Trade what you see, not what you think....

I agree that keeping an eye on costs is important but they do fall into the category of "performance statistics" On their own, they can only marginally improve the bottom line.

If you trade few times a Q then yes it is marginal and it doesn't make a difference , but if you trade a few times a day then you need to set down with yourself for a moment ...

That is where intuition and sixth sense comes in , knowing the beats and your instrument ,knowing when and what to scalp .60 to 70 % of the time ,scalping pips is very easy , by doing with the support of the market.This is done without using position size variations , which if done correctly can increase daily profits.

A similar scalping method was used here with eas , but humans can do it better.It made 145k in 3 months , like 6,000 % a year.

Participants - Automated Trading Championship 2008

The more you skim out of the market , the better your odds.If you keep taking 5 pips ,30 to 40 times a day , the better your odds.It is not about giving more , but taking more.

Attachments

• set sail for fail.png
    set sail for fail.png
    322.2 KB · Views: 240
Differences in methodology then would certainly produce different outcomes.
The reason nobody declares profits and verification then is that they are unsure of themselves and that they have the best method as compared to another, and they are not about to expose themselves just in case :LOL:

Meh, I have no such qualms in this area. I am the greatest, and I have to believe this, and you better believe it too. etc etc.

Macho Hombre

mucho filez winners.

everyone has losing traders, so where are yours amigo? what size are your losing traders?

not having small losers to me is a sign that some considerable risk is being taken but then again I could be completely wrong as there is not enough info.

caso en punto. If I start with a £10,000 account and bet £10 per point using a 1000 point stop I am likely to have a string of winners like yours, if I blow out I dont show the statement as tail between my pierna.

explicar please

I don't see much value to be had by moving the discussion on to costs.
Concentrate on the business.

Didn't intend to move the discussion just an observation .Without the Bid-Ask markets and trading doesn't exist !

Didn't intend to move the discussion just an observation .Without the Bid-Ask markets and trading doesn't exist !

Indeed.

In fact, it's impossible to not have a spread 'cause as soon as the best bid is the same price as the best offer, they trade, leaving a spread after the trade.

There is no price in the market, there's 2.

Not sure if CV is going to be about for a bit, but I can vouch for the fact that he's outstripped your 80 :)

Last time I was privy to such a thing was dear old socrates who I saw go to 54 without so much as a glimmer of red at any stage :D

Have you seen them posting live calls?

Why the fascination with long streaks of winners?

When you take a trade, you do it based on the information to hand.

A retailer, trading outright positions will never know 100% that a trade will work out, nor will they know exactly how far it will go if it does work out. Anything can happen after you enter a trade (Angela Merkel still makes my spine tingle the loud mouthed b*****).

With this in mind, when someone has 100 winners in a row, they were either lucky, lying, cheating or taking excessive risk.

That is not to say they weren't good. Just that no-one is that good because the markets are uncertain or they would no longer provide the opportunities they do.

This isn't something you should even aspire to IMO.

Last edited:
:rolleyes:

I'll just let you know this.

Already it's possible that I will need to shoot myself.:LOL:

Now run along get creative and busy, for it's the only way your going to get anywhere.

As long as you show the spoils before you pull the trigger, I should be satisfied. I think all my creative parts are already done. I am in the implementation, refinement, and reflex training phase. Nothing to do but to wait for the market to open.

I don't see much value to be had by moving the discussion on to costs.
Concentrate on the business.

Well, most people here think they have made it when they get 20 pips. So the cost of business takes a signification bite. This is why the cost is such a major factor in their consciousness. Going by your trades, you are merely a couple of steps more evolved than they are. So your costs are still high enough to be significant. There is really only one way to lower the costs. But it ain't easy to take that way, even though that's the true way towards the spoils.

As long as you show the spoils before you pull the trigger, I should be satisfied. I think all my creative parts are already done. I am in the implementation, refinement, and reflex training phase. Nothing to do but to wait for the market to open.

Well, most people here think they have made it when they get 20 pips. So the cost of business takes a signification bite. This is why the cost is such a major factor in their consciousness. Going by your trades, you are merely a couple of steps more evolved than they are. So your costs are still high enough to be significant. There is really only one way to lower the costs. But it ain't easy to take that way, even though that's the true way towards the spoils.

Book me on your next course/training seminar on your sixth sense trading education , something which those martial arts are fighting on.

sixth sense - definition of sixth sense by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

. . . Now you're just the same old crazy coot who is less funny and I don't understand why it's tolerated by the moderators if I'm honest.

Hi random,
I'll try and answer your (very well made) point. Over the years, many members have thrown up their hands in horror at the drivel that gets posted and wondered why Admin' or the Mods tolerate it. Here's why . . .

As you know, T2W is a forum that's free for anyone to join. Who are we (i.e. staff, moderators etc.) to say one member's point of view is more or less valid than another? Anyone can say anything - regardless of how daft it may be in the eyes of the majority. Freedom of speech rules the day - so long as it respects the site's guidelines. T2W relies upon members such as your good self to highlight the flaws in the arguments put forward by members who are less well informed, knowledgeable and experienced than you.

Anyone reading this thread - or any other on T2W come to that - is then free to make up their own minds and listen to you, or me, or 15 min tlb or any other member. If a member chooses to take on board one member's view of the markets in preference to another - no matter how 'off-piste' it may be - that's their decision and they're free to make it. The only caveat of course is that they accept responsibility for their decisions and subsequent actions - however good or bad they may prove to be.

Tim.

Macho Hombre

mucho filez winners.

everyone has losing traders, so where are yours amigo? what size are your losing traders?

not having small losers to me is a sign that some considerable risk is being taken but then again I could be completely wrong as there is not enough info.

caso en punto. If I start with a £10,000 account and bet £10 per point using a 1000 point stop I am likely to have a string of winners like yours, if I blow out I dont show the statement as tail between my pierna.

explicar please

I refer the honorable gentleman to post 225:LOL:

Additionally,
One should try to maintain balance when trading in the markets. There are always two sides to the markets, but the majority (loosers) only ever look one way. Now if they only look one way, then I guarantee that they will only ever be 50/50 traders at best, (this assumes they become proficient in the first instance). Once costs of doing business are factored in, then as Tar suggests, they will be Nett (loosers)(T2W speelling)

Freedom of speech rules the day - so long as it respects the site's guidelines.

Tim.

How do you reconsile that statement with item number seven of the t2w community constitution ?

7 This is not a freedom of speech site.

:confused:

Going back on track, I've always got the impression CV is basically scaling out of the
same trade, I could be wrong, thats my impression.
Quite possibly scaling out of a pair trade?
The closed out trades probably coming from the side with the most momentum
as they close together again?
Anyway, whatever it is, its his business, works for him fair enough :cool:

How do you reconsile that statement with item number seven of the t2w community constitution ?

7 This is not a freedom of speech site.

:confused:

Hi the hare,
Okay, this is easy. No member can just say literally anything, because 'anything' might include personal abuse, libelous or defamatory comments etc. Hence the site guidelines and the second part of the sentence of mine you've quoted.
Tim.