Trade It Or Fade It - Live Fx Calls

i went short on 14 pairs. basket trade. correlation and price action A B C/1 2 3 with small lot sizes. little late on my entry...fell asleep! oh well here they are:

GBPUSD 1.5484 1.5486
EURGBP 0.8211 0.8216
GBPCHF 1.5865 1.5869
CHFJPY 82.79 82.8
AUDJPY 75.47 75.47
EURJPY 108.01 107.98
USDCHF 1.0243 1.0244
NZDJPY 59.9 59.95
AUDUSD 0.89 0.8898
USDJPY 84.85 84.82
EURUSD 1.2719 1.2721
EURCHF 1.3032 1.3034
GBPJPY 131.38 131.34
NZDUSD 0.7058 0.7059

there are 2 pairs i should be trdaing the opposite way and that the eur/gbp and usd/chf but I'll see how it turns out

EDIT: counter trend trade not such a good idea. got a loss. luckily i use small lot sizes. never again! oh well. will be back next week and see how it goes.

this is supposed to be a live call thread.your calls were late and you claim a profit after the market went strongly against you. A live call is posted soon after entry with a stop in place. Anyone can do what you did and it serves no purpose at all,we cant learn,we cant see if you were correct,etc.No offence intended but it is a live call thread.

yeah and also said it was a loss so i never claimed to do anything that didnt happened. i also called out the prices as well so i am not here to learn. I'm here to call out trades. isnt that what this thread is titled? live trades call? not learn from live trades? just sayin...and i meant late on my entry because i was supposed to be in earlier , not i fell asleep and forgot to mention it.

Last edited:
Heap big long ops.

GBPJPY Start Longs here @ 129.00 timewise inter weekly.

Stop longs ? NOT YET !! enjoy :D

I am shorting the market right now.

gbpusd 1.5460
eurgbp 0.8223
gbpchf 1.5647
chfjpy 82.91
audjpy 76.91
eurjpy 106.76
usdchf 1.0119
nzdjpy 60.60
audusd 0.9167
usdjpy 83.93
eurusd 1.2713
eurchf 1.2864
gbpjpy 129.72
nzdusd 0.7217

i run a dollar stop. not a pip stop. can't say what but if i get stopped out I'll say

Heap big long ops.

GBPJPY Start Longs here @ 129.00 timewise inter weekly.

Stop longs ? NOT YET !! enjoy :D

Update: It's stretched it's legs to +600 pips to 135.00 thus far, update at this time is HOLD.

Stop Longs ? NOT YET !!

Review next week .

GBPJPY update for last week, not much doin, but still holding long at this time from 129.00, likely exit (and possible position for anticipated shorts) next 7-10 days , see if it can advance any from current levels .

AUDUSD Sell 0.9670 Timewise Inter weekly

Stop Shorts ? NOT YET ! enjoy :D

GBPJPY update for last week, not much doin, but still holding long at this time from 129.00, likely exit (and possible position for anticipated shorts) next 7-10 days , see if it can advance any from current levels .

STOP LONGS? YES !

GBPJPY Long Stop hit exit at 132.10 . + 310 ticks net result.

GBPJPY Sell from 132.10 Time wise inter weekly.

Stop Shorts ? NOT YET ! Enjoy :D

i am currently long USDJPY for a short term return of 20-30pips.
I am also long USDCAD for the long term at 1.0183
and long USDJPY for the longterm at 83.20, holding for 100+pips.

Hoping on this BOJ intervention.

I have been following the signals from twentytenfx.com for some time now if anyone wants to know where i got my info from, i follow these guys.

Update, this will help explain my wheelin n dealin,

ok Took a loss on the aussie today -65, as I didn't want to hold onto it going into NFP , which was helped by me flogging cable at 1.60 n change... for +132 and current +122 on the GBPJPY.

To get my head straight I just closed all positions, then re-opened my recent GBPJPY short , as I'm holding that for the next week or so.......

Cable n aussies are still shorts on my set-up but just holding the one pair from here on.

SO GBPJPY short still on. By the time i'd finished composing, I re-opened it at market 130.81

Will update next week. :D

Troof to the dollars !

