Trade It Or Fade It - Live Fx Calls

Now with the pound yens, it struggled to pump higher and had some good prods to the downside, so I'm thinking it's a shape of things to come this next few hours, hence rolling short at 130.44, there is a risk of trying to stuff a few longs into new highs but, if it's pushed I'll be holding position short.

See how it pans out but it seems like a flagging market underneath at this stage.

Ok well I **** the money bed on that last one -39, positioned long here 130.83 for any upside next few hours 131.50 ?

Infotainment : If it wasn't for the fact I'm short already from 130 and the fact my tokyo trading team seemed to of been invisible at 4.00 am, ahem, er there is another short now at 131.86.

Holding short !

ok well got longs now at 131.77 gbpjpy

dropped my short for - 47 and see if this has got a upside left next few hours.

Aye aye ! Dropped em too early en all, ok short now 131.50 so -27 for that mare of a long.

Holding for downside next few hours...... right old mincer, but hopefully sided right ....

ok well just cut my short for +25 , and just positioned long at 131.25 . for next session, fingers crossed !

Get long I call it !

ok trying shorts here at 131.45 on gbpjpy this early am - see how this pans out,,

Hello snowman - Cheers for the link ,with my analysis I just try and get on the right side of the market using S/R and trend strength or lack of etc, at what I consider a fair price, although I note the market is often greedier than I am....

update to the gbpjpy short 131.45 (not as if much is going on is it ...)

Heres the plan looking ahead.. :)

Option A - The market attempts a sell off at which point I get long preferably sub 131.10 and then explodes to the upside in an afternoon frenzy (or attempts to trade higher) Preferred option. :)

Option B- The market drip trades higher and I'm left managing a bag of tom trying to get a good position on the back foot. :(

Option C - It breaks the world record intraday range drift and I give up and open some Polish Tyskies 5.6% beer around 4-6 P.M. :cry:

I never thought a 3 pip move could look as sexy ... lovely it was.

Last edited:
Yeah complete chop on what I'm looking at. A 30 pip range on EURJPY since London open, and Cable isn't exactly doing much either. Pre-bank holiday Friday...

yeah fickle beast, I'm likely holding short for a bit as i think the micro uptrend cycle has been and gone, so any strength, sell into i think. I thought that recent markup to high zone instead of forcing price short might imply hold my short for likely lower prices this afternoon.

see how it pans out next couple hours.

Sensible ones are likely in or heading to the pub by now ! :)

i went short on 14 pairs. basket trade. correlation and price action A B C/1 2 3 with small lot sizes. little late on my entry...fell asleep! oh well here they are:

GBPUSD 1.5484 1.5486
EURGBP 0.8211 0.8216
GBPCHF 1.5865 1.5869
CHFJPY 82.79 82.8
AUDJPY 75.47 75.47
EURJPY 108.01 107.98
USDCHF 1.0243 1.0244
NZDJPY 59.9 59.95
AUDUSD 0.89 0.8898
USDJPY 84.85 84.82
EURUSD 1.2719 1.2721
EURCHF 1.3032 1.3034
GBPJPY 131.38 131.34
NZDUSD 0.7058 0.7059

there are 2 pairs i should be trdaing the opposite way and that the eur/gbp and usd/chf but I'll see how it turns out

EDIT: counter trend trade not such a good idea. got a loss. luckily i use small lot sizes. never again! oh well. will be back next week and see how it goes.

Last edited:
Yeah complete chop on what I'm looking at. A 30 pip range on EURJPY since London open, and Cable isn't exactly doing much either. Pre-bank holiday Friday...

I think BERNANKE caused a breakout both ways on that range! Lucky I am stuck out in the desert with no data, no chance of trading or losing (y)

this market as whole is long. so that's what i did aorund 8:00GMT +1 early this morning . So I'm long on 14 pairs. my trade style is this one here:

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=107119

only up about 111 pips. I expect well in the 500-1000 pips range for taking profit who knows, it could be more. not gonna guess it. gonna get out when the market says so