Tottenham Riots

> At present, in nearly 1.1 million workless households,
It estimates that £5.2bn a year is wrongly paid out as a result of fraud and error.

I'm in a Costa Coffee in London and the two girls behind the counter asked me what my poppy was. They said they hadn't seen it before.

I'm in a Costa Coffee in London and the two girls behind the counter asked me what my poppy was. They said they hadn't seen it before.

Times change, mate. When I was young everyone knew what Poppy Day was. I think that it is the fault of the organisers--they don't publicise it enough and there is a lot of competition plus the fact that doners are worried whether the money goes where it should. The public is less trusting with donations, these days.

I was pointing out that British behaviour seem to have dropped in recent years. Crime is still at a high rate, 70%+ are back in prison after being released within 1 year. But It's not only the people on the bottom that are guilty. Bankers , politicians etc. seem to pretty much get away with a lot more.

Last edited:
Come back Maggie, we need you! The world will be a better place right now if she was still holding the reigns:eek:

What a load of tosh.

Poor old lady is on her last legs and this is an attemp at self flattery.

She pretty much laid the foundations of our current utter failure of the financial system and decimated manufacturing.

Certainly on her last legs. What effect did 13 years of NewLab have on allowing abuse of her reforms?

Certainly on her last legs. What effect did 13 years of NewLab have on allowing abuse of her reforms?

True, but Blair simply emulated the so called successful autocratic and spin infested style of the Mrs T. One could call Blair the heir son of Thatcher to be honest.

I was amused listening to local radio this morning about the vandalism going on in a small town not far away. Being small nearly everyone knew who the culprits are but too intimidated by the small gang of youths and officialdom to do much about it. Thanks to the usual misguided "do-gooders" this gang roams freely smashing anything they can. The head of the Council has promised to try and find some money to give them a skate board park. The police said they were sorry they hadn't any left. Soppy or what ?

Put the ring leaders in the stocks and a good whipping - end of problem.

I was tempted to phone in to put the point that maybe it was a lack of breast feeding, but they would no doubt make up for lost time

:cheesy:

I was amused listening to local radio this morning about the vandalism going on in a small town not far away. Being small nearly everyone knew who the culprits are but too intimidated by the small gang of youths and officialdom to do much about it. Thanks to the usual misguided "do-gooders" this gang roams freely smashing anything they can. The head of the Council has promised to try and find some money to give them a skate board park. The police said they were sorry they hadn't any left. Soppy or what ?

Put the ring leaders in the stocks and a good whipping - end of problem.

I was tempted to phone in to put the point that maybe it was a lack of breast feeding, but they would no doubt make up for lost time

:cheesy:

I was listening to LBC and a teacher said by the age of 10 you will have missed the chance.

Need to catch'em when them are young. Bring back corporal punishment at school imho. No discipline and teachers afraid to do what they should incase of parental assault.

Ofcourse teachers shouldn't have to - parents should discipline their own kids but no they'll just simply blame teachers and the police.

What's that all about???

I was listening to LBC and a teacher said by the age of 10 you will have missed the chance.

Need to catch'em when them are young. Bring back corporal punishment at school imho. No discipline and teachers afraid to do what they should incase of parental assault.

Ofcourse teachers shouldn't have to - parents should discipline their own kids but no they'll just simply blame teachers and the police.

What's that all about???

It just goes to show that the useless politicians just aren't up to the job as usual.
For another example the theft of metal is now running at about £750m pa and increasing. No sooner are the copper cables laid in the Walsall area than the thieves have ripped them up. The police said they couldn't do much about it. Unlicenced scrap yards were no go areas under current law.

They should reward effort etc. not the thieves - who elected the bums anyway ?

It just goes to show that the useless politicians just aren't up to the job as usual.
For another example the theft of metal is now running at about £750m pa and increasing. No sooner are the copper cables laid in the Walsall area than the thieves have ripped them up. The police said they couldn't do much about it. Unlicenced scrap yards were no go areas under current law.

They should reward effort etc. not the thieves - who elected the bums anyway ?

These fat cats not much different to all looters really.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-16460739

Clearly a free rider problem.

Politicians same of gang of looters from tax payers.

It's a whole freaking industry. My angst is how they are perceived and treated so very differently.

49% increase in 2010.

Everybody then wonders why the country is going down the pan...

Then all the smart aleks will bark on about well what would you do different.

I'd start by treating the looters the same.

Last edited:
To break it all down to it's simplest components

IT'S ALL ABOUT STICK AND CARROTS

politicians are kept up to the mark by criticism and jailing the few that are caught misbehaving. The many that do good work are more than adequately rewarded.

Youth etc. are much the same

simple really until the stick is so enfeebled by the " bleeding hearts etc " as to be worthless/laughable