do not get a feel for the person, who t hey are and whether they would be suitable for a trading position. Just because some hot shot grad can process numbers in his head, doesn't mean he will be a good trader.

I'd suggest you guys limit the number of people you actually take into the process, like say 30, and do personal interviews, and find the candidate that 'feels' right.

I'm sorry TaKiii but I completely disagree with you. The whole point of the academic barrier test is to assess whether you will be able to cope with the kind of maths/logic arbitrage traders need to deal with on a daily basis. It's a prequisite - The basic skills you need. Trades deal with numbers and pressure every day. If you read, it's designed by their traders so it's entirely relevant.

If you read the next stages are where the firm will decided whether the candidate 'feels-right' as you put it. Face to face interviews, this is where it becomes personal. I think your claim that it is impersonal is wrong. I think any firm that allows you to trade with it's own funds is going to want to understand the person you vompletely even down to what you like to eat for breakfast!

I would guess that firms like Tibra get thousands, if not tens of thousands of applicants and you say limit the people to get interviews to 30!?! Please enlighten us all as to how you would do this without any sort of entry test??

Give the recruiters a break, stop whining and just put in the hours to pass these entry tests.

I'm sorry TaKiii but I completely disagree with you. The whole point of the academic barrier test is to assess whether you will be able to cope with the kind of maths/logic arbitrage traders need to deal with on a daily basis. It's a prequisite - The basic skills you need. Trades deal with numbers and pressure every day. If you read, it's designed by their traders so it's entirely relevant.

If you read the next stages are where the firm will decided whether the candidate 'feels-right' as you put it. Face to face interviews, this is where it becomes personal. I think your claim that it is impersonal is wrong. I think any firm that allows you to trade with it's own funds is going to want to understand the person you vompletely even down to what you like to eat for breakfast!

I would guess that firms like Tibra get thousands, if not tens of thousands of applicants and you say limit the people to get interviews to 30!?! Please enlighten us all as to how you would do this without any sort of entry test??

Give the recruiters a break, stop whining and just put in the hours to pass these entry tests.

What I hate most is why the first round competency based interview ( after the test) was only face to face with an HR without any other people who knows what trading is. The HR always gave ridiculous reasons to reject people. Those HR don't care and they don't know if you r a talent for trading, all what they wanna do is just finish their job quickly. And the HR who rejected me after the competency based interview told me that I should never apply for Tibra again. What kind of B I T C H she is!!!!!!!!!! Is Tibra Capital treating people just like that??????

hi,
i am the original poster (and CEO)...i understand it is tough to wait for a response, but please keep in mind we are processing thousands of applications at present while also developing a second generation screening and testing system...

It is very important to us to get the new testing and screening processes right before we tackle the backlog...

at present our next intakes are full but we will most likely add intakes if we get enough high quality candidates...

What I hate most is why the first round competency based interview ( after the test) was only face to face with an HR without any other people who knows what trading is. The HR always gave ridiculous reasons to reject people. Those HR don't care and they don't know if you r a talent for trading, all what they wanna do is just finish their job quickly. And the HR who rejected me after the competency based interview told me that I should never apply for Tibra again. What kind of B I T C H she is!!!!!!!!!! Is Tibra Capital treating people just like that??????

You have to remember that you are going to get hired by people, and hiring is more than about how well you do things.

If you've been working and managing people for some time you will understand. It is not really about you can do things or not. Anyone with some mathematical skills can do those arbitrage jobs, and there are loads of people out there. They also want people that THEY THINK are easy to get along with.

Not saying you are someone hard to get along with, but if you can't get that impression to them you are over.

You have to remember that you are going to get hired by people, and hiring is more than about how well you do things.

If you've been working and managing people for some time you will understand. It is not really about you can do things or not. Anyone with some mathematical skills can do those arbitrage jobs, and there are loads of people out there. They also want people that THEY THINK are easy to get along with.

Not saying you are someone hard to get along with, but if you can't get that impression to them you are over.

Thanks, that makes sense. But still I had interview with some companies, their first round interview were involved both HR and a trader. Because traders are working together, rather than traders and HR working in a team, it's not perfectly normal for just an HR to make a decision.

Thanks, that makes sense. But still I had interview with some companies, their first round interview were involved both HR and a trader. Because traders are working together, rather than traders and HR working in a team, it's not perfectly normal for just an HR to make a decision.

Mate, I think you need to get the F over yourself.
one particular company rejected you. don't kill yourself.

Get over it and move on, its one of many trading firms out there.
If you actually are a quality candidate, you will find a trading job somewhere, and if you don't then you clearly aren't a quality candidate as much as you may think you are.

(y)

Edit: My post is applicable to both mensatrader and TaKii.

"Good luck to all who applied, but to be honest, the current hiring process at all prop firms in aus is garbage"

This quote is a giant crock of Sh*t as well.

I've nearly completed the hiring process with one Australian prop firm. I have found every part of it relevant. I think you just have sour grapes.

AU959 - Pl clarify

hi,

Hi Au959,

Thanks for your regular updates on the forum, but to better manage the expectations of hundreds/thousands who have been invited for online tests and are waiting for the online testing to commence since weeks, could you pl. answer the following:

a) How many more weeks to go for online test to recommence? (I know you have mentioned you are trying to get the process right, but some approximation on number of weeks will be really helpful)
b) When do you expect the people to start, if selected, since you say, you have already hired the next intake batch? Is there any other batch apart from your september intake?

Look forward to your reply.

Last edited:
To Au959:
thanx for the reply. I perfectly understand that the system has to be accurate and effective. And it may sound better if there are some updates in the auto reply email instead of saying 6 to 8 weeks all the time. because we do put thoughts when applying. thank you :).

I've applied for a trader position in Amsterdam, I received a mail explaining they are creating an online test. Is there an insider here who perhaps knows when testing will be possible?

Hi AU959,

I have just applied for a trader position at Tibra and other trading firms. However, I just read the news about Tibra is now being sued by Optiver for copyright infringement. I'm just wondering if that would affect the recuritment process? Is tibra still a safe firm to work for as a graduate. Thx.

may i ask how the turnover of this Triba company is at this current crisis? Not being rude, just a curiosity?