Win Investing...... Free training?

Please don't waste your time going to these WIN seminars. I was at one today - a total and utter waste of time. It was THE most obvious sales pitch I had ever seen. I think it might have been more effective if he had said: there's two ways of doing this - 1. Go and learn it yourself and spend months trying to; 2. Spend vast amounts of money to learn some safe strategies so the stock market millionaires can make even more money. The guy kept telling us about these success stories, and then when it came to the strategies, he said he "[didn't] have time". Having said that, half the room looked set to fork out 3k. They didn't look like they could afford it. They also didn't give me any of the free gifts they promised. When I asked for where I could write an official complaint to, the secretaries looked at me dumbly. I mean, if it's an LLP, there should have a complaints division? After deciding I didn't care enough, I thought I should warn others like myself. I am desperate to learn about the Stock Market. I'm a poor student now but I am going to be rich one day and I want to know how to make that money work for me...Any ideas for a complete novice?

I somewhat regret to inform everyone on this forum that I went for the main course... but only because I was offered something called a "SCHOLARSHIP SEAT" which cost 700 !!! Otherwise it was some riddddiculous amount !!! They overload you with information on that course... and when you come out, you are sooooooooo confused...
I would like to say that those guys are not bad at all ... in their way of teaching, their material, etc etc ... its just that all this and MORE is available for much less somewhere else. Kym Watson and Kevin Burton run a website called ezeetrader. They offer an entire day trading course for 1K and also provide access to a chatroom where a pro trader basically guides you all the way.

I've wasted money on WIN... so I urge all the people on this forum to NOT do it !! Please dont !!!

Please don't waste your time going to these WIN seminars. I was at one today - a total and utter waste of time. It was THE most obvious sales pitch I had ever seen. I think it might have been more effective if he had said: there's two ways of doing this - 1. Go and learn it yourself and spend months trying to; 2. Spend vast amounts of money to learn some safe strategies so the stock market millionaires can make even more money. The guy kept telling us about these success stories, and then when it came to the strategies, he said he "[didn't] have time". Having said that, half the room looked set to fork out 3k. They didn't look like they could afford it. They also didn't give me any of the free gifts they promised. When I asked for where I could write an official complaint to, the secretaries looked at me dumbly. I mean, if it's an LLP, there should have a complaints division? After deciding I didn't care enough, I thought I should warn others like myself. I am desperate to learn about the Stock Market. I'm a poor student now but I am going to be rich one day and I want to know how to make that money work for me...Any ideas for a complete novice?

To get you started off ... how about something free like THIS FORUM !!!
Next, subscribe to someone who gives out free newsletters... but there are zillions of em out there ... PM me if you want to know more... otherwise people on this forum might think im some kinda sales leech who's wanting to sell something ! :D:D:D:D:D
Next invest in a good source like a charts encyclopedia ... (like a Bulkowski or something... £40 odd quid at Amazon ...)
START VIRTUAL TRADING !!!! Then when ur confidence is UP ! Start real trading at a small scale.

well today was the day I was ment to be going but... woops I never went, I just don't have the time to waste. :smart:

Thanks for the input guys and I can't believe they advertised this through a Job forum (n)!

It is a seminar but there are better ways than taking the win path.
go along for ataster and see what you think.
Don't sign anything you can't get out of later.
K

it is a 3 hour seminar that offers you a training course to go on 4 about 2 grand with a set of dvds that will help you and a friend goes free!! anyone nbin on the course??? an is it any good??

it is a 3 hour seminar that offers you a training course to go on 4 about 2 grand with a set of dvds that will help you and a friend goes free!! anyone nbin on the course??? an is it any good??

Do the free seminar by all means - never hurts.

As for the WIN course, I did it about 5 years ago. I feel pretty embarassed about it now, I must admit. The guy DOES NOT TRADE! The course covers topics from 3 or 4 good books on technical analysis and provides some strategies.
However, better strategies can be found on message boards like this one for free, and all of the course material can be found around here for free, or from max. £100 worth of books. I reckon your cash would be better spent finding a strategy on here that you like and sinking some cash into it after some successful paper trading.

well today was the day I was ment to be going but... woops I never went

Oh dear, you missed your chance then to 'quit the rate race' and 'spend more time with your loved ones' while you sit by your pool in the sun spending 15 mins a day making in excess of 10% a month :)

Do the free seminar by all means - never hurts.

As for the WIN course, I did it about 5 years ago. I feel pretty embarassed about it now, I must admit. The guy DOES NOT TRADE! The course covers topics from 3 or 4 good books on technical analysis and provides some strategies.
However, better strategies can be found on message boards like this one for free, and all of the course material can be found around here for free, or from max. £100 worth of books. I reckon your cash would be better spent finding a strategy on here that you like and sinking some cash into it after some successful paper trading.

thank you gumping for your help im a complete beginner but want to start trading after i have gained a bit of knowledge! do you recommend any books that will help me?? an also if this course is so worthless i dont understand how all the people they go on about are doing so well?? have you heard anyone who as made money out of it on this forum??

if this course is so worthless i dont understand how all the people they go on about are doing so well??

