Traders Day 5th July

Mails have gone out today. If you haven't got one then I don't have a form from you.

Last minute change to program. Unfortunately Roger is now unable to make the day, so Bob Debnam has very kindly agreed to extend his session on backtesting systems.

Thanks Helen,

I look forward to meeting a lot of t2w members on Sat.

Naz

Hi folks,

I had a lovely day yesterday, it's always good to meet people face to face. (Naz is much better looking than his photo on here!). I can't tell you yet how much we raised for the childrens heart charity but it's certainly over £300 :)

I think every presentation gave me something to think about and work on over the next six months. It's terrific that the community here can offer us such a fantastic quality of experience and range of approaches. I really enjoyed the trading game, not least just for watching how similar to watching a crowd at a horse race it was! Oh and yes, I'll have to say this "JOHNS TEAM WON!!" Well done guys :)

I've had a brief glance through the evaluations and I'll do a proper write up when I get a bit more time. Comments were almost universally positive. One or two saying the food was a bit minimal, problem with that is we'd have to increase costs if people wanted a bigger/better lunch.

I'm looking for a venue in the Luton/Northampton area for January. We need a room and three lots of tea/coffee and lunch for £15 a head. That tends to exclude most hotels etc. If anyone knows of anywhere please let me know ASAP.

Cheers and thanks once again :)

I had an absolutely terrific day and enjoyed meeting so many experienced T2W members.

The depth of knowledge and experience of the presenters was very impressive; the information and techniques conveyed were clearly presented, most informative and interesting.

Of course all of this would not have possible without the hard work put in by Helen over the past few months.

I am sure other T2W members will join me to thank Helen for organizing a truly enjoyable event. :D

Thanks Helen and all the participants for a really good day. Enjoyed speaking to many traders and wish I could have found more time to speak to everyone. It is surprising the wealth of views and methods which are so freely discussed and expanded upon at these events.

Yet again a superb set of presentations by knowledgable presenters. Can't say i understood all parts of it though - what is an option strangle again :)

Oh and thanks to Ftsebeater for putting up with our threats of FSA actions during the trading competition. Quite an enjoyable exercise. Interesting part of this from a team perspective was that out of 6 people on the team we didn't get a full consensus once for each of our trades. Also interesting was that we all picked up different things from the chart.

Roll on the next one.

Last edited:
Yes it was a great day. Thanks again, Helen!

I'm just sorry that Mark didn't acknowledge my team's valiant efforts to lose more than enyone else in the trading competition!

Hi Helen

Thank you for arranging everything and another success :D

JP

The threats of FSA action was worrying, especially as I was operating under the FTSE Beater Honest Brokerage name ;)

I take your point about people not being able to agree on things they saw. I heard a number of discussion and I have to say I loved hearing the arguments from both sides. :)

GreyingSurfer

Sorry GS, I should have said a very big thank you to your team as I was taking the opposite side of your trades :cheesy: ;)

Thanks once again Helen.

A massive thank you to Helen and the presenters for a great Traders Day yesterday There was something new to be learned from every presentation and I came away with a load of ideas and refinements to try out and research further. Pity everywhere is so far from the West Country though. Also nice to meet so many of the traders who were previously just names on this board. Roll on the next Traders Day!

Below, RogerM, Naz and FTSE Beater

Attachments

• rogerm naz & ftse beater.jpg
    rogerm naz & ftse beater.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 349
Last edited:
I would like to add my thanks to Helen and all the presenters for an enjoyable and informative day.

Jim

They're a serious lot, these traders!

Attachments

• group 1.jpg
    group 1.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 271
Hi Roger,

I hope someone got some shots of the room during the game, I think the contrast would be quite marked :)

Oh Dear, Oh Dear

Caught in the cardinal sin (so I'm told by Mrs Mike) of wearing brown shoes and black trousers.

Seriously though, a great day and thanks once again to Helen, FTSEBTR, and the speakers for all their efforts