Towler Trading

newward

Hi, has anyone heard of these guys ? I know there has been debate on here, re Amplify etc, but below is there proposal :

The Training Programme

Our training programme runs as follows:

The training will last approximately 6 months.

The programme we run has a cost of 1,000 upfront, and then 500 per month thereafter to cover your office fees. Throughout the training period trainees will be required to support themselves financially. It is important to note that none of this money is taken by us as profit, we offer the training for free, and benefit only from your success if you join us after the training as a trader. As a result we are extremely selective in our selection process to ensure the highest possible rate of success.

After 3 months a profit share of your trading revenues will be offered for the remaining 3 months of training.

As a trainee we get you watching and reading the markets from day one. The best way to improve as a trader is to trade; therefore we aim to do this early on in your time with us.

Over the first month you will learn the following:

· Understanding price action

· Recognising market support and resistance

· How to determine market pivot points

· Trader psychology

· Risk management

Post Training

If you make it until the end of the training you will be offered a full role with Towler Capital to trade company funds.

Our trading model is unique in the sense that once competent at trading, your risk management and daily trading plan will be created in accordance with our senior traders, who have an already high rate of success at trading the market. We are not a prop shop; we trade our ideas as a team.

-------------

So, obviously there is the £1000 up front, then desk fees of £500 a month - so in a roundabout way, you are committing £4k at least, up front.

I've been invited for a group meeting, and then an interview afterwards.

run by a guy called simon towler who is on this forum. going from his post he is self taught with about 2 years experience. just recently grad from uni it seems as well. one of the directors is a guy called Stefan davis is was on trader monthlys 30 under 30 last year. thats all i know i'm afraid.

oh and most roles in prop houses are self-employed, so be prepared to support yourself until you are consistently return profit.

Tower trading group are good, dont know about their grad scheme, but company is pretty well estrablished in the city. Owned by guy who set up Mac (b4 sold to reffco), and reffco had very good grad scheme, which spawned braveheart...

Tower trading group are good, dont know about their grad scheme, but company is pretty well estrablished in the city. Owned by guy who set up Mac (b4 sold to reffco), and reffco had very good grad scheme, which spawned braveheart...

what magnus greaves ?

i dont know him,, but have only ever heard good stuff about him, and Tower trading, and been involved with reffco a few years back (before it went pop), you tend to hear about what are the good and not so good arcades

i dont know him,, but have only ever heard good stuff about him, and Tower trading, and been involved with reffco a few years back (before it went pop), you tend to hear about what are the good and not so good arcades

this is TOWLER TRADING, NOT TOWER TRADING........

I've been invited as well. Honestely before to commit I would like to know better how big will be the group and what's usually the average rate of success of candidates with them. Sometimes I think some add are a little tricky.
Honestly I feel Futex, Liquid Capital and Tibra to be more serious as prop. companies.
Let me know your opionion after being interviewed.

P.T.J.

Hi, has anyone heard of these guys ? I know there has been debate on here, re Amplify etc, but below is there proposal :

The Training Programme

Our training programme runs as follows:

The training will last approximately 6 months.

The programme we run has a cost of 1,000 upfront, and then 500 per month thereafter to cover your office fees. Throughout the training period trainees will be required to support themselves financially. It is important to note that none of this money is taken by us as profit, we offer the training for free, and benefit only from your success if you join us after the training as a trader. As a result we are extremely selective in our selection process to ensure the highest possible rate of success.

After 3 months a profit share of your trading revenues will be offered for the remaining 3 months of training.

As a trainee we get you watching and reading the markets from day one. The best way to improve as a trader is to trade; therefore we aim to do this early on in your time with us.

Over the first month you will learn the following:

· Understanding price action

· Recognising market support and resistance

· How to determine market pivot points

· Trader psychology

· Risk management

Post Training

If you make it until the end of the training you will be offered a full role with Towler Capital to trade company funds.

Our trading model is unique in the sense that once competent at trading, your risk management and daily trading plan will be created in accordance with our senior traders, who have an already high rate of success at trading the market. We are not a prop shop; we trade our ideas as a team.

-------------

So, obviously there is the £1000 up front, then desk fees of £500 a month - so in a roundabout way, you are committing £4k at least, up front.

I've been invited for a group meeting, and then an interview afterwards.

i was also invited for the group interview which was meant to happen today but got an email this morning to say it had been cancelled.
i was sceptical about the whole self funding traineeship all along but thought i'd go along and see what they were like, having the interview cancelled last minute makes me think they're not taking their trainees too seriously. I don't understand how Liquid, Tibra etc. can offer very competitive starting salaries and other prop houses just enough to cover your expenses, yet Towler require you to fund yourself. i realise this is part of working for a prop shop, but surely as a trainee it makes sense to give allow you to dedicate all your time and effort without being under financial stress or having to take on a second evening job?
i certainly won't be going for the rearranged group meeting as they are completely a bunch of *****.