Traders magazine

TKM

Very difficult to choose between the two which is why I continue to subscribe both. AT is slightly more colourful.

You'll find detailed reviews on the front page under Review section.

I have a spare copy of new Traders' Mag if anybody wants it. PM me with details if interested.

Marcus.

I know Trader's Mag tend to give complimentary copies. Does anyone know whether Active Trader and/or TASC do as well?

Cheers

hi just got my traders mag 4 jan-feb i got 2 mag both the same. i know i am thick this take the p???. :rolleyes: LOL

Traders Mag

Has anyone received their latest copy of Traders Mag?

I thought it was supposed to be out last week...Haven't received mine yet

Trader mag

can someone tell me the name of the distributor of trader mag, i'd like to read a couple of issues to see is it worthwhile subscribing.

thx

doyler

Readers 3000, Circulation 28 million, to judge by the absolute flood of copies you get once they know about you.
Dave

Sep/Oct Edition

Anyone got a spare copy of the Sep/Oct issue of Traders Mag? Please PM me if you do. Many thanks!

Err don't want to jump on Kardinal's band-wagon but I wouldn't mind a scan of any past issues this year if anyone has spare copies they could part with.

If you do let me know by PM - thanks

Sorry Fastnet,
binned the lot a week ago during a clearout. Articles continue to look quite good, but they seem determined to present articles from advertisers - from personal experience I know they email past article writers and advertisers soliciting copy, and I think some of what they publish is unduly uncritical. Didn't Clem Chambers write that it was all random walk, and TA ought not work, quite recently? This time round he's promoting spread betting - damned if I can see how to trade that on Fundamentals. (Random walk, by the way, has been poo pooed by the academics who found it to be valid... seems they spotted that their tests were only valid in trending markets.... oops, TA works then, what a surprise!)

The dividing line between advertiser and article writer is not sufficiently defined, nor spelled out - I think it's quite reprehensible that an article should appear from someone with a vested interest in what they are reviewing. Some sections of the mag are regularly filled by advertisers in that field who just happen to sell the item the review focuses on... a trader with some experience will recognise these dodgy items, but I pity anyone coming to this mag from newbieville who thinks they are reading unbiased content.

This is a pity, as some of the content is pretty good, many articles are interesting - but it can be the absolute devil to decide which bits have a commercial bias to them!

What a surprise, traders need to watch what they pay for as all is not what it seems....

Dave

Kardinal said:
Anyone got a spare copy of the Sep/Oct issue of Traders Mag? Please PM me if you do. Many thanks!

i got a spare copy mate ....:p .......
..................................................................only joking ....hee hee :p

( p.s...sorry couldnt resist it ...whaaaaoooo) :p

DaveJB - no worries- maybe there'll be other copies floating about? anyone?

WRT the articles I agree entirely. For some reason I have suddenly received the Nov issue. The interviews are great as is the ''5 age old trading strategies'' article. The only of these I was not familiar with was Jeff Cooper's Lizzards. It looks like LBR's turtle soup to me - well, based on anyway. But, this kind of thing is interesting. I agree much of the mag is stuffed with articles of dubious merit and motive. There was even an article by Darren Winters last year. . . newbies beware indeed!!

Stopped taking it when the free copies ended. :devilish:

I won't pay for a mag. in which only 10% is unbiased interesting reading.

Agree the content is pretty ****ty. It's still OK for the price though. Wasn't there supposed to be a free book of choice to subscribers. I've seen no sign of that. I think they still advertise that deal. I don't get a thousand copies any more - just the one. I have to take it in turns reading with my left eye and right eye - before I could read a copy with both at the same time - I thought that's why I got two!