And who is telling you they're doing well? The testimonials :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

"Thanks, I just just turned £5,000 into £15,653 using one of your 'power strategies', great work guys!"

Do yourself a favour, when it comes to the financial markets NEVER believe anyone when they talk about money, how much they are making or losing, 90% of it is pure rubbish.

He's right! I read an article, linked from this site somewhere where someone tracked down the person who allegedly made one of these comments on the testimonials. He denied ever saying it. This was reported to Trading Standards and WIN was rapped for it.

Books on TA?

Read the reviews section up the top on the t2w toolbar.

I personally would recommend John F. Carter's book, 'Mastering the Trade'.
The WIN course could pretty much be found in Alexander Elder's book 'Trading For A Living', and William O'Neil's 'How to make money in stocks'.

If you're a complete newbie, read this:

Forex Training & Education: Beginner Foreign Exchange Currency Trading

And this thread:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/first-steps/26947-making-money-trading.html

He's right! I read an article, linked from this site somewhere where someone tracked down the person who allegedly made one of these comments on the testimonials. He denied ever saying it. This was reported to Trading Standards and WIN was rapped for it.

Books on TA?

Read the reviews section up the top on the t2w toolbar.

I personally would recommend John F. Carter's book, 'Mastering the Trade'.
The WIN course could pretty much be found in Alexander Elder's book 'Trading For A Living', and William O'Neil's 'How to make money in stocks'.

If you're a complete newbie, read this:

Forex Training & Education: Beginner Foreign Exchange Currency Trading

And this thread:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/first-steps/26947-making-money-trading.html

THANKS GUYS FOR THE HELP WILL AVE A LOOK AT THE WEBSITES

Oh dear, you missed your chance then to 'quit the rate race' and 'spend more time with your loved ones' while you sit by your pool in the sun spending 15 mins a day making in excess of 10% a month :)

If you swing trade, I can't see why this isn't possible, although 15 minutes a day does seem like a long time to place an order.

Shadow

Of course it's possible but very very few people verusus the amount of traders in the market can get those results over many years. I'd say less than 2%.

True. Still possible. I would except the idea of sitting on a beach doing **** all doesn't inspire me. My local climbing wall, however, has wifi and my local crag has wifi (there's a youth hostel right next to it) so I could trade and dyno at the same time.

YouTube - Dyno : climbing gym edition

(That's not me. I would be dressed in black.)

£500 for the course instead of (£1970/2)

Hi everyone

I attended the free seminar and signed up for the three day course that costs £1970. The price includes the right for me to bring a friend along.

This is an offer to anyone interested who would like to attend the three day seminar at a HUGE discount. Just £500.

The seminar is near London tower bridge on March 27-29 2009.

A lot of people hear seem to be bad mouthing the course, but in the same paragraph admit to not have even attended the course that they are bad mouthing about. I admit the free seminar wininvesting hosted played too much on the sales pitch, but I am willing to pay to see what's behind the smoke and mirrors instead of just winging about it.
I'm just a normal taxpayer like you guys trying to find a way to earn more cash. Wininvesting sounds like they know something that can make money and they are charging you to find out what that something is. The risk is there, I'm aware of that, but if Wininvesting is truly as dodgy as some people on this forum are claiming them to be, don't you think trading standards or some other government agency would have taken them down by now?

Anyway I am not here to defend or promote Wininvesting, I am trying to sell one half of my ticket to attend the three day course.

What I am selling is the right to bring you in as my guest on the three day paid course that costs £1970. But I'm selling it for £500.

If you are interested or would like to negotiate the price with me please don't hesitate to contact/sms me
Johan:07786004163

Thanks

Hi everyone

I attended the free seminar and signed up for the three day course that costs £1970. The price includes the right for me to bring a friend along.

This is an offer to anyone interested who would like to attend the three day seminar at a HUGE discount. Just £500.

The seminar is near London tower bridge on March 27-29 2009.

A lot of people hear seem to be bad mouthing the course, but in the same paragraph admit to not have even attended the course that they are bad mouthing about. I admit the free seminar wininvesting hosted played too much on the sales pitch, but I am willing to pay to see what's behind the smoke and mirrors instead of just winging about it.
I'm just a normal taxpayer like you guys trying to find a way to earn more cash. Wininvesting sounds like they know something that can make money and they are charging you to find out what that something is. The risk is there, I'm aware of that, but if Wininvesting is truly as dodgy as some people on this forum are claiming them to be, don't you think trading standards or some other government agency would have taken them down by now?

Anyway I am not here to defend or promote Wininvesting, I am trying to sell one half of my ticket to attend the three day course.

What I am selling is the right to bring you in as my guest on the three day paid course that costs £1970. But I'm selling it for £500.

If you are interested or would like to negotiate the price with me please don't hesitate to contact/sms me
Johan:07786004163

Thanks

I did do the course many years ago.

It's really not worth the money - read a decent book on Technical Analysis for about 20 quid and you'll have covered almost all of the seminar. Everything in it is available on here for free. The proprietor of the firm definitely does not trade. Trading Standards have had a go at them and made them retract alot of the hyperbole they used to associate with the course.

Try to get ur money back.