Attachments

• trades.jpg
    trades.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Update- Closed GBPJPY short at 128.81 for further +200 ticks from last entry (130.80 odd) and closed all unpublished companion trades which I lobbed on, which totaled to just over +600 ticks net for total actions since last post.

Waiting now, for GBPJPY longs, likely week or so off yet. :D

Attachments

• trades1.jpg
    trades1.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 122
Trade idea - Risk appetite , Aggressive.

The GBPJPY's circa 128.80-90 zone currently might offer LONG trades with the support of being positioned for any Yen weakening / intervention ( Well would be nice to see it dollar yens rocket have the bulls gievn up on it yet ? ) , However on the downside is possible week or 2 (time wise) risk of the 127.50 lows being tested.

So you could build a position looking out a week or so.

We're on a similar page here. The difference is I would rather just wait for the lows to be tested before trying to build a position. The risk is missing out if we go up from here before I would enter. I can live with that rather than try to call a bottom early and take some pain. Japan intervention is not absolute at the moment.

Good Luck!
Peter

Yeah agree with that pete.

I'll post a 'widows n orphans' entry when it comes along, I'll be looking to put some on then too, but I wouldn't be surprised to see dollar yens attempt some upside from its current levels looking out next week or so , whether that will be a result of any intervention or not or just dollar strength and yens paring their gains, who knows.

I was long yens against the pound last couple of weeks when all the experts on telly were hoping for more intervention, but that didn't alter my trade outlook. However if Japan would like to start floggin them from here on , well, that'll do nicely ! See how things pan out next couple of weeks.

Should perhaps be a confirmed less aggressive long entry by then too on pound yens.

hmm, I've done some fiddling trades on aussie yen, gbpjpy, eurusd, eurgbp, which has resulted in net 77 pip gain for the actions.

Now this GBPJPY, I see it as mid to end down cycle , but as I'm out and the G20 kicks off this weekend I can guess markets might just push left and right until the G20 is over ?

If i was holding positional shorts still from the 132.20 I'd hold short goin into next week, but I've taken about 400 on that one pair, and I'm out, so I won't get involved until after g20 .

Nothing may happen but, who knows. GBPJPY did run the 127.50 zone and thats where it sits at this time with no confirmed long yet so I'll be observing now and then until next up cycle week or so yet I reckon.

Will post long entry when it comes along, good luck with any g20 fireworks ! But I need to be patient now and wait.

:rolleyes:

G20 Ministerial Meeting, Oct 21-23 2010, Gyeongju

http://www.g20.org/index.aspx

Guess it's a wait n see job to see if we get any seismic price moves come the open next Sunday.

Noticed Jim Rogers saying you want to be short , ( looking out (guess he's talking months / couple years)) the countries that are printing more currency (USA, UK ?) He said if the US keeps printing money (which they will) the stock market will go up, but the dollar will be worth-less ! :)

Good old Jim he does call it how he see's it with enthusiasm.

G20 Ministerial Meeting, Oct 21-23 2010, Gyeongju

http://www.g20.org/index.aspx

Guess it's a wait n see job to see if we get any seismic price moves come the open next Sunday.

Noticed Jim Rogers saying you want to be short , ( looking out (guess he's talking months / couple years)) the countries that are printing more currency (USA, UK ?) He said if the US keeps printing money (which they will) the stock market will go up, but the dollar will be worth-less ! :)

Good old Jim he does call it how he see's it with enthusiasm.

Hey boet!! Don't agree with being short usd and gbp with regards to printing money, would apply in normal circumstances but I think it will have the opposite affect in these "unusual" times. I'm long USD v Eur & GBP v Eur in a long term trade (6 mths plus), Eur versus these currencies does not stand a chance long term as too many reprobates in the EU to justify current strength....only my opinion:cool:, anyway who is this Jim Rogers and what does he know!!

GBPJPY longs from 127.50 . Time wise inter weekly.

:) Update in a week or so

Well I cut both positions on GBPJPY today one netted +390 pips and the second +360 .

This market is still long although I choose to cut today as I was one of those BT customers whose broadband has been cut off for 24 hours !! Er, I wasn't panicked and managed the good old dial up today but, due to them installing the new Infinity fibre optic broadband they could not say if anymore outages would be coming next couple days. So I've bagged early to play it safe.

gbpoct.png