Took out a loan to transition to full-time trading. 24 years old.

As i recall some of you guys gave him the advice to go ahead and take the loan ! Maybe you should pay him then .

I'm quite frankly surprised anyone gave this thread the time of day at all - it had BS written all over it from post #1.

Especially [as you may or may not know?] it was copied verbatim elsewhere;

http://www.elitetrader.com/et/index...ion-to-full-time-trading-24-years-old.298510/
wabu27 said:
As for excuses go, would you believe me if I said I have more money in my bank account than my parents? I support them with $$ every month, pay for the family's phone bill, have college loans asking for monthly payments, donate 10% of my income to church, and for some righteous reason decided to sponsor a child through Compassion.:whistle:whistling:whistling

It's all a joke. What he wrote on elite at the beginning, " I was able to consistently make at least 2% returns a day while keeping my losses to 1% a day. I participated in virtual stock competitions and finished first places. I developed my own trading style and later found out it was a mix of what people refer to as momentum trading and technical trading. " Then he proceeds to report 33% losses twice, then a final blowout ~ 96% with "no feeling".

It's been over a year. And hell of a year it was (literally). So many things had happened. I'm still in **** load of debt yet I'm going to trade again.
I am not looking to con anyone. I am not looking to offend anyone. I simply love trading. And I hope you will follow-me along for the ride.
I'm also going to start streaming myself trading on youtube. I'm not sure if I can post links here so I won't <-- if anyone's got an answer to this, please let me know!
And.. I post on this blog and another trading blog. Copy + paste after every entry. More audience, more interaction, more thoughts. That's the only reason. Nothing else.

Thank you.

It's been over a year. And hell of a year it was (literally). So many things had happened. I'm still in **** load of debt yet I'm going to trade again.
I am not looking to con anyone. I am not looking to offend anyone. I simply love trading. And I hope you will follow-me along for the ride.
I'm also going to start streaming myself trading on youtube. I'm not sure if I can post links here so I won't <-- if anyone's got an answer to this, please let me know!
And.. I post on this blog and another trading blog. Copy + paste after every entry. More audience, more interaction, more thoughts. That's the only reason. Nothing else.

Thank you.

Welcome back mate, long time no see. I dont see any problem linking youtube providing your not vendoring or soliciting money in any way.
So whats the current state of play? Trading smaller I hope :D

This not about trading any more is it ? Revenue from web traffic is now very much a thing of the past and won't work. Should get yourself into bitcoin and related. All the dumb fuxorz are in it. Buy, hold, and get out before the pyramid collapses should work.

It's all a joke. What he wrote on elite at the beginning, " I was able to consistently make at least 2% returns a day while keeping my losses to 1% a day. I participated in virtual stock competitions and finished first places. I developed my own trading style and later found out it was a mix of what people refer to as momentum trading and technical trading. " Then he proceeds to report 33% losses twice, then a final blowout ~ 96% with "no feeling".

The poor sod is a hopeless loser and doesn't realise that sad fact yet.
He should get a job. Any job and play on a demo account until he is profitable.

I say fair play to wabu for giving it a proper stab . Most businesses require quite a bit of risk to get going , day trading is no different .

I guess I'm in a similar situation as wabu (23, city job, not much capital) but I'll be honest I wouldn't have the balls to take out loans like he did .

Woot made 10.99% trading oil futures.
Did a nice job cutting loses. Did a mediocre job staying in when it was going good. Could have made a lot more profit but exited way too early. Scared to lose money so trying to play it safe.

Woot made 10.99% trading oil futures.
Did a nice job cutting loses. Did a mediocre job staying in when it was going good. Could have made a lot more profit but exited way too early. Scared to lose money so trying to play it safe.

my last two trades were on us crude oil futures too

bought the sept at 4761 and took a loss

then tried again at 4700 oct which made up for it (y)

i caught the recent upthrust which hit my limit order

+14.6% today.
Traded horribly today. Missed some couple fakes that I expected may happen.. wasn't patient enough. Good thing the overall traded moved as I'd predicted. Otherwise might have ended up with a huge loss. Horrible horrible horrible.
I always think I start the day safe, but once I get into trading I keep forgetting the rules I made for myself that's supposed to protect my account. Instead of playing defensive, I go offensive and don't realize until my screen is red.
Lucky trades today. Good predictions but lucky trades.

+14.6% today....

Thats a huge amount to grow your account in one day
Do you have a rule for max loss in one day?
I wouldn't want to lose much more than 2% in a day, therefore I'm only usually shooting for about 4% from any one trade. When i trade options its a bit different though

I am more of a swing trader and rarely take multiple trades per day on small timeframes