Trader Formerly Known as China Diapers...

6099-darktone-albums-general-6-picture4690-william.jpg

Second that , absolute gem ...

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 144
Squeaky bum time

It's been a disaster, I made 12.5% on my account. Better than the money sitting in the bank, but I was expecting a bit more. At one point my account was up 58%

Three positions stopped out since I started this thread. I will post charts but I won't go into details as I doubt nobody is really that interested and if you are, I am sure you will ask.

TLW: bought bozo breakout on higher volume. A flag thingy then formed and I was expecting another break higher (upthrusts should have convinced me otherwise in hindsight). When the bottom of the flag pattern broke I got out before I got stopped out for a small loss.

I know PAH3 and VOW are highly correlated, but I couldn't resist trading both

VOW: I entered three trades before the breakout where I added another giving me a substantial position. Swing low formed with higher high and I moved all stops below the low, and got stopped out. If this trade had gone the distance I would be in the £££.

PAH3: Entered on the breakout then added at a swing low with hammer at "PPZ". Added another where an inside bar formed hugging the trendline. That last trades was ballsy and got stopped out. I was getting cocky and would not take it if I was to come across another similar situation, however it was only 1.25% risk. As with VOW moved stops under swing low following higher high and got stopped out.

There was a lot of news and fundamentals at play throughout these trades, but as I don't pay attention to the fundamentals, and try avoid the news, it is not relevant.

On the whole apart from the dodgy PAH3 trade I think I executed my plan well. I held my nerve when I had a running profit of 14k and did not grab the profit and run. Some might it show s a defect in my plan to come away with so little, well lets talk about that. I may need to think about where I am placing my targets which is far more art than science.

It's a shame I couldn't have got another swing low in or even hit target but then this trading business would be too easy.

Account balance £27,250.

Attachments

• TLW_SMALL.png
    TLW_SMALL.png
    52 KB · Views: 159
  • TLW_BIG.png
    TLW_BIG.png
    60.6 KB · Views: 244
  • P&L_070217.png
    P&L_070217.png
    40.7 KB · Views: 233
  • PAH3_SMALL.png
    PAH3_SMALL.png
    64.4 KB · Views: 227
  • PAH3_BIG.png
    PAH3_BIG.png
    66.8 KB · Views: 225
  • VOW2.png
    VOW2.png
    42 KB · Views: 210
  • VOW_BIG.png
    VOW_BIG.png
    66.6 KB · Views: 229
  • VOW_SMALL.png
    VOW_SMALL.png
    65.5 KB · Views: 208
Oh yes, both VOW and PAH3 reversed at the opening of gaps. I don't know what to do with that information, just an observation.

Oh yes, both VOW and PAH3 reversed at the opening of gaps. I don't know what to do with that information, just an observation.

Interesting trades, china. You let them run back a bit :). If price doesn't hold when gap closes but keeps going it's generally a bad sign I think and maybe worth tightening stops up.

Interesting trades, china. You let them run back a bit :). If price doesn't hold when gap closes but keeps going it's generally a bad sign I think and maybe worth tightening stops up.

I did let them run back a bit, more in equity than anything else. The third VOW trade had a high R:R potential and was rather large at it's peak.

Fair point regarding the closed gaps, I thought the price was going to retrace then blast right through.

Aud/chf

I had been watching AUD/CHF for some time.

Got a breakout last month, moved my stop to BE too soon and got stopped out last night.

Now watch as this pair trends upwards for the next few months.

Attachments

• Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    52.3 KB · Views: 145
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    101 KB · Views: 209